Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 570 of 627 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 9393
    Clown, one more thought on the convention. While pointing out the failures of Trump, the main focus was on a positive and unifying future. It gave me hope! Unity was a central theme. Trump=divisive Biden=unity.

What I hear, a message of hope, inspiration, substance, depth, character, integrity vs. divisiveness, hatred, anger, & fear.

Kasich and Sanders on the same stage gotta be worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-18-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown I also thought they did a very fine job of showing the humanity in Biden. His empathy, his pain and his genuine care and respect for others. The Amtrak piece was superb.
    Was he trying to win an Academy award?

Please, so fake Dr.

Clown, one more thought on the convention. While pointing out the failures of Trump, the main focus was on a positive and unifying future. It gave me hope! Unity was a central theme. Trump=divisive Biden=unity.

Dr, Obama was quoted in the NY Post the other day where he said Biden will F it up!

All of this warm good feelings does not make the US better with regards to trade, the economy, ect......

Look at how Jimmy Carter ended in 1980....

He had the same warm feelings....

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The economy could only go up Clown, it was so bad....but his quarterly reports were horrible.

During the entire 8 years the economy was at a crawl. We were always below 2% during his years,
    Nick we have been down this road before. You are WRONG. Trump inherited a growing economy and like everything he inherited.....

Job growth was remarkably consistent since the end of the recession in 2010. The 3.6 million jobs added in the 19 months since Trump took office are roughly comparable to the 3.9 million added in the previous 19 months under Obama. Likewise, unemployment has steadily declined. And wages have inched up at a slow but steady pace.

The period before Trump took office is virtually indistinguishable from the period since. At best, you would say it's been a continuation of a steady trend.

Significantly, GDP growth, has bounced up and down and would not show a clear difference between Trump and Obama. Although Trump often boasts about the strong GDP showing between April and June ó when growth topped 4 percent ó there were quarters during Obama's tenure when growth was even stronger. Broad measures of the overall job market and wages show the economy continues to follow the steady, upward glide path that began under Obama.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The economy could only go up Clown, it was so bad....but his quarterly reports were horrible.

During the entire 8 years the economy was at a crawl. We were always below 2% during his years,
    He inherited the bush disaster. Did you forget that? The idea that he got it up and running from there alone, is impressive. Housing market came roaring back.
    That's what I mean, you rip one guy but seem to conveniently forget what he inherited.
    Trump injected an economy on the way up.
    The next Dem will get one on the way down. You will likely blame that president.

Ignorance is bliss

What I hear, a message of hope, inspiration, substance, depth, character, integrity vs. divisiveness, hatred, anger, & fear.

Kasich and Sanders on the same stage gotta be worth the price of admission.
    I think that stuff gets overshadowed by the petty BS.
    I hope they are done with it. Because if they think that will win the election? I found it arrogant and noninclusive.

I will honestly say that if Trump weren't such a douche, stuff like last night would push me in another direction. It still might push me towards a 3rd party.

The democratic party stinks of the same arrogance and holier than thou crap it did last time.

I know there was good stuff but Trump does good stuff that's overshadowed and we don't blink an eye. The Democratic Party needs to wake the **** up.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think that stuff gets overshadowed by the petty BS.
    I hope they are done with it. Because if they think that will win the election? I found it arrogant and noninclusive.

I will honestly say that if Trump weren't such a douche, stuff like last night would push me in another direction. It still might push me towards a 3rd party.

The democratic party stinks of the same arrogance and holier than thou crap it did last time.

I know there was good stuff but Trump does good stuff that's overshadowed and we don't blink an eye. The Democratic Party needs to wake the **** up.
    If Trump weren't such a douche' there would be no need to remind people! It is what it is.

I don't buy the arrogance and holier than thou. If they go high they are accused of arrogance, if they go low and get on his level they are petty gutter snipes. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Let's not forget who invented negative advertising and oppo research.

A study done by Ansolabehere and Shanto Iyengar in 1995 concluded that negative advertising suppressed voter turnout, particularly for Independent voters. They speculated that campaigns tend to go negative only if the Independent vote is leaning toward the opponent. In doing so, they insure that the swing voters stay home, leaving the election up to base voters. They also found that negative ads have a greater impact on Democrats than on Republicans. According to them, base Republicans will vote no matter what (and will vote only for a Republican), but Democrats can be influenced to either stay home and not vote at all or to switch sides and vote for a Republican. This, combined with the effect negativity has on Independents, led them to conclude that Republicans benefit more from going negative than Democrats. Ansolabehere, S. & Iyengar, S. (1995). Going negative: How campaign advertising shrinks and polarizes the electorate. New York: The Free Press.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-18-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Doc, to me, the arrogance is in the, we know better than you, attitude and language There is a talking down to people who voted for trump and or still support him.
    Itís not a new thing. But now itís so much more backlit. (Itís not entirely intentional. The backlighting makes a simple logic look like rocket science )

I think the issue is the hatred.
    The Democratic Party is guilty of the same crime as the republicans they accuse .

They need to sway Tump fence riders and I donít think it will get done with resentment or anger

Ignorance is bliss

Doc, to me, the arrogance is in the, we know better than you, attitude and language There is a talking down to people who voted for trump and or still support him.
    Itís not a new thing. But now itís so much more backlit. (Itís not entirely intentional. The backlighting makes a simple logic look like rocket science )

I think the issue is the hatred.
    The Democratic Party is guilty of the same crime as the republicans they accuse .

They need to sway Tump fence riders and I donít think it will get done with resentment or anger
    OK that I understand and find more palatable. I agree some D's have little to no tolerance for Trump supporters. R's have nothing but contempt for anything they believe is slightly left of center.

Imo I believe the divisive nature of the current administration has stirred very strong emotion in many. The racism, misogyny, white supremacy, homophobia, & xenophobia and the concomitant language of exclusion has driven a wedge thru the populace. People are angry and full of resentment. It needs to be acknowledged. Woman, people of color, immigrants, gay, and a host of others have been left out of Trump's vision for America. His lens is white and black.

As mentioned above the fence sitters who may be leaning toward Trump are the most likely to be influenced by a negative campaign. Expect double barrel negatives targeting Biden, Harris (he already began) and key D senate and house seats. I also expect he will continue to drag Obama thru the mud whenever the opportunity presents.

OK that I understand and find more palatable. I agree some D's have little to no tolerance for Trump supporters. R's have nothing but contempt for anything they believe is slightly left of center.

Imo I believe the divisive nature of the current administration has stirred very strong emotion in many. The racism, misogyny, white supremacy, homophobia, & xenophobia and the concomitant language of exclusion has driven a wedge thru the populace. People are angry and full of resentment. It needs to be acknowledged. Woman, people of color, immigrants, gay, and a host of others have been left out of Trump's vision for America. His lens is white and black.

As mentioned above the fence sitters who may be leaning toward Trump are the most likely to be influenced by a negative campaign. Expect double barrel negatives targeting Biden, Harris (he already began) and key D senate and house seats. I also expect he will continue to drag Obama thru the mud whenever the opportunity presents.
    I would love to see Biden take the high ground and not insult.
    I would love to see Biden compliment him on anything he's done well.
    I truly believe if he did that,, he would run away with the election.
    Don't entertain the dirt. Let Trump spit dirt while you discuss facts and issues.

Ignorance is bliss

I would love to see Biden take the high ground and not insult.
    I would love to see Biden compliment him on anything he's done well.
    I truly believe if he did that,, he would run away with the election.
    Don't entertain the dirt. Let Trump spit dirt while you discuss facts and issues.
    I expect Biden to take the high road, it's his nature. He's a basic good guy. Some argue to nice and soft for the grueling demands of a presidential campaign. He will leave the negatives to others. As I mentioned I think the convention will pivot tonight or tomorrow. They will certainly finish up on a positive note with Biden's closing. He will draw the contrast and leave it to the people to decide what is best for the country. Four more years of divisiveness or a fresh start of unity and inclusion. That's my read. I would also like to see him elaborate further on Michelle Obama's theme, echoed by some (Booker), we need a leader with experience, who will be prepared for the job and task that face the country from day one. We need REAL leadership.

Dr, Obama was quoted in the NY Post the other day where he said Biden will F it up!

All of this warm good feelings does not make the US better with regards to trade, the economy, ect......

Look at how Jimmy Carter ended in 1980....

He had the same warm feelings....
    Nicky how will Trump spin this:

Just released: In its thousand page report released just now, ENDORSED BY REPUBLICANS, the Senate intelligence committee offers a raft of damning evidence of the Trump campaignís eager acceptance of help from a foreign power during the 2016 campaign.

The GOP-led Senate intel committee assesses that the president lied to federal prosecutors.

"Despite Trump's recollection, the Committee assesses that Trump did, in fact, speak with Stone about WikiLeaks and with members of his Campaign about Stone's access to WikiLeaks..."

Senate Intel reports includes these two key points:
    1. "Putin ordered the Russian effort to hack (Democrat Party) computer networks."
    2. "Trump and senior Campaign officials sought to obtain advance information about WikiLeaks's planned releases through Roger Stone."

Senate Intel Committee says in its 5th and final report on Russian election interference that "while the GRU and WikiLeaks were releasing hacked documents, the Trump Campaign sought to maximize the impact of those leaks to aid Trump's electoral prospects." TWITTER.

14. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Nick we have been down this road before. You are WRONG. Trump inherited a growing economy and like everything he inherited.....

Job growth was remarkably consistent since the end of the recession in 2010. The 3.6 million jobs added in the 19 months since Trump took office are roughly comparable to the 3.9 million added in the previous 19 months under Obama. Likewise, unemployment has steadily declined. And wages have inched up at a slow but steady pace.

The period before Trump took office is virtually indistinguishable from the period since. At best, you would say it's been a continuation of a steady trend.

Significantly, GDP growth, has bounced up and down and would not show a clear difference between Trump and Obama. Although Trump often boasts about the strong GDP showing between April and June ó when growth topped 4 percent ó there were quarters during Obama's tenure when growth was even stronger. Broad measures of the overall job market and wages show the economy continues to follow the steady, upward glide path that began under Obama.

Dr, Iíll use the batting average for comparison.

When the GNP is over 3% then it shows a great economy. Basically batting .300

Obama never was over 3% in any quarter. That is a crawl. His average was 1.8% Dr. Uh, that is horrible. Iíll give you 4 years after Bush but the next 4 years was the same type Dr. It was a crawl.
    And anything that did go up was caused by the QE2. He tripled the national debt in his 8 years. His increases were the highest ever with any President. The highest increases Dr.

You and Clown act like Obama was crawling up a steep mountain all 8 years because of Bush when it actually was the Democratsí giving away house mortgages in the late 90s. They made it too easy once again and it eventually caught up in 2007-2008.

Government entities like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guaranteed mortgages even if they were subprime or those lent to people who did not even qualify for a loan. Too many of those Dr. Economist thought people would just sit back and wait before trying to sell. With very little equity or no whatsoever the defaulting homeowners had no incentive to pay off their house that they couldnít sell at the time. It all started somewhere Dr. And that somewhere was not Bush but the Democrats that started those Government entities.

You say Obama had to deal with Bushís terrible economy

How come you never go back to the Democrats giving out mortgages to basically anybody with a heartbeat as that caused the destruction of the housing industry?

You cherry pick a lot.

I was showing how you cherry picked and showed us the rona numbers in Florida when they were over 10,000 per day. We saw a lot of links to stories about that.

So where are the links to the stories about the drop in cases that are now below 4000 per day now and still dropping?

You never talk about that? The same with the orange turd. You only point out the bad.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-19-2020 at 06:29 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night