Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 585 of 627 FirstFirst ... 85485535575583584585586587595 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 9393
  1. #8761
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,029
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You doubting changes nothing.
    However, feel free to bring evidence otherwise.
    Just as you being brainwashed changes nothing.

  2. #8762
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,752
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Just as you being brainwashed changes nothing.
    I would say its impossible to awaken a person pretending to be asleep.

  3. #8763
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,029
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I would say its impossible to awaken a person pretending to be asleep.
    It's pretty sad how people are so easily brainwashed by an incompetent, egotistical, snake oil salesman. Just because you're a Republican or a Christian doesn't mean that you have to follow this clown to the gates of hell.

  4. #8764
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,752
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's pretty sad how people are so easily brainwashed by an incompetent, egotistical, snake oil salesman. Just because you're a Republican or a Christian doesn't mean that you have to follow this clown to the gates of hell.
    Im a Christian and Republicsn and I voted for Trump and I was done with him after one year. But again I dont have my radio tuned to Rush, Hannity, and Ingraham and my TV to Fox and OAN all day.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-26-2020 at 02:45 PM.

  5. #8765
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,029
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Im a Christian and Republicsn and I voted for Trump and I was done with him after one year. But again I dont have my radio tuned to Rush, Hannity, and Ingraham and my TV to Fox and OAN all day.
    Speaking of, I watched this documentary last night. Not the best doc I've seen by any means but it definitely gives one a look in to how FOX began and the tactics they use to rile up old, white men:

    https://youtu.be/813V_GId5N8

    The whole flick is available to stream for free with commercials via Amazon video.

    https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashing-.../dp/B01C6AFDM6

  6. #8766
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Sure it is. But when the market kept dropping after Trump said something that caused the market to be volatile with his mouth, that is not on me. You have money invested ? If so you didn't notice that in your 401k ? My strategy with it was aggresive but not overly so. My other coworkers had their allotments more aggresive and some more conservative and they saw loses. Only ones who did not lose had their funds in the government protected funds. I am all about personal responsibility but when the President shoots of his mouth that is not me.
    Up to today, right now, with everything happening. Yes, I have and all my co-workers have made loads of money. And none of us are old enough to be in the "chicken funds" of the market.

  7. #8767
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,029
    Neat.

  8. #8768
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,752
    [QUOTE=brett05;33569474]Up to today, right now, with everything happening. Yes, I have and all my co-workers have made loads of money. And none of us are old enough to. How about finding an anaylsis of 401k performance under President Trumps years in office compared to other presidents ? You are even allowed to do it pre covid. Post what you find. Performance of 401ks did much better under Obama. Evidence to the contrary coming up, but I will let you do the research and come to that objective conclusion

  9. #8769
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    [QUOTE=flimflamman;33569483]
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Up to today, right now, with everything happening. Yes, I have and all my co-workers have made loads of money. And none of us are old enough to. How about finding an anaylsis of 401k performance under President Trumps years in office compared to other presidents ? You are even allowed to do it pre covid. Post what you find. Performance of 401ks did much better under Obama. Evidence to the contrary coming up, but I will let you do the research and come to that objective conclusion
    Easier for you to swallow your pride, and admit you are wrong. Under President Trump money is made. Those that did not have no one to blame but themselves.

  10. #8770
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,752
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Up to today, right now, with everything happening. Yes, I have and all my co-workers have made loads of money. And none of us are old enough to be in the "chicken funds" of the market.
    Also if you show me the evidence with your Personally Identfying information omitted that would convince me. Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-26-2020 at 03:32 PM.

  11. #8771
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    Forbes Feb. 29, 2020:

    Since their respective inaugurations, the Dow is up 28% under Trump and over the same time frame it was up 62% under Obama. These figures are based on Thursday’s close before the Dow fell an additional 1.4%.

    For the first three plus years since Trump’s inauguration the S&P 500 has risen 30% while under Obama it increased 70%.

    The S&P 500 has risen 38% under Trump since his election, while under Obama it rose 36% and 103% from the low point in March 2009. The S&P 500 is also oversold with an RSI of 38.86 but not nearly as much as the Dow. It also closed above its 100 day moving average, so from a technical perspective is not as “broken” as the Dow.

    On February 27, 2018, the Dow 30 Industrials closed at 25,410, which means all the Dow gains of the past two years have been wiped out in just over two weeks and the market has incurred the fastest 10% plus decrease in history.

    Just sayin.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#4e30a94e3552

  12. #8772
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Also if you show me the evidence with your Personally Identfying information omitted that would convince me. Put up or shut up.
    What do you want to see/know?

  13. #8773
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Forbes Feb. 29, 2020:

    Since their respective inaugurations, the Dow is up 28% under Trump and over the same time frame it was up 62% under Obama. These figures are based on Thursday’s close before the Dow fell an additional 1.4%.

    For the first three plus years since Trump’s inauguration the S&P 500 has risen 30% while under Obama it increased 70%.

    The S&P 500 has risen 38% under Trump since his election, while under Obama it rose 36% and 103% from the low point in March 2009. The S&P 500 is also oversold with an RSI of 38.86 but not nearly as much as the Dow. It also closed above its 100 day moving average, so from a technical perspective is not as “broken” as the Dow.

    On February 27, 2018, the Dow 30 Industrials closed at 25,410, which means all the Dow gains of the past two years have been wiped out in just over two weeks and the market has incurred the fastest 10% plus decrease in history.

    Just sayin.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#4e30a94e3552
    The market moved when Hillary was projected to lose. That's the effect of a business friendly President.

  14. #8774
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,029
    [QUOTE=brett05;33569506]
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post

    Easier for you to swallow your pride, and admit you are wrong. Under President Trump money is made. Those that did not have no one to blame but themselves.
    Money is made under every single president ever last I checked, but sure: keep pretending like Trump is God's gift to the economy.

  15. #8775
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The market moved when Hillary was projected to lose. That's the effect of a business friendly President.
    How is that relevant?

    Following that line of reasoning Trump doesn't get credit for the bump, Hillary does?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •