Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 579 of 627 FirstFirst ... 79479529569577578579580581589 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 9393
  1. #8671
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,856
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I understand that just fine, thanks. Not sure you do though. Small groups of people traveling from a state with much higher infection rates to a state with much lower infection rates donít suddenly make the latter type of state just as risky to be out and about in as the latter.
    Millions of people are not small groups and if they are then by your definition , the less than half mill who have been infected here in Florida are a really small group of people and is really blowing your whole argument out of the water

  2. #8672
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Millions of people are not small groups and if they are then by your definition , the less than half mill who have been infected here in Florida are a really small group of people and is really blowing your whole argument out of the water
    You said millions of people, not me. Regardless of the terminology one wants to use, the amount of people that are interstate traveling within each state are small compared to the amount of people that live within each state.

    Your argument that the chance of getting COVID-19 is exactly the same in each state is absolutely asinine but sure, pat yourself on the back for this whole "blowing my whole argument out of the water" thing you've tricked yourself in to believing.

  3. #8673
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,856
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You said millions of people, not me. Regardless of the terminology one wants to use, the amount of people that are interstate traveling within each state are small compared to the amount of people that live within each state.

    Your argument that the chance of getting COVID-19 is exactly the same in each state is absolutely asinine but sure, pat yourself on the back for this whole "blowing my whole argument out of the water" thing you've tricked yourself in to believing.

    Call it what you like but your argument has been blown out of the water .

  4. #8674
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Call it what you like but your argument has been blown out of the water .
    No this is clearly you not having a basic understanding of math.

  5. #8675
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,856
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No this is clearly you not having a basic understanding of math.
    Oh I do and millions of people is a far greater number than the 593k that have been infected . And it is well known that millions of people have traveled in and out of Florida since the pandemic started .

  6. #8676
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Oh I do and millions of people is a far greater number than the 593k that have been infected . And it is well known that millions of people have traveled in and out of Florida since the pandemic started .
    You can't if you think the chances are equal that you can get coronavirus in every state. Again, anything to protect your state's continued abysmal handling of the virus.

  7. #8677
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,856
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You can't if you think the chances are equal that you can get coronavirus in every state. Again, anything to protect your state's continued abysmal handling of the virus.
    They are when you factor in the millions of people traveling from hit spots like Florida , California and Texas . Why are you refusing to acknowledge that ? I mean the 493k that are infected here are less than 1% of the population of this state . And yet because less than 1% of the population has the virus , I would be at greater risk of getting sick than somewhere with a smaller population that has accepted numbers of travelers from my state and others that far exceeds that 493k known infected in my state .

  8. #8678
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    They are when you factor in the millions of people traveling from hit spots like Florida , California and Texas . Why are you refusing to acknowledge that ? I mean the 493k that are infected here are less than 1% of the population of this state . And yet because less than 1% of the population has the virus , I would be at greater risk of getting sick than somewhere with a smaller population that has accepted numbers of travelers from my state and others that far exceeds that 493k known infected in my state .
    Check the data Jorge. Numbers have been on the decline, but not 100K below as you suggest.

    Official numbers (8/21) from the Fla dept of health:
    Cases: 593K
    +4,555
    Deaths : 10,167
    +117

    https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...8ddedb9b25e429

    Yeah I know it was a typo right? Twice?
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-21-2020 at 09:59 PM.

  9. #8679
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Call it what you like but your argument has been blown out of the water .
    Lol no it hasn't. You are delusional if you think otherwise.

  10. #8680
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,279
    Nearly 100,000 kids got covid within a recent 2 week period. I'm sure this is nothing to be concerned about.

  11. #8681
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mush, look at the trail of posts
    The dude lies
    He accused me of saying that is was desantis fault or to be more specific, that I blamed desantis

    I did not
    Ever
    Do that
    Iím not going to lie. I didnít see the entire log of posts so I really canít comment fairly on it.

    I just feel sometimes Posada gets bullied a little.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  12. #8682
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,576
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Iím not going to lie. I didnít see the entire log of posts so I really canít comment fairly on it.

    I just feel sometimes Posada gets bullied a little.

    I respect that.
    Posada is entitled to any new he wants. But as you know and I know, if you make up a claim and get called out but can't prove it, people will hammer you.

    Posada literally said, Kinko accused Desantis of the marlins getting covid.
    Then I and Dr rebutted, he then said, we twisted his words.

    Doc showed the exact quote where he said, Kinko accused desantis...

    He then. claimed to have won the arguments because we twisted his words.
    He ignores facts when placed in front of him.
    His sole goal is to instigate, bait and then report posts.

    I respect you wanting to stand up for him but you need to check why you are doing it, because you are throwing yourself into a sinking ship for no reason.

    There may be a time when he has. point that he can't support but you can, for sure help him out with facts.


    Look at his trail Mush. Do you really think everyone here is just being mean? Or is it logical if people from all perspectives are in strong disagreement with him, that he's the issue?



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #8683
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Millions of people are not small groups and if they are then by your definition , the less than half mill who have been infected here in Florida are a really small group of people and is really blowing your whole argument out of the water
    593 K. That is not less than half a million. It's more. Florida has about 10% of the cases.

    Now as for likelihood of catching a disease, let me ask this,
    If I give you a choice of 3 bets to win and it's the same money for all of them, do you pick
    1 out of 50 odds
    1 out of 75 odds
    1 out of 25 odds.

    I am going to work under the presumption that you would, like any of us pick 1 out of 25 because it's the best odds.

    Now flip the script, exactly the same numbers but if you pick the right bet, you get repeatedly kicked in the nuts for an hour
    Do you pick the
    1 out of 50 chance
    1 out of 75 chance
    1 out of 25 chance

    Again, I would guess this time, like all of us would now take the 1 out of 75 odds

    So if you go to an area where 1 out of 75 people have covid you are less likely to contract it than if you go where 1 out of 25 have it.



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #8684
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,576
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Check the data Jorge. Numbers have been on the decline, but not 100K below as you suggest.

    Official numbers (8/21) from the Fla dept of health:
    Cases: 593K
    +4,555
    Deaths : 10,167
    +117

    https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...8ddedb9b25e429

    Yeah I know it was a typo right? Twice?
    It is a 4 and a 5.
    But in the above post he says less than half a mil, so he's spouting misinformation.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #8685
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,818
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Maybe all I can do is assume since you refuse to answer challenging questions and have also painted a pretty clear picture of yourself and your views on this site over the years.
    Some of the problem is I read a few posts and try not to respond to everyone because I tried to take the advice of Flimflam as he was saying to post less.

    Again, I do not support everything Trump said or did. I only support a few policies and actually 99% are policies that were made into law years ago and he is just enforcing them.

    I cannot vote for anyone who runs for President gets pressure from the far left. If Biden stayed moderate then I could support him but he is controlled by the squad. I respect the squad, they were elected by the people but I donít have to support their full views. Is some I agree with but they take things to a new level.

    I voted for Dukakis, Clinton, Bush, McCain, Romney and Hillary

    Iím all over the map with the general election. I think the Bush/Gore debacle in my State pretty much swayed me away from the Democrats side. I didnít like how they reacted in their response.

    My issue with the past 30 years of the general election is the Country is controlled by only a few.

    Clinton, Then Gore/ Bush, no Obama was fresh so no issue with him but then again with Hillary....it is all of the same repacked crap. Trump came and people saw a different possible President and they voted for him.

    I canít defend him with the some of crap he says. Like I have said prior IĎll probably hold out and wait for 2024.

    These are the two candidates I have ever seen for a General election....And I donít go the route of voting for the lessor of two evils BS. That is a cop-out

    I just want what is good for the people of the US. I want somebody who cares for the Country.

    I watched the 76 election on UTube and the main reason why Jimmy Carter was elected was because Ford pardoned Nixon. That was the main questions at the exit polls.

    Voting for Biden reminds me of why people voted for Carter. They look to the opposition and just went opposite because there was no other choice.

    Biden is a charity candidate in some ways. He was just thrown up there and then hope for a wing and a prayer.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •