Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins sign Emmanuel Ogbah - 2 yrs / $15M

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

15m
    Defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah has agreed to terms with the Miami Dolphins on a 2-year deal worth $15M with $7.5M fully guaranteed,
    @RosenhausSports
    told ESPN.

We must be planning to grab a pass rushing OLB maybe? This move helps us improve against the run though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    We must be planning to grab a pass rushing OLB maybe? This move helps us improve against the run though.
    My thoughts too, maybe in the draft as I don't think there's anyone who really fits that in free agency?

A trade for a franchised player is also possible, we have an insane amount of draft picks.

I actually think this means that we arent drafting one early. You have to remember that Flo doesnt want high sack numbers guys. He wants versatile guys so he can scheme the pressure. I think at best we might be looking at someone like Josh Uche in the 2nd.

I absolutely love this signing. I know a few people who are Browns fans and they were pissed he got traded away last year. Ogbah will probably be our best pass rushing DT immediately and offers the flexibility to move around on the line. Between Ogbah, Van Noy, Lawson and Baker we should be set at pass rusher.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Another signing i like, high sparq score defensive player, good contract too.

Flores stocking up his defense nicely.

Team is doing it right. Fill all needs in FA and then just take BPA in the draft.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Team is doing it right. Fill all needs in FA and then just take BPA in the draft.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Only thing I see being left open is LT. I would expect some kind of swing tackle to be signed. But outside of that they should be able to fill every hole.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    One thing I'll say is that the Fins have signed several guys that have gotten 5-7 sacks past few years. It's a scheme thing, not just one guy dominating and other guys cleaning up. The depth is looking nice for sure. Night and day from last year for sure. If we stay at 5 and get Simmons and another BPA defensive player in the 2nd or 3rd... watch out.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    One thing I'll say is that the Fins have signed several guys that have gotten 5-7 sacks past few years. It's a scheme thing, not just one guy dominating and other guys cleaning up. The depth is looking nice for sure. Night and day from last year for sure. If we stay at 5 and get Simmons and another BPA defensive player in the 2nd or 3rd... watch out.
    Simmons @ 5 and..... Love at 18? Or hope Herbert drops and trade up?

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Not saying we will or that's what I want. But if it were to happen because Burrow goes 1 and LAC takes Tua at 4 after swapping with Giants and we don't trade up, Simmons will be there. Chase Young will be gone at 2. Lions take Okudah after trading away Slay. Simmons on this defense... very nice. We will go from the worst ever to fringe top 10 with potential for a top 5 around mid season after coaching and chemistry and learning playbook etc. Can't ever expect so many new faces to gel right away and learn defense, first few games might be tough regardless. But I don't see how this defense isn't at least a 10-15 type unit. Solid run stopping additions and scheme guys, added QB pressure and two elite CB's plus Simmons and whoever else we draft.

And yea in that scenario if take Simmons, we 100% take a QB like Herbert or Love and an OT with the other two 1st rounders. Probably focusing on WR in 2nd but mainly BPA rest of draft.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I really think it will end up being Simmons.