Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 569 of 627 FirstFirst ... 69469519559567568569570571579619 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    In defense of Cheeto man, the whole, "invasion of suburbia" comment is taken way out of line.
    He doesn't want low income housing built in suburban neighborhoods. It's not a race issue. It's real concern for those living in those areas.

It would suck to work your arse off to get a place in a nice, mellow neighborhood and then have a project put in the area.

The comment wasn't as bad as it's made to be

With that said, there is a serious level of ignorance behind it or being used against people.
    Not every low income housing area is a project. There are also low income housing that allows assistance in purchase of homes and there is no reason a lower socio-econimc family, shouldn't be allowed to buy a house in a nicer, safer place to raise their kids.

The narrative that all projects are Boys in the hood, is silly.

In NYC I had a few friends who were the beneficiaries of these developments.
    1 was a single moment with 2 kids. She worked full time and barely afforded their rent. She purchased her home for 75k. It was a 3 bedroom townhouse in the lower east side. It was a set of row houses with similar families and it was awesome.
    People can sell the homes for a modest profit. Prices are set based on appreciation.
    I think that is a very fair way to give people a chance.
    Funny you know what will impact the suburbs the most ? The undercount because of the early stop of the census, a month earlier then it then it should have due to Trump. Hope the DNC makes that case to suburban voters. Suburbs are also much more ingrained with their adjacent metropolitan area then the rural area.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-16-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Funny you know what will impact the suburbs the most ? The undercount because of the early stop of the census, a month earlier then it then it should have due to Trump. Hope the DNC makes that case to suburban voters. Suburbs are also much more ingrained with their adjacent metropolitan area then the rural area.
    Yep. The census is a mess.

Ignorance is bliss

“A most likely ‘rally around the flag’ event would be (the U.S.) attacking Iran or perhaps (a) Venezuela overthrow,” he said in an email to CNBC. “So something around a temporary oil spike but not a fundamental call on oil winners.”

He highlighted defense companies as an obvious option in this environment.

“To me the message is just that a heavy act of military aggression is something investors should not be surprised by in the run up to the vote,” he added.

I'm not the only one who thinks this Is a legit possibility

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/17/buy-...gist-says.html

I know it's CNBC but the comments are not politically motivated, they are investment strategies.

Ignorance is bliss

My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Such a peaceful group. They just wanted some bread.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    LOL he says a lot of things. 90% fiction, 5% fabrication, 5% truth.

eg. Trump and the GOP are pounding their chests regarding "the millions of jobs" created in last 3 months. WRONG, total lie, fabrication and obfuscation of the truth. No new jobs were created, no new organic growth. PEOPLE WHO WERE FURLOUGHED OR LAID OFF RETURNED TO WORK. Complete BS. Don't look behind the curtain folks.

A drop in the bucket of the mind-boggling 51.3 million out of work during the pandemic.

Why is that mind-boggling?

Really Dr? Mind boggling?

Businesses were purposely shutdown for the rona and you call it mind boggling.

Unbelievable!

All of my investments that were at a -30% for the year in March have all came back and I’m now at over 10%.

People see that with theirs as well. He will be re-elected. It will be close but he will get back for 4 more years.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-18-2020 at 05:46 AM.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I hate watched about 10 minutes of FOX News a few nights ago. More than enough time to see that **** stain Pence pounding his chest about creating more jobs in the last three months than Obama/Biden created over a course of eight years. Such a blatantly transparent load of ****.
    Well prior to the rona the jobs growth was outpacing Obama’s by a landslide. The GNP was also terrific compared to the Obama years.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Well prior to the rona the jobs growth was outpacing Obama’s by a landslide. The GNP was also terrific compared to the Obama years.
    Mush, if you want to blame Obama for stuff, you have to give credit. He left Trump with the economy on an upswing and handed it to Trump.
    My question is, when it come crashing down, who will you blame? Obama? Or whoever the net president is?
    The economy is doing great but built on egg shells. It will crumble at some point.
    Do you blame the person who is in office, or his predecessor?

Ignorance is bliss

The Democratic Party is astonishingly stupid.
    Trump lives for vitriol and hate speech. He's made for it.

So you spend your DNC ripping him?

****ing morons.

Spend the time talking about policy, healthcare reform, International relationships and how you will fix the economy so it's sustainable.

By fighting his fight, you are handing him a victory.

Ignorance is bliss

Why is that mind-boggling?

Really Dr? Mind boggling?

Businesses were purposely shutdown for the rona and you call it mind boggling.

Unbelievable!

All of my investments that were at a -30% for the year in March have all came back and I’m now at over 10%.

People see that with theirs as well. He will be re-elected. It will be close but he will get back for 4 more years.
    Mind boggling due to it's magnitude! During the Great depression the number eclipsed 15M, unemployment rose to 25 percent at its highest level during the Great Depression. The 51M we saw comes close to that in percentage terms and certainly rivals it in magnitude.

Businesses were shut down for the health and safety of the people! Had we done it sooner and listened to experts maybe, just maybe our death toll wouldn't be at 170K!!

I realize you would prefer to spin this as some left wing conspiracy theory designed to crash your portfolio. Sorry not going there.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

The Democratic Party is astonishingly stupid.
    Trump lives for vitriol and hate speech. He's made for it.

So you spend your DNC ripping him?

****ing morons.

Spend the time talking about policy, healthcare reform, International relationships and how you will fix the economy so it's sustainable.

By fighting his fight, you are handing him a victory.
    I disagree. Imo this opening salvo was aimed at getting peoples attention. It was a crafted message aimed directly at the middle right for the D's the more conservative, and persuadable among the R's. The D's who voted for Trump in 2016 were forced to rethink that decision. In essence this is the man you voted for don't be fooled again. I think the message was specific and well crafted. Look how far we have fallen, this is NOT who we are. Michelle Obama was perfect in closing.

I expect the next three days will be devoted to the agenda and policy.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Clown I also thought they did a very fine job of showing the humanity in Biden. His empathy, his pain and his genuine care and respect for others. The Amtrak piece was superb.

Dr, how come you do not show how Florida is doing with the Coronvirus?

You seem to cherry pick and only show the bad days.

Hmmmmmm

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Mush, if you want to blame Obama for stuff, you have to give credit. He left Trump with the economy on an upswing and handed it to Trump.
    My question is, when it come crashing down, who will you blame? Obama? Or whoever the net president is?
    The economy is doing great but built on egg shells. It will crumble at some point.
    Do you blame the person who is in office, or his predecessor?
    The economy could only go up Clown, it was so bad....but his quarterly reports were horrible.

During the entire 8 years the economy was at a crawl. We were always below 2% during his years,

Dr, how come you do not show how Florida is doing with the Coronvirus?

You seem to cherry pick and only show the bad days.

Hmmmmmm
    Huh? How did we get here? Talk about straw men and moving goal posts, whatever.

Look Nick. I wish all the best for Fla. I took issue with your governor and his handling of the crisis. He was a Trump sycophant and put peoples lives at risk.