Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 603 of 627 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603604605613 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 9393
  1. #9031
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Keep continuing your blanket statement . You are only hurting yourself
    Hahahahaha. Cant stop can you.

  2. #9032
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Hahahahaha. Cant stop can you.
    How about this I will stop posting in this thread for 24hrs when You stop with the blanket statements

  3. #9033
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,155
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Again you waffle unlike a conservative. You said you blame Trump, then I show where money was made, then you say you have no one to blame but yourself, then back to blaming Trump.

    You're a CINO (conservative in name only), yes?
    Or unlike your implied definition of conservatives, he has the intellect and good sense to understand when he should change his mind or at least consider it.
    Refusing to change your mind and refusing to change direction because of towing a party line and being proud of it, because you feel like you are upholding some programed belief, is about the most ignorant and stupid thing a person can do.

    Change is good. Change happens.
    Criticizing or categorizing someone for changing their mind or stance because of new info or simply a new view, is arrogant, myopic and idiotic.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #9034
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,244
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Stop before you dig the hole so deep you can't hear folks anymore. The lawsuit happened while he is President. Not before.

    As always, plenty real stuff to attack the President without having to allow your hatred to blur reality.
    Deflect and deny. Did FOX offer a similar argument? You know damn well the point I was intending The defamation suit did occur after the fact. However it begs the question why is the DOJ coming to his defense? Optics are horrid. Has the US AG become his private attorney? The DOJ his personal legal team? You see Brett it isn't hatred that blurs reality, I just refuse to wear rose colored glasses. I don't excuse aberrant behavior well beneath the dignity the office deserves. The man is an embarrassment.

    Carroll’s lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, said in a statement that she would fight the Justice Department filing. The government’s claim that Trump was acting in his official capacity as president “when he lied about sexually assaulting our client, explaining that she ‘wasn’t his type,’” is “shocking,” Kaplan said.

    Kaplan said the Justice Department move came on the deadline for Trump to appeal the state-court judge’s ruling requiring him to provide evidence. “Trump’s effort to wield the power of the U.S. government to evade responsibility for his private misconduct is without precedent, and shows even more starkly how far he is willing to go to prevent the truth from coming out,” Kaplan said.

    If approved by a judge, the responsibility for defending the case and paying any judgment would fall on the U.S. government. The case is Carroll v. United States, 20-cv-07311, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan).

    Weak and transparent attempt to once again avert the rule of law.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arroll-lawsuit
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  5. #9035
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,244
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Stop before you dig the hole so deep you can't hear folks anymore. The lawsuit happened while he is President. Not before.

    As always, plenty real stuff to attack the President without having to allow your hatred to blur reality.
    Just for clarity sake, the part of my post you failed to quote suggestin I am not alone in questioning the timing and judgement of the DOJ decision:

    Legal analyst Elie Honig agrees, calling the move "a wild stretch by DOJ."

    "I can't remotely conceive how DOJ can argue with a straight face that it is somehow within the official duties of the President to deny a claim that he committed sexual assault years before he took office," Honig said.
    The Justice Department and Attorney General William Barr are already under fire for actions that appear to benefit Trump's political standing.

    This is very much consistent with Barr's well-established pattern of distorting fact and law to protect Trump and his allies: the Mueller report, Ukraine, Stone, Flynn, firing of the SDNY US Attorney and, more recently, baseless claims about widespread mail-in ballot fraud. All lies and fabrication Brett?

    You have proven yourself to be nothing but a Trump sycophant. As such you are blind to truth and deaf to any argument that runs counter to your obsequious devotion to the orange dotard.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/opini...nig/index.html

    bolded emphasis added.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  6. #9036
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How about this I will stop posting in this thread for 24hrs when You stop with the blanket statements
    If you and Brett can, I will leave the forum.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-09-2020 at 04:20 PM.

  7. #9037
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Or unlike your implied definition of conservatives, he has the intellect and good sense to understand when he should change his mind or at least consider it.
    Refusing to change your mind and refusing to change direction because of towing a party line and being proud of it, because you feel like you are upholding some programed belief, is about the most ignorant and stupid thing a person can do.

    Change is good. Change happens.
    Criticizing or categorizing someone for changing their mind or stance because of new info or simply a new view, is arrogant, myopic and idiotic.
    Both Posada and Brett are so insecure in their beliefs that a person like me who leaves is a major threat. In religious cults what is the first thing the members do to people who leave their organization ? They slander and insult them. If they are not the same actual person, they sure have swallowed the same indoctrination. I am a former Trump voter strident and clearly opposed. They must revile me and I must laugh.

  8. #9038
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,822
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    They are the same person.
    This is a dumb argument to continue on with but I'll go along with it and say: no, they're absolutely not.

    You tried this same thing with Mush and Posada too. I'm not saying it's impossible that 2 or 3 of the posters in question are actually the same person but their writing style clearly shows otherwise.

  9. #9039
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This is a dumb argument to continue on with but I'll go along with it and say: no, they're absolutely not.

    You tried this same thing with Mush and Posada too. I'm not saying it's impossible that 2 or 3 of the posters in question are actually the same person but their writing style clearly shows otherwise.
    Ok. Your right.

  10. #9040
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,822
    Stick to bashing their mindless arguments instead of trying to play detective on someone potentially having a dupe account.

  11. #9041
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,179
    If you can watch this and still think Trump is legit doing a good job then......

    https://www.facebook.com/CNNReplay/v...Al0A9edDYAJvbB

  12. #9042
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Stick to bashing their mindless arguments instead of trying to play detective on someone potentially having a dupe account.
    Your right. Point taken.

  13. #9043
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,220
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    If you can watch this and still think Trump is legit doing a good job then......

    https://www.facebook.com/CNNReplay/v...Al0A9edDYAJvbB
    His hardcore supporters are not interested in facts. Everything the president says is gospel and objective data is "fake news".

  14. #9044
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,179
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    His hardcore supporters are not interested in facts. Everything the president says is gospel and objective data is "fake news".
    Even when he's captured on both video and audio?

    That's some next level blinders they're wearing.

  15. #9045
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,220
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Even when he's captured on both video and audio?

    That's some next level blinders they're wearing.
    They will excuse that too sadly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •