Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 554 of 627 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 9393
  1. #8296
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Spin it whatever way you want but in the end unless itís a source that YOU approve of , you will dismiss it and call it invalid . Even when you are wrong .
    It sure ain't his fault that you are incapable of determining what a reliable source is and instantly decide to play victim.

  2. #8297
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You are the mod correct ? You made the guidelines as to what sources would be accepted did you not ? So Who in the end is going to decide what sources are credible ? You of course , or there wouldnít have been a need for that post to begin with . I tell you what , if you truly are not gonna have a say as to what sources are credible then delete that post , then I will delete mine and This is done .
    NO! That is where you are incorrect. I did not make up the guidelines. They were generally agreed upon by PSD in their attempt to define "a reliable source list." If a source, any source falls within the guidelines it's acceptable and safe. I am not acting arbitrarily as you suggest. Of course as mods, Day and I have the power on enforcement, but you assume bias where non exists. If you have confidence your sources are credible there should be no problem.

    That post was repeated when we decided to re-open the Corona politics thread, as a reminder to everyone. You assumed it was intended for you, which I have come to expect. You seem to enjoy playing the victim.

    The options remain:
    1) prove your allegation made against me
    2) delete the post
    3) I delete and infract

    You choose. I am done.

  3. #8298
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    NO! That is where you are incorrect. I did not make up the guidelines. They were generally agreed upon by PSD in their attempt to define "a reliable source list." If a source, any source falls within the guidelines it's acceptable and safe. I am not acting arbitrarily as you suggest. Of course as mods, Day and I have the power on enforcement, but you assume bias where non exists. If you have confidence your sources are credible there should be no problem.

    That post was repeated when we decided to re-open the Corona politics thread, as a reminder to everyone. You assumed it was intended for you, which I have come to expect. You seem to enjoy playing the victim.

    The options remain:
    1) prove your allegation made against me
    2) delete the post
    3) I delete and infract

    You choose. I am done.
    But who decides what sources fall in those guidelines ? You do . And you admitted it when you said you have the power of enforcement . Part of that enforcement is deciding what falls into those guidelines in regards to the sources . Itís like the local police department enforcing the rules , they didnít write the rules but they enforce them how they see fit . And in this case you are charged with enforcing those guidelines , I just stated that you would enforce it as you see fit . Plain and simple. . If that is not enough proof to validate that one post I made then delete it and give me an infraction . Because I am done with this convo .
    Last edited by Posada20; 07-30-2020 at 05:58 PM.

  4. #8299
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,247
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    NO! That is where you are incorrect. I did not make up the guidelines. They were generally agreed upon by PSD in their attempt to define "a reliable source list." If a source, any source falls within the guidelines it's acceptable and safe. I am not acting arbitrarily as you suggest. Of course as mods, Day and I have the power on enforcement, but you assume bias where non exists. If you have confidence your sources are credible there should be no problem.

    That post was repeated when we decided to re-open the Corona politics thread, as a reminder to everyone. You assumed it was intended for you, which I have come to expect. You seem to enjoy playing the victim.

    The options remain:
    1) prove your allegation made against me
    2) delete the post
    3) I delete and infract

    You choose. I am done.
    To be fair, the topic of reliable sources was discussed at great lengths in the politics forum a few months back or so. Seemed to mainly spring from people that hated Twitter links and people that were sick of (mainly) one particular poster constantly posting mindless garbage from unreliable far right wing sites. The poster I mention damn near had a conniption fit numerous times per day when he thought his precious sources might no longer be acceptable. Despite the supposed rules already in place and the majority of people wanting those rules actually enforced (aka no garbage far right/far left sources allowed), the mods decided to waste everyone's time, say "**** it", and just let people post whatever the **** they want.

    Was pretty ridiculous and disappointing, yet not the least bit surprising.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 07-30-2020 at 06:18 PM.

  5. #8300
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    But who decides what sources fall in those guidelines ? You do . And you admitted it when you said you have the power of enforcement . Part of that enforcement is deciding what falls into those guidelines in regards to the sources . Now go ahead and give me the infraction because I am not backing down from my stance on this
    Your call.

  6. #8301
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Your call.
    You gave the proof you have been asking for . So do what you feel you have to do .

  7. #8302
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,247
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How can anybody say that Covid-19 is NOT POLITICAL in this Country during election year? This virus has more spotlight on it with political views coming from both sides.
    COVID-19 at its core isn't a political issue and absolutely shouldn't be a political issue, yet it is. Mainly because this country is full of selfish morons that have trouble thinking for themselves.

  8. #8303
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    COVID-19 at its core isn't a political issue and absolutely shouldn't be a political issue, yet it is. Mainly because this country is full of selfish morons that have trouble thinking for themselves.
    Canít disagree with you on that . Now you see why a mask mandate would be so hard to enforce

  9. #8304
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How did I lie about the swine flu? All I did was make one mistake when I typed 100k instead of 10k .

    Meanwhile when you said that Florida would take over ny as the number 1 state with infections while Cali had more and is number 1 , not once did I accuse you of lying about Covid .
    I love how you completely ignore ratios and per capita stats to justify your hatred for the Democrat led state of California. Just kidding, I don't. It is laughably transparent and juvenile.

  10. #8305
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,247
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    He makes everything political, no matter what it is and even when politics aren't being discussed. Nobody here except for mush/posada/brett remotely support Trump.
    He's like kneeling, the act doesn't bother me whatsoever, it's the constant shoving it in our faces by the media that's beyond obnoxious. And he can't even be put on ignore.
    The guy is as obnoxious as the 2 of them, just on the other side.
    Between all 4 of them, this place really sucks lately compared to how it used to be. I'm close to doing like a couple others and just being gone for good. PSD used to be enjoyable, now it's just a **** show.
    I'm not in the Yankees forum nearly as much as you but I don't ever see mw69 inject politics in to discussions anywhere except the ones where politics/coronavirus are already being discussed. I've talked baseball with him for nearly a decade and can't recall a single time he's weaved politics in to those discussions. Either way about it, he's much more well spoken and intelligent than the three other posters you mentioned. Sure, he might be more pedal to the medal with the political discourse (which I fully agree can be tiring in general, especially on a site I joined solely to talk sports) but he's nowhere near as annoying as those other three.

  11. #8306
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,247
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'd change my vote to yes.
    Let that be the one area for discussing all of that, and don't allow it in any other threads.
    That's probably the best idea. I hate it when posters can't help themselves from bringing up politics in a thread about baseball. We are inundated with enough politics talk everywhere else in life.

  12. #8307
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Canít disagree with you on that . Now you see why a mask mandate would be so hard to enforce
    Just because something is hard to enforce doesn't mean it shouldn't be enforced. Intelligent serial killers are hard to catch, should we just let them run free too?

  13. #8308
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Your call.
    Are you waiting for Posada to see the error of his ways and have a come to Jesus moment ? Enforce the rules you are citing or dont. He would understand the rules if you imposed them. Posada has no life outside this board and the places he gets his information. Impose the rules and he either adapts and learns or has to find an other place to toletate him.

  14. #8309
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Just because something is hard to enforce doesn't mean it shouldn't be enforced. Intelligent serial killers are hard to catch, should we just let them run free too?
    I never disagreed with the mask mandate , in fact I am for it . And serial killers are called that because they kill multiple people before the law gets to them and some never got caught .

  15. #8310
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,247
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Are you waiting for Posada to see the error of his ways and have a come to Jesus moment ? Enforce the rules you are citing or dont. He would understand the rules if you imposed them. Posada has no life outside this board and the places he gets his information. Impose the rules and he either adapts and learns or has to find an other place to toletate him.
    ^^^^

    Yup. Playing this virtual standoff game (that we've all seen numerous times now) does nothing productive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •