Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 56 of 532 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 7968
  1. #826
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    18,458
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    It matters because at this moment in time HE holds the fate of too many lives in his hands.

    He takes every opportunity to remind us he inherited a broken system. We were totally unprepared. But yet here is a manual, prepared by experts providing a road map and it's ignored. Why? My gut tells me, because it has Obama's fingerprints on it! Petty and vindictive and it will cost lives.

    Obama was horrible yet you don’t point his faults out....

    Dr, I like you but you tend to you really focus on pointing out every single issue with Trump...

    You act like he is the savior and everything should have been done perfectly...

    I don’t get it....

    Dr, in reality no President that we had ever had would or could have been PREPARED for this......

    This has strangled the entire World.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  2. #827
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I wouldn't consider a worldwide pandemic that has an indefinite timetable of going away and is focused mostly in the USA as things going "very good". I wouldn't call the record number of unemployment and financial ramifications this has had on the whole world as "very good" either. This is a bad situation with no end in sight. People are projecting with the hopes that there is a calendar date where we can collectively breathe a sigh of relief. We don't know that.

    People make a lot of selfish stupid decisions. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt just because. I'm not hating on anyone. Just pointing out something that Americans are uncomfortable with and that's any constructive criticism. We need to stay home, stay away from people, etc. Eventually this will pass but its going to take longer if we don't do what we need to do.
    This is unchartered waters. Corona virus did not come with an owners manual that says read first. We live in a free Country, and with that people think they can do what they want at any given time. I am very proactive in my everyday life. Things come up, things happen. I eef up all the time. I wish it could all go away, but it is not going to happen. Again I am not going to lay blame on anyone. It wont get us anywhere. Everyone needs to help out. I recently purchased the MLB package and the next day the season was announced to be delayed. I e-mailed MLB and asked them for a refund and with that refund I asked them if they could send it to the employees of Yankee stadium. The response I got was more or less they would have to look into the legalities. Please don't respond with grenades. I am not here to argue my beliefs or listen to the hatred.

  3. #828
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,933
    Weeks ago we were promised drive-thru COVID19 testing sites where people could be tested “very safely, quickly and conveniently.”

    Target, Walgreens, Walmart and CVS have a combined 26,400 US stores.

    Only 5 drive-thru sites are open.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  4. #829
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,933
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Obama was horrible yet you don’t point his faults out....

    Dr, I like you but you tend to you really focus on pointing out every single issue with Trump...

    You act like he is the savior and everything should have been done perfectly...

    I don’t get it....

    Dr, in reality no President that we had ever had would or could have been PREPARED for this......

    This has strangled the entire World.
    Nick why bring Obama into the discussion? To advance your narrative?

    Maybe no president could have prepared, however the point of my previous post, he had a manual, a literal road map at his disposal and ignored it! Why?

    He was briefed about the potential of a pandemic upon entering the office. The need for preparedness. He ignored it. Why?

    Nick, I don't expect perfection, far from it. What I expect is basic competence.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  5. #830
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nick why bring Obama into the discussion? To advance your narrative?

    Maybe no president could have prepared, however the point of my previous post, he had a manual, a literal road map at his disposal and ignored it! Why?

    He was briefed about the potential of a pandemic upon entering the office. The need for preparedness. He ignored it. Why?

    Nick, I don't expect perfection, far from it. What I expect is basic competence.
    You know Oboma has to be blamed or invoked. Next will be Hilary Clinton. Next Pelosi. It's what conservatives do. They are programmed to do so to deflect. It's what years of AM radio and right wing TV has prepared them to do.

  6. #831
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,989
    I won’t say anything bad about Obama in regards to this pandemic . But it is a fact that every elected official in every state , and all of congress and the senate all knew that the US was not prepared at all for a pandemic since Obama was president. . And yet not a single one on either side did a damned thing about it . Now there is where I point my finger not at one man alone

  7. #832
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Weeks ago we were promised drive-thru COVID19 testing sites where people could be tested “very safely, quickly and conveniently.”

    Target, Walgreens, Walmart and CVS have a combined 26,400 US stores.

    Only 5 drive-thru sites are open.
    Is this in New York alone or the whole country? Is this the companies you mentioned only or are they not counting other entities that are doing the testing. I have no doubt in what you say. I am just curious. I could not imagine being on the front-line of this being in the medical field. Just out of curiosity, what is in a test kit?

  8. #833
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    18,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If we shouldn’t trust China then why should we believe they were successful against the virus like they are saying?
    Exactly....

    Anything opposite of Trump....

    Trump is wrong in everything because he is not a Democrat.

    Democrats are the only ones that are correct with everything because they were taught by other liberals.....
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  9. #834
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    18,458
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    You know Oboma has to be blamed or invoked. Next will be Hilary Clinton. Next Pelosi. It's what conservatives do. They are programmed to do so to deflect. It's what years of AM radio and right wing TV has prepared them to do.
    Speaking of Hillary..

    Did you like her joke?

    During this crisis?

    If that was a Republican it would have been on the front page of every newspaper in the US....
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  10. #835
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    18,458
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nick why bring Obama into the discussion? To advance your narrative?

    Maybe no president could have prepared, however the point of my previous post, he had a manual, a literal road map at his disposal and ignored it! Why?

    He was briefed about the potential of a pandemic upon entering the office. The need for preparedness. He ignored it. Why?

    Nick, I don't expect perfection, far from it. What I expect is basic competence.

    Where was Pelosi and Schumer during January?

    Why weren’t they yelling or demanding that Trump be better prepared for the virus?

    They knew about it. We all knew about it...

    You know why?

    They were more concerned about the IMPEACHMENT hearings and its HEADLINES....

    They were only concerned with the flavor of the day Dr...

    Trump is President but he has the House and Senate with their smart people who can steer him as well..

    Where were they Dr?

    Oh, in Jan was strictly impeachment!

    The FAULT GOES To EVERYONE Dr....
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  11. #836
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Where was Pelosi and Schumer during January?

    Why weren’t they yelling or demanding that Trump be better prepared for the virus?

    They knew about it. We all knew about it...

    You know why?

    They were more concerned about the IMPEACHMENT hearings and its HEADLINES....

    They were only concerned with the flavor of the day Dr...

    Trump is President but he has the House and Senate with their smart people who can steer him as well..

    Where were they Dr?

    Oh, in Jan was strictly impeachment!

    The FAULT GOES To EVERYONE Dr....

    Then there is cuomo who knew for 5 years that NY was facing a shortage of medical supplies , and what did he do about it? NOTHING until these last 2 weeks , why is that?

  12. #837
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    Is this in New York alone or the whole country? Is this the companies you mentioned only or are they not counting other entities that are doing the testing. I have no doubt in what you say. I am just curious. I could not imagine being on the front-line of this being in the medical field. Just out of curiosity, what is in a test kit?
    Red, if memory serves that was something announced at one of the early pressers. Target, Walgreens, CVS and Walmart were mentioned as candidates for the drive thru sites and I believe it was nationwide, however at the time of the annoncement the hot spots were limited to NY, Wash. and Cali.

    The contents of the kit are evolving. Soon they will be marketing an "at home" kit. The most common kits include a thin sterile swab and a liquid-filled tube for transport.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  13. #838
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Where was Pelosi and Schumer during January?

    Why weren’t they yelling or demanding that Trump be better prepared for the virus?

    They knew about it. We all knew about it...

    You know why?

    They were more concerned about the IMPEACHMENT hearings and its HEADLINES....

    They were only concerned with the flavor of the day Dr...

    Trump is President but he has the House and Senate with their smart people who can steer him as well..

    Where were they Dr?

    Oh, in Jan was strictly impeachment!

    The FAULT GOES To EVERYONE Dr....
    I will keep it simple,
    Remember when the President was saying it's all a hoax by Democrats to hurt him politically.? It was because already many democrats were calling for him to do more. Or else why would have said that ? As you pointed out Democrat are always attacking the President so you think the weren't over this ? You can't have it both ways . Look for you I can only say " Denial ain't just a river in Egypt." But have no fear he will be reelected. And it will be worse for us next National emergency he messes up.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 03-28-2020 at 05:30 PM.

  14. #839
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    This is unchartered waters. Corona virus did not come with an owners manual that says read first. We live in a free Country, and with that people think they can do what they want at any given time. I am very proactive in my everyday life. Things come up, things happen. I eef up all the time. I wish it could all go away, but it is not going to happen. Again I am not going to lay blame on anyone. It wont get us anywhere. Everyone needs to help out. I recently purchased the MLB package and the next day the season was announced to be delayed. I e-mailed MLB and asked them for a refund and with that refund I asked them if they could send it to the employees of Yankee stadium. The response I got was more or less they would have to look into the legalities. Please don't respond with grenades. I am not here to argue my beliefs or listen to the hatred.
    There is a manual though. Its avoiding being around people unless necessary. Did that video in the park look like people who need to be around each other? No they are choosing to despite the CDC and other doctor worth his weight in salt telling people not to. A significant portion of American people decide to say "**** that" and keep on their daily lives like they and the people they know will be fine.

  15. #840
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Speaking of Hillary..

    Did you like her joke?

    During this crisis?

    If that was a Republican it would have been on the front page of every newspaper in the US....
    I would have voted for Kassich or Rubio. But I don't care what Hillary said. Because I have asked the questian a million times " Imagine if Oboma had done that " and Republicans never answer me.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 03-28-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •