Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 627 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    My feeling is this. I don't think our response as a nation has been great. I think states have done a solid job.

The virus sucks and is horrible in itself but there will be much good and already has been that have come and will come because of this.
    People helping older neighbors by shopping for them and wiping down everything before leaving at their door.
    People helping older neighbors with small tasks that don't require contact
    People around the world working together to find a cure/treatment/vaccine.

People being forced to slow down and spend time with those close to them. People getting time with their kids they would never have had the chance to have. People working from home effectively, showing many companies that employees may be able to work more frequently from home, thus in the future, potentially cutting their office costs and cutting pollution from commutes.
    The pet shelters in NYC have fostered almost all of their animals because people learned the shelters. may have to close leading to a mass disposal of unwanted pets.

This virus is horrible. There is no way around that fact but there is a great deal of amazing and positive things going on because of it.
    I agree, and wish I could do more. I really don't see this ending soon with reports of people catching it a second time. I am in great health but I have asthma and I catch everything that comes around. I think this will bring out the best of people and we will eventually overcome it.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Listening to the guy who was on the team regarding H1N1 and SARS. They developed the system that was supposed to be used.

He said first and foremost, the number one thing on the list was "Tell the truth". He said that was by far the most important aspect, to warn the public of the seriousness. That was the number one priority.
    He said the second was physical distance.
    Third, compliance.

Trump was not and still has not been honest. His words have nothing to do with Obama, Pelosi, Shumer, DeBlasio, Cuomo... They have to do with him. None of those people control his words.
    Nothing that Obama did or didn't do affect Trump's ability to be honest. Nothing.

Trump has not been honest. Being honest would mean saying, "we don't have enough tests right now but we will get them". "We don't have the ventilators but we will get them"... Instead, "we will be back to normal by easter." "We have all the tests we need"

His political party means nothing. He has not been honest.

Ignorance is bliss

I wonder if it's still the just the virus or if it's a combo of that and "enemies of the state" who can be discreetly disposed.
    It is probably all of the above.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    I agree, and wish I could do more. I really don't see this ending soon with reports of people catching it a second time. I am in great health but I have asthma and I catch everything that comes around. I think this will bring out the best of people and we will eventually overcome it.
    My neighbor is actually a Dr working on the response team for Boston. He is surprisingly optimistic.

One really cool thing we discussed yesterday was, why certain people get it so badly while others don't
    He was saying that he thought as in wondered, if people who are exposed to low levels of it, like -you go to the store and touch something that an infected person touched and then wipe your eye. That type of thing. Those people may actually fight off the virus right away and build immunity. It was a hypothesis, so nothing concrete but I thought it was cool and makes sense.
    He also said the most severe cases seem to be from droplets. So really close contact.

I feel terribly for NYC. I lived there for 25 years and thankfully moved last April. I hope the rest of the country is using them as an example.

You are doing enough for this country. Protect yourself from this **** so you can continue to do so.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I find it pathetic any State or local Gov questions their own States responses to this virus....

It all goes to YOU! Look in the mirror! YOU ARE ONES WHO CAN PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS.

Follow the damn guidelines! Take it serious and quit going out and buying things you already stockpiled for 6 months in the past 2 weeks of panic.....

This is Chinaís fault and we now have to clean up their freaking mess. We offered help and they said a flat out NO! If you are going to finger point do it to that Country and THEIR COVERUP RESPONSE!

Meanwhile, stay home, stay 6 feet apart and if you need more Doritos, I still canít believe the chip aisle is empty too, really, follow the guidelines...

People on here act like there is nothing out there guiding the public....

The simple guidelines will HELP.

As for as ventilators and hospital beds?

Really? Why didnít Obama have these important materials ready when he was President?

Huh Dr and Clown?

Obama didnít have these materials on order or stockpiled in some storage unit....

You guys crack me up with the finger pointing. Hell, why didn't Bill Clinton have all of this ready back in 1995?

A damn movie came out called OUTBREAK with Dustin Hoffman...

It was telling us back in 1995!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Why didnít he get us better prepared for the future?

Finger point at China for Christ sakes!

Some of you all say this was Trumpís fault.

I get you have to blame the leader of the Country but do you get my point?

Cherry picking NOW is even more ridiculous! The BLAME for OUR COUNTRY should go to FORMER PRESIDENTS!

We had Presidents before him and WHAT DID THEY DO FOR A POSSIBLE PANDEMIC?

Answer that?
    Nicky I have responded to this several times earlier. NO president could have been prepared in terms of equipment and material need. However our response was late and less than optimal. Again, as I have said several times....his transition team was briefed, he was left a manual on response, he ignored it. Time lost in denial could have been better spent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/u...-pandemic.html

Clown I read something similar recently. Viral load, response and immunity as factors in the severity. I will try to locate the article and post it.

Got it: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...196-1/fulltext

Also see: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...-severity.html
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-29-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They were wrong too. That said, they've realized the error of their ways and have changed their stances. Our president went from thinking this was overblown as a way to stop his re-election, to thinking he's a doing a great job handling this (he's not), to telling people that they should be able to resume their normal lives and jobs after Easter (when they shouldn't and in some cases can't because those jobs are gone).

Keep defending this moron.
    Why didnít any former President take any precautionary measures to possible pandemic outbreaks?

Hell, we had a movie about this in 1995 during Bill Clintonís time.

What about those moron Presidents?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because that one man is supposed to lead by example and he should be lock step with the overwhelmingly consistent medical advice that is out there. Instead, he's lying and giving misinformation to American people.

What is so hard to understand about that?

So easy NOW to cherry pick him.

PLEASE SAVE IT PAL...Bill Clinton, Bush, Obama would have failed as well.......

You had the examples back in Dec with China.....people knew then it was coming.....too much traveling caused it...it only takes ONE person to start the spread....

Why didnít Obama have us better prepared? He failed too.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

It all goes to YOU! Look in the mirror! YOU ARE ONES WHO CAN PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS.

Mush, can we go back in time? No. Should we have been more prepared? Yes. That has to do with Obama, Bush., Clinton, Bush. All of them fell short. No one was prepared.

But since we don't have a time machine, it is the present moment. The president of this country is responsible for this. I do not fault him for the lack of equipment. I fault him for not following a plan that had been laid out based on SARS, MERS and Ebola. I fault him for misleading the people of this country.
    I fault him for not saying "The buck stops here". I fault him for saying he has no fault.

I fault him for. his behavior, lack of action and words in a crisis. All of this things are under his control and have nothing to do with any otters human but himself.
    Again, if China warned the world we wouldnít be this bad....CONTAINMENT? Hello?

I realize it is here, it is Everywhere in the world..

You are telling me with a lot of the talk in Dec and Jan, oh wait, I forgot, people were more concerned with IMPEACHMENT, that people didnít know what was going on in China?

The Mainstream media had two stories. In Dec and Jan, 45 min of IMPEACHMENT and 15 min of CORONVIRUS in China......

Other priorities........hmmmmmmmmm
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

My neighbor is actually a Dr working on the response team for Boston. He is surprisingly optimistic.

One really cool thing we discussed yesterday was, why certain people get it so badly while others don't
    He was saying that he thought as in wondered, if people who are exposed to low levels of it, like -you go to the store and touch something that an infected person touched and then wipe your eye. That type of thing. Those people may actually fight off the virus right away and build immunity. It was a hypothesis, so nothing concrete but I thought it was cool and makes sense.
    He also said the most severe cases seem to be from droplets. So really close contact.

I feel terribly for NYC. I lived there for 25 years and thankfully moved last April. I hope the rest of the country is using them as an example.

You are doing enough for this country. Protect yourself from this **** so you can continue to do so.
    Hmmm...This does make sense. I was in New York the year that they closed down the old stadium I believe it was 2008. The amount of people blew me away. I was in awe of my surroundings while walking downtown and more so when I took in a couple of games against the Red Sox. I typically don't socialize or get near people, but there is no way of creating a bubble there. From my experience India the Middle East and Most of Asia it is nuts to butts everywhere. You go home at night wondering if you have been violated. New York has nothing on them when it comes to walking down the sidewalks.

Why didnít any former President take any precautionary measures to possible pandemic outbreaks?

Hell, we had a movie about this in 1995 during Bill Clintonís time.

What about those moron Presidents?
    NICK STOP WITH THIS INCESSANT FALSE NARRATIVE! Precautionary you ask? The Obama team met with 30 transition team members, they left a ****in manual! A ****in road map on exactly what the most critical and appropriate response should be! I'm done.

The false narrative is that trump had aĒmanualĒ or ďroad mapĒ to get through this .

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    NICK STOP WITH THIS INCESSANT FALSE NARRATIVE! Precautionary you ask? The Obama team met with 30 transition team members, they left a ****in manual! A ****in road map on exactly what the most critical and appropriate response should be! I'm done.
    There's no point in contuing to try lol. Mush and Jorge aren't going to agree with anything other than "Trump has handled this 100% perfectly."

Listening to the guy who was on the team regarding H1N1 and SARS. They developed the system that was supposed to be used.

He said first and foremost, the number one thing on the list was "Tell the truth". He said that was by far the most important aspect, to warn the public of the seriousness. That was the number one priority.
    He said the second was physical distance.
    Third, compliance.

Trump was not and still has not been honest. His words have nothing to do with Obama, Pelosi, Shumer, DeBlasio, Cuomo... They have to do with him. None of those people control his words.
    Nothing that Obama did or didn't do affect Trump's ability to be honest. Nothing.

Trump has not been honest. Being honest would mean saying, "we don't have enough tests right now but we will get them". "We don't have the ventilators but we will get them"... Instead, "we will be back to normal by easter." "We have all the tests we need"

His political party means nothing. He has not been honest.

Come on Clown. You act like Trump is the only President who wasnít HONEST. it is easy to be a little Selective, huh?

All Gov throughout the world are probably being dishonest to their citizens, this is a new crisis that is like never before.right now it is so easy to blame Trump.

Again, China caused this World Crisis..

If this ORIGINATED IN THE US I could only imagine how the reaction would be.....

I find it ridiculous that people on here say nothing about accountability with China.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place