Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 83 of 627 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183583 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, why do you continue to post Chinaís numbers?

They lie.

They lied to the World as people thought it was a SARS type virus...not a Global pandemic.....

China didnít give the correct data so the rest of the world was going by their data and it was WRONG!

So quit using their numbers....it means Zilch!

Dr, China was totally wrong by MISLEADING all......
    Nick if you could get past your jingoistic xenophobia and actually looked at the research you would find it was done by a prestigious University:

Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine
    University of Bern
    Bern, Switzerland

Clearly there is the possibility and potential for "less than factual" data reporting, however this is a well respected academic institute, their reputation is at stake.

The data was extracted from the CCDC report . We assumed that all deaths were reported and that
    all symptomatic cases among people of aged 80 years and older were also reported. For the other age classes, we modelled the underreporting of symptomatic cases by an age-dependent reporting rate. We used negative binomial distributions to describe the number of reported cases and deaths and multinomial distributions to describe the distribution of cases and deaths over age classes. We implemented the model in a Bayesian framework using Stan[15]. All code and data are available from https://github.com/jriou/covid_adjusted_cfr.
    Last edited by drt1010; 04-01-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Explanation: it has Obama's name in it.
    Ya think?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nick if you could get past your jingoistic xenophobia and actually looked at the research you would find it was done by a prestigious University:

University of Bern
    Bern, Switzerland

Clearly there is the possibility and potential for "less than factual" data reporting, however this is a well respected academic institute, their reputation is at stake.

The data was extracted from the CCDC report . We assumed that all deaths were reported and that
    all symptomatic cases among people of aged 80 years and older were also reported. For the other age classes, we modelled the underreporting of symptomatic cases by an age-dependent reporting rate. We used negative binomial distributions to describe the number of reported cases and deaths and multinomial distributions to describe the distribution of cases and deaths over age classes. We implemented the model in a Bayesian framework using Stan[15]. All code and data are available from https://github.com/jriou/covid_adjusted_cfr.

Get your facts straight before calling me xenophobic!

It ORIGINATED IN CHINA!!!

What donít YOU understand about that?
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

University of Bern
    Bern, Switzerland

I donít care HOW PRESTIGIOUS the college is..anybody who uses Chinaís numbers are getting fooled......

Even experts say that Dr...

Pointing something out like where it orginated and how awful their warnings were to the rest of the ENTIRE world is. It xenophobic.

You follow the narrative of Dems....

You and your friends think you all know what is right and wrong and can decide what is right for the world..

You seem to deflect blame from China and put it all on the US.

You will never say it originated from China until somebody from a prestigious college gives you that info....

Quit being ignorant about where this virus started....
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Nick please relax. I have admitted China's culpability. They were less than honest, the mark of a true totalitarian regime.

I follow no ones narrative. My thoughts are my own. I simply see no value in assigning blame or demonizing. We are all human and the enemy is a common one - no race, no religion and no ethnicity. We have been over this territory many times.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Less than honest ? China downright lied and then covered it up . And they are still covering it up .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Less than honest ? China downright lied and then covered it up . And they are still covering it up .
    And you still contradict yourself, make foolish statements and lie.
    So you are the same as China
    That makes you a self hating, commie

My wife and I sat in our yard and had some Coronas and took a walk for an hour after work. What you guys do after work?

Got to love that Trump decided to not open Obamacare enrollment in a period where more people need healthcare than ever.

11. Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    My wife and I sat in our yard and had some Coronas and took a walk for an hour after work. What you guys do after work?
    I'm off work.

During my time off I've built a swing set and began building an extension to our patio.

When the patio is done I will be cutting down a bunch of small to medium sized trees in our back yard, then moving everything out of our garage and into the driveway, then putting it back one by one to get it organized. Currently it is a cluster****.

After that I have a few small projects inside. Turning our daughters crib into a toddler bed, mount a tv in the loft area, hang some pictures/signs in the kids rooms.

I've been pretty damn productive so far since being off work.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 04-01-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'm off work.

During my time off I've built a swing set and began building an extension to our patio.

When the patio is done I will be cutting down a bunch of small to medium sized trees in our back yard, then moving everything out of our garage and into the driveway, then putting it back one by one to get it organized. Currently it is a cluster****.

After that I have a few small projects inside. Turning our daughters crib into a toddler bed, mount a tv in the loft area, hang some pictures/signs in the kids rooms.

I've been pretty damn productive so far since being off work.
    A man with a plan. Look out! I like it.

Sell the Team, HAL!

A man with a plan. Look out! I like it.
    I'm taking advantage of my time off for sure. Best part is I'm still getting paid to do all my home projects.

15. Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    My wife and I have walked the beach. Occasionally I'll fish and she reads. Beaches are deserted, so very little risk in rubbing elbows with others. Predominantly staying indoors heeding the sound advise of our commander in chief. Just waiting patiently for 4/12....oh wait.

Have a few projects that keep me busy. I have an old Harley I am working on and a Studebaker (63 Avanti, rough but restorable) waiting for my attention.

Sell the Team, HAL!