Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 610 of 627 FirstFirst ... 110510560600608609610611612620 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 9393
    I appreciate her support for Bernie. I just dont think it was the time or place. Biden had all but sealed the nomination. It was merely a formality. Support him. Dont give off the impression that Biden won and this is the best we have. The Democrats need as much unity as they can get.

No, what I think is Pelosi not wearing a mask emboldens Trumps base. It furthers this impression that Trump is right about the coronavirus and that's it's not a big deal when it clearly is. Pelosi falls into that age bracket of people where the coronavirus is especially dangerous. She should use her head when she is in public.

Just dont give the Republicans any ammunition imo. Let Trump sink himself.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-12-2020 at 11:53 PM.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...mpression=true

Not surprising Trump officials are interfering with CDC reports on coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I appreciate her support for Bernie. I just dont think it was the time or place. Biden had all but sealed the nomination. It was merely a formality. Support him. Dont give off the impression that Biden won and this is the best we have. The Democrats need as much unity as they can get.

No, what I think is Pelosi not wearing a mask emboldens Trumps base. It furthers this impression that Trump is right about the coronavirus and that's it's not a big deal when it clearly is. Pelosi falls into that age bracket of people where the coronavirus is especially dangerous. She should use her head when she is in public.

Just dont give the Republicans any ammunition imo. Let Trump sink himself.
    https://www.motherjones.com/2020-ele...dnc-symbolism/

No, person sincerely on the fence will be swayed by Pelosi or by what happened at the DNC. But anyway have a great week at work. Mines in starting in a few, ughhh.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    https://www.motherjones.com/2020-ele...dnc-symbolism/

No, person sincerely on the fence will be swayed by Pelosi or by what happened at the DNC. But anyway have a great week at work. Mines in starting in a few, ughhh.
    Yeah, likewise. I am just glad to be back at work. Just started 3 weeks ago after 5 months of nothing.

I just want the Democrats to be on the same page. The only good thing here is that Trump continues to bury himself because he cant stop listening to himself talk. It's the same reason why he continues to hold rallies in spite of the virus.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The Democrats are ****ing idiots.
    Trump supporters are knocking on doors and Biden is in his basement. Once again , the Dems overestimate their popularity and support, as Trump works his arse off to get every vote he can.

I think we have 4 more years and that is solely on the shoulders of the old school democratic guard like Pelosi, who have lost contact with the public.

Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Trump supporters are knocking on doors and Biden is in his basement. Once again , the Dems overestimate their popularity and support, as Trump works his arse off to get every vote he can.

I think we have 4 more years and that is solely on the shoulders of the old school democratic guard like Pelosi, who have lost contact with the public.

Biden is not in a basement and nor is he exhibiting signs of dementia. He is speaking Clearly and firmly and making appearances. Just not Trump style rallies. But yes, prepare for the worst hope for the best, and doing what you can to help.

Not a fair description clown. Yes Trump has a very good field operation. But he is throwing caution to the wind and really putting people's lives at risk by the continued effort of "face to face" campaigning.

D's are working. They are organized. Biden's team just takes a more cautious approach. His gatherings are smaller and his field operation is a grassroots effort focused more online, rather than knocking on doors during a pandemic, D's are relying on phone contacts, community organizations and more traditional political strategy. Biden has the same number of paid staffers as Trump. He has recently raised more money than Trump.

The recent change in R's strategy was actually one stolen from Obama. (Trump would never admit it.) The GOP's new ground-game strategy uses data to drive even the most mundane decisions, a rededication to old, tried-and-true practices like knocking on doors and calling up voters directly. So in essence what the D's forgot about grassroots, field level campaigning the R's have recently discovered.

"Groundbreakers," the 2015 book by former Obama field operatives that outlines how the Democrats won two straight presidential elections, required reading for nearly every Trump Victory field staffer.

Before you hand this over to Trump as a sure thing, what happened in the 2018 midterms? Imo voters spoke. I believe that anger and resentment has only grown and festered!

Oh btw. Imo Trump has made a huge tactical error demonizing mail in voting. That sword cuts both ways. His NC polling data reveals it's hurting him bigly in the state. His field operation is unable to message positively because he has already under cut his own team by going negative.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Doc, I hope you are right and I am very wrong. If Biden wins, I will post the biggest, "I was so wrong" post ever!
    It''ll be yuge, You're gonna a love it you'll see.

Ignorance is bliss

Doc, I hope you are right and I am very wrong. If Biden wins, I will post the biggest, "I was so wrong" post ever!
    It''ll be yuge, You're gonna a love it you'll see.
    I'm also hoping, whistling past the graveyard.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Biden is out there. I give him credit. No, he's not holding rallies like our dumb *** president but he's been going to battleground states.

Bernie Sanders said in an interview today that this election is no slam dunk and I think he is a 100% right. Biden seems to have increased his lead since the Woodward story came out but people have short term memories.

Just let Trump keep talking. He is his own biggest obstacle.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-13-2020 at 07:23 PM.

BLM and Pro Sports do not mix.

I want to watch sports and do not want hear about any damn political issues during the broadcasts.

I quit watching the NBA and will do the same with the NFL.

The NBA’s ratings have been horrible because of the constant talk.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-14-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

I want to watch sports and do not want hear about any damn political issues during the broadcasts.

NBA's rating have been down like all sports because it's all out of synch

You may as well, quit watching all sports. Until the black community on the whole feels some level of change, it's going to happen.
    The employees are too high profile to tell them to stop. So owners ca get on board or sell their teams. I don't think they can be punitive anymore without serious backlash.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Baseball has the lowest participation of African American Athletes as compared to the NBA or NFL. You may get your wish. However, should the MLB get more political you won’t stop watching. Did you stop watching when the play off format was expanded ? You have not stopped watching the NFL or NBA, I bet too. But I am glad you have the moral backbone to hold the line on such an important issue, if you do, haha.

NBA's rating have been down like all sports because it's all out of synch

You may as well, quit watching all sports. Until the black community on the whole feels some level of change, it's going to happen.
    The employees are too high profile to tell them to stop. So owners ca get on board or sell their teams. I don't think they can be punitive anymore without serious backlash.
    I completely disagree Coown!

Sports is sports! Keep the politics out of it!

And you are wrong about the ratings.

People are getting tired of it with regards to sports.

I have no issue if they go on a news program and talk all they want about BLM. But I don’t want my viewing interrupted with politics interjected during the broadcasts.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Does Knocking on doors help .? Our friends at the Kingdom Hall knocks on doors, doesn’t make me want to read the watch tower. But I guess they have a similar demographic.