Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 589 of 627 FirstFirst ... 89489539579587588589590591599 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 9393
  1. #8821
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What about her e-mails!
    Don’t forget Nancy Pelosi and AOC. Don’t forget Benghazi. But no mention of Russian Bounties and desertion of the Kurds and NATO. Oh, but “ lock her up “. Plus Kudlow saying Covid is over. That is cherry picking...

  2. #8822
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,591
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And how can anyone even use numbers that were CAUSED BY a purposely shutdown as part of their argument for jobs being lossed?

    Using economic numbers after March-Aug is utterly ridiculous.

    So you think the economy would have continued as is, with a raging pandemic killing ppl or making them sick? Meat packing plants have had to shut down because hundreds of their workers got sick, LOL

  3. #8823
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,657
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Don’t forget Nancy Pelosi and AOC. Don’t forget Benghazi. But no mention of Russian Bounties and desertion of the Kurds and NATO. Oh, but “ lock her up “. Plus Kudlow saying Covid is over. That is cherry picking...
    Easy to say COVID is over when the CDC is folding to political pressure. They are openly advocating not testing a-symptomatic people. Not to mention, their director Robert Redfield said last month in an interview wih ABC that there have been issues with the federal response and that the US was slow in recognizing the coronavirus threat from Europe.

    Trump criticized two chiefs of staff he appointed for not being loyal enough during the pandemic. Both of which re-signed the other day.

    Meanwhile you still had 45,000 new cases in the US yesterday. Its not going away and it will only be complicated by a flu season that is on the horizon and all these kids going back to school. We've already seen numerous cases in schools and college campuses that have opened.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-30-2020 at 02:05 AM.

  4. #8824
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    So you think the economy would have continued as is, with a raging pandemic killing ppl or making them sick? Meat packing plants have had to shut down because hundreds of their workers got sick, LOL
    When people live in Right wing echo chambers it’s easy for them to believe events exist in vacuum space. But this is the same guy who says who ever is in office doesn’t effect his life at all. But the President who does not affect his life makes him lots of money. Which is exactly what the right wing echo chamber tells him.

  5. #8825
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Easy to say COVID is over when the CDC is folding to political pressure. They are openly advocating not testing a-symptomatic people. Not to mention, their director Robert Redfield said last month in an interview wih ABC that there have been issues with the federal response and that the US was slow in recognizing the coronavirus threat from Europe.

    Trump criticized two chiefs of staff he appointed for not being loyal enough during the pandemic. Both of which re-signed the other day.

    Meanwhile you still had 45,000 new cases in the US yesterday. Its not going away and it will only be complicated by a flu season that is on the horizon and all these kids going back to school. We've already seen numerous cases in schools and college campuses that have opened.
    But Trump promised a vaccine is on the way. I tell you, I am not one of those anti vaccine people, but I m not taking anything rushed to us by Trump University.

  6. #8826
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,657
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    But Trump promised a vaccine is on the way. I tell you, I am not one of those anti vaccine people, but I m not taking anything rushed to us by Trump University.
    He also promised it will go away on its own. Its not the least bit coincidental that testing isn't be advocated like it used to be. More of that Trump thinking that testing is the problem, hence why that pressure is coming down to the CDC to recommend things that in good conscience they wouldn't otherwise.

    The fact is the stock market is not reflective of the economy as a whole either. Yeah its great that the S&P, Dow and Nasdaq are doing well but you still have a 10% unemployment rate and millions of people that are seeing significantly less to no unemployment benefits. Good luck believing that will have no effect on the GDP's and private industry's bottom line over the next few months.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-30-2020 at 09:45 AM.

  7. #8827
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He also promised it will go away on its own. Its not the least bit coincidental that testing isn't be advocated like it used to be. More of that Trump thinking that testing is the problem, hence why that pressure is coming down to the CDC to recommend things that in good conscience they wouldn't otherwise.

    The fact is the stock market is not reflective of the economy as a whole either. Yeah its great that the S&P, Dow and Nasdaq are doing well but you still have a 10% unemployment rate and millions of people that are seeing significantly less to no unemployment benefits. Good luck believing that will have no effect on the GDP's and private industry's bottom line over the next few months.
    Precisely. He's hoping for a savior. He's playing for a 5 run homer in the bottom of the 9th. He's banking on a vaccine as the savior. He's enlisted, albeit via a bit of arm twisting, the help of the CDC in his quest to advance the ruse.

  8. #8828
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,591
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    When people live in Right wing echo chambers it’s easy for them to believe events exist in vacuum space. But this is the same guy who says who ever is in office doesn’t effect his life at all. But the President who does not affect his life makes him lots of money. Which is exactly what the right wing echo chamber tells him.
    It's their safe space. Nothing bad can happen inside of it. It's where they can deny facts and science, and where conspiracy theories are king.


    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    But Trump promised a vaccine is on the way. I tell you, I am not one of those anti vaccine people, but I m not taking anything rushed to us by Trump University.
    Maybe he and Putin are making a backroom deal for the russian vaccine. You know how much he loves Pooty.

  9. #8829
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It's their safe space. Nothing bad can happen inside of it. It's where they can deny facts and science, and where conspiracy theories are king.




    Maybe he and Putin are making a backroom deal for the russian vaccine. You know how much he loves Pooty.
    I don't even like speculating, but I could envision a "wag the dog" scenario involving Iraq / Russia, however could be any number of places, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia or Yemen. Saw video recently where Russian fighters harassed US bombers over international air space, came within 100 yards on a very high risk maneuver in which the fighter crossed directly in front of the bomber several times! Trump is desperate, he expected a much better boost in polls following the RNC, didn't get it. Watch for it, I fear it's coming. He wants to rally the troops and wrap himself in the flag. Hope I'm wrong.

  10. #8830
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,062
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I don't even like speculating, but I could envision a "wag the dog" scenario involving Iraq / Russia, however could be any number of places, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia or Yemen. Saw video recently where Russian fighters harassed US bombers over international air space, came within 100 yards on a very high risk maneuver in which the fighter crossed directly in front of the bomber several times! Trump is desperate, he expected a much better boost in polls following the RNC, didn't get it. Watch for it, I fear it's coming. He wants to rally the troops and wrap himself in the flag. Hope I'm wrong.
    I've been suggesting fo some time, he makes a military move. I don't think it's Russia or anyone that big. Venezuela, Iraq, Iran...

    But he's too stupid to watch his back so anything he does, he will leave us open.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #8831
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,765
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Brett prime example of the behavior I mentioned above. Lies, distortion and alternative facts go unchecked and unchallenged. The longer it goes on the more outlandish the tales become. His base eats it up and the GOP is complicit.

    BUSINESS NEWSAUGUST 27, 2020 / 7:07 AM / UPDATED 5 HOURS AGO
    Trump says he saved 51 million jobs in pandemic. Economists, U.S. officials say otherwise
    Lawrence Delevingne, Chris Prentice, Michelle Price, Jeff Mason

    “Through the historic relief package that I signed into law, we saved over 50 million American jobs,” he said in the Aug. 15 remarks. Referring to his Democratic opponents, he said, “They don’t like these kind of numbers because they think it’ll hurt them in the election.”

    The estimate that the $660 billion taxpayer-funded Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) saved some 51 million jobs has been trumpeted by the Republican Party, its Congressional leadership and the president’s reelection campaign. On Monday, Trump touted it again at a rally west of Charlotte, North Carolina, site of the Republican National Convention.

    However, the PPP likely did not save 51 million jobs, or anywhere close to it, according to Reuters interviews with economists and an analysis of the program’s data. Half a dozen economists put the number of jobs saved by the initiative at only a fraction of 51 million – ranging between one million and 14 million.

    “I don’t think there is an economist who would say that the program has saved 50 million jobs,” said Richard Prisinzano, who was a financial economist at the U.S. Department of the Treasury for 13 years before leaving in 2017. His rough estimate, Prisinzano said, is between five and seven million jobs saved, based on his own adjustments to other researchers’ work at MIT and elsewhere.

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...source=twitter
    You say that there are people that think differently? Really?

    I think everyone knows that the truth is somewhere in the middle. It's not unique to President Trump, the Republicans or anyone else.

  12. #8832
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,765
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Brett, my 401k May drop more then your because I have a larger balance saved,
    And you know this how???? LOL


    How much your balance has makes 100% zero on whether you make money or not. You have $50 and gain 10% you gain 10%. You have 3 million dollars and gain 10% you gain 10%. Both make money. Since election night, money is being made hand over fist.


    I am lucky, I can save the maximum allotted per year and have a 5 percent match from my employer.
    Super nice on that match!

    You know it’s true, the facts are on my side.
    No they are not.

    You live in a world of alternate facts
    Yep, has been since weeks before election night 2016 and the libs keep at it.

    such is the level of your adoration of Trump.
    LOL...Not I. But keep straw-manning away.

    Just do a internet search under “ Trump and 401k “ it’s more bad news then good, and that was pre Covid.
    As I initially stated, anyone that has not made money that is 100% on them and them only.

    But your good at believing what he wants you to believe like his innaugauration was the most attended in history.
    Not sure why you need to side track but you do know they have the internet now and this thing folks use to watch things called live streaming.
    Last edited by brett05; 08-31-2020 at 01:24 PM.

  13. #8833
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,765
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Brett had you or RRZ provided proof I would have joined you on the front lines, I would have recanted everything I have said and joined your squad. That would have been something you could have celebrated and enjoyed, but you didn’t.
    As I noticed you did not post yours.

  14. #8834
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,765
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Easy to say COVID is over when the CDC is folding to political pressure. They are openly advocating not testing a-symptomatic people. Not to mention, their director Robert Redfield said last month in an interview wih ABC that there have been issues with the federal response and that the US was slow in recognizing the coronavirus threat from Europe.

    Trump criticized two chiefs of staff he appointed for not being loyal enough during the pandemic. Both of which re-signed the other day.

    Meanwhile you still had 45,000 new cases in the US yesterday. Its not going away and it will only be complicated by a flu season that is on the horizon and all these kids going back to school. We've already seen numerous cases in schools and college campuses that have opened.
    Sweeden never closed down and they are doing fine.

  15. #8835
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,657
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Sweeden never closed down and they are doing fine.
    Its ridiculous to compare a country of 10 million people to a country with 330 million. We don't know what the testing policies in other countries are either. Brazil ignored the coronavirus for months and now has close to 4 million cases and over a 120 thousand deaths from it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •