Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 587 of 627 FirstFirst ... 87487537577585586587588589597 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 9393
  1. #8791
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    We live in a world of alternative facts. Trump would have us all believe we should deny reality and believe his interpretation.
    Have you watched any of your fellow liberals?

  2. #8792
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,518
    Brett, nice try. I provided an anaylysis on the performance of 401ks over the last few years under Trump and compared to his predecessor. You wanted that evidence which I provided for evidence 401k are not better under Trump. You are alleging evidence to the contrary, which defies my personal experience and my coworkers and wife. So ball is in your court. Its simple back up your very specific claim of making tons of money. Guess what, your not, no surprise here. I am not surprised, lol. Cause you did not. If you dont want to show me, tell us the growth in a specific period and what funds you had them in and we can double check vs performance per fund in that period to see its feasible. Why would I vote againgst a person who is making me money ??? If you show me what you say is right I will vote for Trump. Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-27-2020 at 08:57 AM.

  3. #8793
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,398
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Your figures are cherry picked and I explained why
    Cherry picked? They were the actual S&P and DOW numbers as published by Forbes on 2/29/2020. It was a fair and honest comparison. Market performed well under Trump watch, it just performed better under Obama. Something R's are loathed to acknowledge.

    BTW you explained nothing. Claiming markets fell on Hillary loss explains nothing, other than Trump would be a friend to Wall st. He is ..... at the expense of us all. Environmental regs, safety standards, manufactoring standards, ALL DESIGNED TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC, relaxed or exploited! Good job Donnie. They knew full well those contributions and PAC money was well spent. No question Wall st has a friend in Trump.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-27-2020 at 09:21 AM.

  4. #8794
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Cherry picked? They were the actual S&P and DOW numbers as published by Forbes on 2/29/2020. It was a fair and honest comparison. Market performed well under Trump watch, it just performed better under Obama. Something R's are loathed to acknowledge.

    BTW you explained nothing. Claiming markets fell on Hillary loss explains nothing, other than Trump would be a friend to Wall st. He is ..... at the expense of us all. Environmental regs, safety standards, manufactoring standards, ALL DESIGNED TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC, relaxed or exploited! Good job Donnie. They knew full well those contributions and PAC money was well spent. No question Wall st has a friend in Trump.
    Again, the Trump affect started within 12 hours of the polls closing. That's not President Obama, that's Trump.

    I said the markets tanked when she was the projected winner, it turned around when the pollsters were wrong. Sorry that you misread that.

  5. #8795
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,398
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Again, the Trump affect started within 12 hours of the polls closing. That's not President Obama, that's Trump.

    I said the markets tanked when she was the projected winner, it turned around when the pollsters were wrong. Sorry that you misread that.
    ..... OK the markets tanked in anticipation of a Hillary win and rallied on news the polls got it all wrong. Correct?

    That was NOT the point I was attempting to make. The markets had been doing very well under Obama and like many things Trump takes credit for, he inherited a bull didn't create one. It was a continuation. Similar to the economy he inherited.

  6. #8796
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,263
    Oh Trump definitely inherited a bull
    And used it to create a ton of ****



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #8797
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Oh Trump definitely inherited a bull
    And used it to create a ton of ****
    Touche'

  8. #8798
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ..... OK the markets tanked in anticipation of a Hillary win and rallied on news the polls got it all wrong. Correct?

    That was NOT the point I was attempting to make. The markets had been doing very well under Obama and like many things Trump takes credit for, he inherited a bull didn't create one. It was a continuation. Similar to the economy he inherited.
    you mean the economy that struggled with 3% GDP growth?

    A blanket statement (something almost exclusively credited to the left loving to do) was made that money was not made with President Trump. It's flat out false.

    Everyone (the left) said that the United State Economy would fall, the that the US was finished. All of that was as accurate as the polls calling for a Democratic win in 2016.

  9. #8799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,398
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    you mean the economy that struggled with 3% GDP growth?

    A blanket statement (something almost exclusively credited to the left loving to do) was made that money was not made with President Trump. It's flat out false.

    Everyone (the left) said that the United State Economy would fall, the that the US was finished. All of that was as accurate as the polls calling for a Democratic win in 2016.
    No I am referring to the Trump, 2.5% during his first three years. That's well below the 4% Trump had promised.
    Trump says and promises many things, unfortunately he can't be believed or held to any. In his own words, "I take no responsibility."

    I did not claim money wasn't made during Trump's term, I argued it was just less than under Obama, for which he receives little to no credit.

  10. #8800
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,406

  11. Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No I am referring to the Trump, 2.5% during his first three years. That's well below the 4% Trump had promised.
    Trump says and promises many things, unfortunately he can't be believed or held to any. In his own words, "I take no responsibility."

    I did not claim money wasn't made during Trump's term, I argued it was just less than under Obama, for which he receives little to no credit.
    True, however way ahead of projections.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/...-expectations/

    And you are right you did not, flimflammann did by saying he's lost 50K as has all his co-workers. That's not on the President, that's on him and them. I know of no one that hasn't made lots of money. I also don't know anyone over the age of 30 that doesn't have a retirement fund. (Just saying)
    Last edited by brett05; 08-27-2020 at 02:02 PM.

  12. #8802
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,398
    Brett prime example of the behavior I mentioned above. Lies, distortion and alternative facts go unchecked and unchallenged. The longer it goes on the more outlandish the tales become. His base eats it up and the GOP is complicit.

    BUSINESS NEWSAUGUST 27, 2020 / 7:07 AM / UPDATED 5 HOURS AGO
    Trump says he saved 51 million jobs in pandemic. Economists, U.S. officials say otherwise
    Lawrence Delevingne, Chris Prentice, Michelle Price, Jeff Mason

    “Through the historic relief package that I signed into law, we saved over 50 million American jobs,” he said in the Aug. 15 remarks. Referring to his Democratic opponents, he said, “They don’t like these kind of numbers because they think it’ll hurt them in the election.”

    The estimate that the $660 billion taxpayer-funded Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) saved some 51 million jobs has been trumpeted by the Republican Party, its Congressional leadership and the president’s reelection campaign. On Monday, Trump touted it again at a rally west of Charlotte, North Carolina, site of the Republican National Convention.

    However, the PPP likely did not save 51 million jobs, or anywhere close to it, according to Reuters interviews with economists and an analysis of the program’s data. Half a dozen economists put the number of jobs saved by the initiative at only a fraction of 51 million – ranging between one million and 14 million.

    “I don’t think there is an economist who would say that the program has saved 50 million jobs,” said Richard Prisinzano, who was a financial economist at the U.S. Department of the Treasury for 13 years before leaving in 2017. His rough estimate, Prisinzano said, is between five and seven million jobs saved, based on his own adjustments to other researchers’ work at MIT and elsewhere.

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...source=twitter

  13. #8803
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,664
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Cherry picked? They were the actual S&P and DOW numbers as published by Forbes on 2/29/2020. It was a fair and honest comparison. Market performed well under Trump watch, it just performed better under Obama. Something R's are loathed to acknowledge.

    BTW you explained nothing. Claiming markets fell on Hillary loss explains nothing, other than Trump would be a friend to Wall st. He is ..... at the expense of us all. Environmental regs, safety standards, manufactoring standards, ALL DESIGNED TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC, relaxed or exploited! Good job Donnie. They knew full well those contributions and PAC money was well spent. No question Wall st has a friend in Trump.
    Dr, I’m not risky with my investments. But from 2012-2016 my returns were about 6%....2016-2020 the returns have been 26%. I didn’t even use 2008-2012 because the US was going through a recovery.

    Anybody who invests obviously has different funds, stocks, ect so numbers are always different and it is affected on how risky you invest as well. But the investments during 2016-2020 have been white hot. People do vote with how their investments are going as well. During 2016-2020 people’s 401K’s have been very successful. I’m not saying Obama years were atrocious just saying people who just put in simple monies in their 401K’s made out in the last 4 years compared to the Obama years. And with Biden and his policies your money goes to a crawl.

    I’m not going to debate who more empathetic as that doesn’t make you money. I’m sorry, bills have to be paid and it has been easier under Trump’s watch than under Obama’s.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  14. #8804
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,664
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    We live in a world of alternative facts. Trump would have us all believe we should deny reality and believe his interpretation.

    Covid will magically disappear.

    The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

    The pandemic is getting under control. (July)

    We now have the lowest Fatality (Mortality) Rate in the World.

    Ukraine, interfered in the 2016 election.

    Article II allows me to do whatever I want.

    Complete and total exoneration in Mueller probe.

    Windmills cause cancer and are a “graveyard” for birds.

    You get the gist. The man lies and compounds the lies with denial and then deflection. I honestly don't believe we can survive 4 more years of his incompetence, ineptitude and incoherence.

    And who said your side was the only view to follow?


    That is the problem with this country. And that problem just branches everywhere and including here.

    People have their own opinions and they should never have to be in lockstep with others and then crucified or looked at differently because of their opinions are not aligned with theirs.

    And I’m Not talking about debating on here. Thst his what this place is for to begin with.

    Every side begins with the center. One goes left one goes right. Other night go further on both sides. The extremes on both sides is one
    thing and people who live on the extreme probably hate the world to begin with. I’m
    Throwing those out because they are obvious.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-28-2020 at 09:05 AM.

  15. #8805
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,664
    Cherry-picking is also easy to do if you have time to research. Every President can be cherry picked to death with all kinds of issues.

    Peoples opinions need to be respected no matter what side they are on. Again, not talking extremes here. Both sides of extremes are bad IMO.

    All I see in this Country is that we are in the middle of a movement. And it all goes to power grabs! The one who doesn’t have the power for a takeover will complain and protest about everything. And that is both sides.

    The last huge movement besides the Civil rights movements in the 60s was the women movement. They wanted more power.

    So again, all of the bickering in this Country is all about POWER and who has that authority to unleash that power.

    It is all about the power grab!


    And everybody who has an opinion is just on tentacles *****ing and moaning with the side that they want to win.

    Currently I do not see a huge change in this Country for another 100 years. The voting population needs to change for a particular side to achieve their ultimate goal.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-28-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •