Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 627 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188588 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Wonít doing nothing about China just encourage them to do worse since they went unpunished for it?
    Remember the Versailles treaty ? And it's ramifications

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So instead you do nothing? I don't think so. If this was done on purpose, something drastic should certainly be done to the offender(s).
    Your desire for justice is understandable.. Yet, thinking while angry has poor results. The solution will not be one that punishes them because they at best may become more secretive or at worst belligerent.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    How in the world are you going to tell China that they have to figure out a way to stop what their starving can eat? can u imagine if another country told us we needed to stop eating deer, salmon or something many poorer people in rural regions of our country hunting or catch to depend on to feed their families?

They eat many things that we in this country wouldn't even dream of eating but the point is the same
    Yeah and itís time the UN does itís damned job for once and start enforcing laws , like lab animals shouldnít be sold in the meat markets , and certain animals should not be consumed like bats and primates , and pangolins . And itís a fact that pangolins which are heavily used in China and Europe carry corona viruses.

https://www.sciencealert.com/coronav...er-regulations
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-02-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah and itís time the UN does itís damned job for once and start enforcing laws , like lab animals shouldnít be sold in the meat markets , and certain animals should not be consumed like bats and primates , and pangolins . And itís a fact that pangolins which are heavily used in China and Europe carry corona viruses.

https://www.sciencealert.com/coronav...er-regulations
    And again how do you sanction the world's second largest economy. The second they raise the cost of your made in China goods you will be freaking out more then you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Your desire for justice is understandable.. Yet, thinking while angry has poor results. The solution will not be one that punishes them because they at best may become more secretive or at worst belligerent.
    I'm not angry. I simply think your logic is weak.

"Let's literally let them get away with mass murder because we're worried that they'll do it again....and maybe worse!"

Having said that, it certainly hasn't been proven that this was done on purpose, so I'm only speaking in hypotheticals.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    And again how do you sanction the world's second largest economy. The second they raise the cost of your made in China goods you will be freaking out more then you are now.
    Something has to be done. You can't continue allowing China to subsidize their citizens to harvest wildlife that carries life threatening illnesses. These are just the diseases they know about as well. As we know, viruses continue to mutate.

That's above my pay grade but the UN needs to intervene.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-02-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They have to discourage their government from subsidizing animals being bred that are not meant for consumption. I'm aware Asian people eat things that Americans wouldn't dream of btw. I've vacationed in Japan and Thailand before.

This is the second time China has run into this and they were lucky SARS didn't spread on a wider scale because its a much deadlier disease than COVID-19. Something has to change and its not just the response. Like I said introduce them to processed foods. We do it in this country. I understand it won't be an easy process but the alternative is this or worse.
    I wasn't trying to be insulting towards you, i was just stating it won't be as easily said as done. Sure they can discourage it but telling starving people not to eat something they regularly do is going to be challenging to say the least unless China is going to start supplying people with food.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I wasn't trying to be insulting towards you, i was just stating it won't be as easily said as done. Sure they can discourage it but telling starving people not to eat something they regularly do is going to be challenging to say the least unless China is going to start supplying people with food.
    Absolutely and I understand its a lot easier said than done feeding 1.4 billion people. That said, something has to change. Chinese people need to understand they are putting themselves and the whole world in danger eating animals not meant for consumption.

If this happens again, we might not be so lucky where only 100,000s of thousands of people die. Its hard for me to even type that considering how disgusting of a thought it is but you get my point. The next time it could some super virus immune to treatment and vaccination that could wipe out millions of people.

I only mentioned the UN due to their global authority. Condemnation from them may carry more clout collectively, also relieves the US from having to play antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm not angry. I simply think your logic is weak.

"Let's literally let them get away with mass murder because we're worried that they'll do it again....and maybe worse!"

Having said that, it certainly hasn't been proven that this was done on purpose, so I'm only speaking in hypotheticals.
    I'm saying a solution does not have to punitive. They have suffered as well. If things have to be done to help them prevent this, yes. But to punish them will make it worse the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Exactly. That's because this wasn't created in some lab. People love conspiracy theories. This isn't an act of biogenic warfare. Its an act of irresponsible eating habits that have to change. I understand China needs to feed 1.4 billion people but they have to find another way. Eat highly processed foods like Americans do and die of heart disease in 30-40 years.

**** this **** where you're eating bats, rats, and all these disease carrying animals that are not meant to be consumed.

They're on a mission to let out some ****ing super virus that kills half the world's population. I don't know what the rest of the world can threaten China with but they can't let this happen again.
    We could just nuke the **** out of their entire country

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Treatment of 5 Critically Ill Patients With COVID-19 With Convalescent Plasma
    JAMA. Published online March 27, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.4783

In this uncontrolled case series of 5 critically ill patients with COVID-19 and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), administration of convalescent plasma containing neutralizing antibody was followed by an improvement in clinical status.
    5 critically ill COVID patients (on ventilators) received antibody-rich plasma from 5 other patients who had recovered from COVID.

Results: 3 discharged; 2 in stable condition!

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...?resultClick=1
    Sweet. Do this for every patient and we can be back to normal by Easter!

Kushner Puts Himself in the Middle of the White Houseís Chaotic Coronavirus Response
    President Trumpís son-in-law has become a central player in the White House effort to curb the pandemic. But critics say he is part of the problem.

By Peter Baker, Maggie Haberman, Zolan Kanno-Youngs and Noah Weiland
    April 2, 2020
    Updated 5:05 p.m. ET

At one of the most perilous moments in modern American history, Mr. Kushner is trying in a disjointed White House to marshal the forces of government for the war his father-in-law says he is waging. A real estate developer with none of the medical expertise of a public health official nor the mobilization experience of a general, Mr. Kushner has nonetheless become a key player in the response to the pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/u...rus-trump.html

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    My brother in law already got his stimulus deposit today. Guess they're going on pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Last edited by metswon69; 04-02-2020 at 10:19 PM.