Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 555 of 627 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565605 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I never disagreed with the mask mandate , in fact I am for it . And serial killers are called that because they kill multiple people before the law gets to them and some never got caught .
    No idea why you felt the need to give me your definition of a serial killer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/governmen...141655781.html

This should surprise no one. Its a shame they wasted that money. They could have given it to people in direct payments that really needed it or used that money for further unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Are you waiting for Posada to see the error of his ways and have a come to Jesus moment ? Enforce the rules you are citing or dont. He would understand the rules if you imposed them. Posada has no life outside this board and the places he gets his information. Impose the rules and he either adapts and learns or has to find an other place to toletate him.
    No just giving him the opportunity to employ reason. I don't enjoy being punitive, in fact try to avoid. However your point is well taken. The child must have boundaries otherwise they are at the mercy of impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/governmen...141655781.html

This should surprise no one. Its a shame they wasted that money. They could have given it to people in direct payments that really needed it or used that money for further unemployment.
    I agree. Wait for the other shoe to drop, multiple businesses with ties to Trump received millions of dollars in small business relief loans backed by the administration.

Trump is linked to the firms and their executives through business deals conducted with his company, the Trump Organization, as well as through financial support for his 2016 run for president, his inauguration and his 2020 reelection campaign. Analysis by the Associated Press shows that as much as $273 million was loaned to more than 100 companies that are owned or operated by donors to Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/the-...ppp-loans.html

https://apnews.com/00a34243825661313f2cb6a0f6a21720

Are you waiting for Posada to see the error of his ways and have a come to Jesus moment ? Enforce the rules you are citing or dont. He would understand the rules if you imposed them. Posada has no life outside this board and the places he gets his information. Impose the rules and he either adapts and learns or has to find an other place to toletate him.
    Upon further reflection and considerable thought I have come to several conclusions. The role of a moderator is not to be a cop. The primary role is NOT policing the forum enforcing rules. It may be a secondary role in the interest of maintaining order, but certainly not our primary role. If these are the priorities you believe moderators require to be effective, imo you are mistaken.

Again imo you must never repress membership opinion. You must ensure that you moderate your forum effectively – this means adopting a laissez-faire approach and allowing your members a large amount of freedom. If you crack down on members the second they step out of line, you will be sending a negative signal that free speech is not tolerated or welcome. You will make people nervous and discourage them from getting involved – hardly the ingredients for a successful forum.

Forum mods should promote interaction, discussion and lively spirited debate.

A moderator should be posting new threads and adding new content to the site. They should be helping out members with their queries and they should be keeping threads alive with new and interesting content.

I am not saying that forum moderators shouldn’t delete or lock threads that are inappropriate – of course this should be one of their roles. What I am saying is this should never be the primary role.

Imo our primary role is to encourage interaction, to encourage member involvement, and to encourage a sense of community within your forum.

Might want to pass that message on to all the other mods and admins, as too many of them seem much closer to cops than facilitators of conversation. Either way about it, much ado about nothing once again.

That is not to suggest when a problem exists that effects the smooth and proper function of the forum or impacts other members enjoyment, that it will not be dealt with quickly and effectively.

When I agreed to be a mod I did so believing my role was not that of a cop, but more so a facilitator. Stimulate interest and discussion. Keep things interesting and topical.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Might want to pass that message on to all the other mods and admins, as too many of them seem much closer to cops than facilitators of conversation. Either way about it, much ado about nothing once again.
    I second this.

Doc and Day are great for this thread. We are lucky. Other threads? Not so much. The small penis, gang gets the chest thumping started fast.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-01-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Clay. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Clay. Lol
    HHAHAHHA.

Thanks for catching that.

Funny, Clay is the prime example other mod, to which I referred
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-01-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Small penis joke, shameful.

‘A huge experiment’: How the world made so much progress on a Covid-19 vaccine so fast
    By ANDREW JOSEPH JULY 30, 2020

Never before have prospective vaccines for a pathogen entered final-stage clinical trials as rapidly as candidates for Covid-19.

Just six months ago, when the death toll from the coronavirus stood at one and neither it nor the disease it caused had a name, a team of Chinese scientists uploaded its genetic sequence to a public site. That kicked off the record-breaking rush to develop vaccines — the salve that experts say could ultimately quell the pandemic.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/30/...witter_organic

Metaphorical

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    That is not to suggest when a problem exists that effects the smooth and proper function of the forum or impacts other members enjoyment, that it will not be dealt with quickly and effectively.

When I agreed to be a mod I did so believing my role was not that of a cop, but more so a facilitator. Stimulate interest and discussion. Keep things interesting and topical.
    Dr is probably the best Mod on here, very fair but firm when needed.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

In no way was I suggesting anyone with a small penis should be ashamed of it. You should only be ashamed if you act like you have one.
    Like some mods (who do not moderate this forum)

Ignorance is bliss