Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 609 of 627 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 9393
  1. #9121
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Trump doesn't give a **** about anything besides getting re-elected. He doesn't care about exposing his followers to the virus or continually telling lie after lie. Not of that matters. Its solely about winning at any cost.

    Democrats better hope the turnout is good and that the mail in balloting is not an issue (it will be) because Republicans voters who want Trump to be president will be out in full force come November 3rd.
    Maybe those Republicans will but many people not feeling Trump may not vote at all. Its the deomccratic voter who has to get their woke ***** up.

  2. #9122
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,217
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Maybe those Republicans will but many people not feeling Trump may not vote at all. Its the deomccratic voter who has to get their woke ***** up.
    That's the only things the Democrats can hang their hat on. That we see a good turn out and that enough Republican voters are turned off by Trumps behavior. I am not a 100% sold on either though.

    We will see.

  3. #9123
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's the only things the Democrats can hang their hat on. That we see a good turn out and that enough Republican voters are turned off by Trumps behavior. I am not a 100% sold on either though.

    We will see.
    If your saying Democrats have no reason to be enthusiastically supporting their platform and their ticket I strongly disagree. Itís just so easy to run againgnst a terrible incumbent, who is corrupt and irresponsible to say the least. But if that is your contention that the Dems having nothing of value other then being Trump, I think I canít disagree with you more. If that was not your point, then my point stands for others who may feel that. I personally feel Trump will be re-elected. Incumbency has an inherent advantage and Trump exploiting every advantage he can unethically use, makes it even harder to overcome. That is why the opposition needs all the help they can get.

  4. #9124
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,217
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    If your saying Democrats have no reason to be enthusiastically supporting their platform and their ticket I strongly disagree. Itís just so easy to run againgnst a terrible incumbent, who is corrupt and irresponsible to say the least. But if that is your contention that the Dems having nothing of value other then being Trump, I think I canít disagree with you more. If that was not your point, then my point stands for others who may feel that. I personally feel Trump will be re-elected. Incumbency has an inherent advantage and Trump exploiting every advantage he can unethically use, makes it even harder to overcome. That is why the opposition needs all the help they can get.
    My contention is Biden doesnt fire up Democratic voters. You have AOC (a very prominent figure among Dems) at the Democratic convention talking about her support for Bernie Sanders while they are about to nominate Joe Biden. The Democratic party is fragmented. There is more anti Trump sentiment imo than there is undivided support for Biden.

    What helps the Democrats is Trump's ineptitude, mouth, bigotry, etc and that Trump is seeing resistance from a % of Republican voters. Is that enough for Biden? We will find out on Election day
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-12-2020 at 05:52 PM.

  5. #9125
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    My contention is Biden doesnt fire up Democratic voters. You have AOC (a very prominent figure among Dems) at the Democratic convention talking about her support for Bernie Sanders while they are about to nominate Joe Biden. The Democratic party is fragmented. There is more anti Trump sentiment imo than there is undivided support for Biden.

    What helps the Democrats is Trump's ineptitude, mouth, bigotry, etc and that Trump is seeing resistance from a % of Republican voters. Is that enough for Biden? We will find out on Election day
    Those pro AOC folks never even vote. But I think most Democrats do like Biden. The Dems are a bigger tent.

  6. #9126
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,217
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Those pro AOC folks never even vote. But I think most Democrats do like Biden. The Dems are a bigger tent.
    It's just stupid for her to be out there endorsing another candidate when Biden is representing your party. I get she wants a more progressive candidate but Bernie lost. I hope most Democratic voters come out to vote, especially in swing states. Gives Biden a better chance.

  7. #9127
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,767
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Those pro AOC folks never even vote.
    Sounds like a phony, blanket statement that you have no proof of.

  8. #9128
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds like a phony, blanket statement that you have no proof of.
    Then prove me wrong. I know that when listening to WBAI Pacifica radio at times I have heard so many callers state they canít vote for Biden and anyone else since they donít see the point. If you listen to Podcasts by Michael Moore and other progressives, they constantly make the argument to the AOC crowd to come out and vote. Also remember the Green Party voters who voted for Jill Stein , same category of voter too pure to vote for a non progressive like Bernie. Those voters in swing states may have lost the election for Clinton. And these voters tend to be young voters and we know young Americans donít vote as compared to older voters.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-12-2020 at 07:44 PM.

  9. #9129
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's just stupid for her to be out there endorsing another candidate when Biden is representing your party. I get she wants a more progressive candidate but Bernie lost. I hope most Democratic voters come out to vote, especially in swing states. Gives Biden a better chance.
    AOC by the way at the DNC was representing the wing of the party that did support Sanders, and did so procedurally, but she supports Biden. I could be wrong. She represents a district, that is a block away from me. The area she represents is in my neighborhood, but does not include my area. The Dems are a bigger party. More voices and that is a good thing.

  10. #9130
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,767
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Then prove me wrong. I know that when listening to WBAI Pacifica radio at times I have heard so many callers state they canít vote for Biden and anyone else since they donít see the point. If you listen to Podcasts by Michael Moore and other progressives, they constantly make the argument to the AOC crowd to come out and vote. Also remember the Green Party voters who voted for Jill Stein , same category of voter too pure to vote for a non progressive like Bernie. Those voters in swing states may have lost the election for Clinton.
    That's not how it works. You made the statement, it's your job to back it up (and no, what you've shared in this post isn't what anyone would consider legitimate evidence).

  11. #9131
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That's not how it works. You made the statement, it's your job to back it up (and no, what you've shared in this post isn't what anyone would consider legitimate evidence).
    Donít inconvenience me Spliff. You may feel I am generalizing, so be it. If you show me the error of my ways I will admit it. However, constantly Dems worry about getting the Bernie voter to show up, to get the young voter to show up. Case in point, in NYC in the Bronx, where I live, despite all the efforts by Dems to get people to friggin fill out the census the completion rate is like 40 percent. I am not convinced this progressive end of the party is a group that can be counted on. That is exactly why the party tapped a moderate ticket of Biden and Harris.

  12. #9132
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,217
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    AOC by the way at the DNC was representing the wing of the party that did support Sanders, and did so procedurally, but she supports Biden. I could be wrong. She represents a district, that is a block away from me. The area she represents is in my neighborhood, but does not include my area. The Dems are a bigger party. More voices and that is a good thing.
    She shouldnt be talking about Sanders at all in the middle of nominating another candidate. Its divisive and short sighted. She can further her agenda at another time. If the motif is to beat Trump, stay united or at least appear so to voters.

    Pelosi is brain dead too sometimes. Why give the Republican party any fodder? Wear the mask when you are in public places at all times.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-12-2020 at 08:04 PM.

  13. #9133
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    [QUOTE=metswon69;33593322]She shouldnt be talking about Sanders at all in the middle of nominating another candidate. Its divisive and short sighted. She can further her agenda at another time. If the motif is to beat Trump, stay united or at least appear so to voters.

    Pelosi is brain dead too sometimes. Why give the Republican party any fodder? Wear the mask when you are in public places at all times.[/https://nationalpost.com/news/world/why-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-endorsed-bernie-sanders-for-president-at-the-democratic-convention. Also itís time people stop making the Dems have a higher threshold then they allow Republicans to have. Dems like Pelososi get attacked for not wearing a mask while getting her hair done ? Come on, thatís crazy. You think that makes a difference in determining whether a sane person votes for Biden. Not you, just saying. The Dems are supposed to be the Yankees playing the Astros using all their cheating, time for the Dems to cut that crap out. Fight dirty when called for cause the Republicans have no shame to their cheating game.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-12-2020 at 08:28 PM.

  14. #9134
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,230
    For clarity sake, it wasn't an endorsement. As part of standard DNC protocol AOC nominated Sen. Bernie Sanders for the Democratic ticket, a routine move that happens for any candidate who reaches a specific threshold of delegates.

    Because Sanders won more than 300 delegates, he was eligible to be formally nominated for the Democratic ticket. For his two nominators, Sanders requested former United Auto Workers union president Bob King and Ocasio-Cortez. However, the symbolism inherent in the 90 sec speech is not lost on me.

    Bernie and his team need to get behind the party nominee and work hard to get Biden elected. Bernie has /had a vast and well organized field operation and well coordinated ground game. He needs to rally those troops in a massive get out the vote effort. As I have mentioned several times in past, Bernie bros stayed home and help sink Hillary's bid.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin




  15. #9135
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    For clarity sake, it wasn't an endorsement. As part of standard DNC protocol AOC nominated Sen. Bernie Sanders for the Democratic ticket, a routine move that happens for any candidate who reaches a specific threshold of delegates.

    Because Sanders won more than 300 delegates, he was eligible to be formally nominated for the Democratic ticket. For his two nominators, Sanders requested former United Auto Workers union president Bob King and Ocasio-Cortez. However, the symbolism inherent in the 90 sec speech is not lost on me.

    Bernie and his team need to get behind the party nominee and work hard to get Biden elected. Bernie has /had a vast and well organized field operation and well coordinated ground game. He needs to rally those troops in a massive get out the vote effort. As I have mentioned several times in past, Bernie bros stayed home and help sink Hillary's bid.
    Thanks, your more elegant then I am. I like AOC, donít always agree with her, but I like her and respect her. She has been attacked by Fox since she won a primary cause they are looking for a new demon to scare their base with and she is a Latina who is well spoken, all the more reason to dehumanize her. However, her base, while having many engaged active supporters, also represent many people too ď Pure to dirty their hands ď. These potential voters often donít even show up. Itís all talk. They are so smart they see that Biden and Trump are identical in all real matters and they donít even bother to vote.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •