Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 55 of 627 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 9393
  1. #811
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I was just taking out politics. It's the presidents job regardless of party affiliation to do the right things.
    True and I agree. I don't believe I mentioned party or politics. Only that he ignored the manual prepared on the issue. I think we can both agree his handling of the situ has been far less than optimal. He had a manual, a literal road map and it was ignored. This isn't partisan, it's the sad reality.

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This would truly be incredible.

    If I'm not mistaken, he's only using seriously ill people?
    So basically if you are healthy enough to fight it, you fight it. If you aren't, you have a chance.
    Methods: Upon admission, patients were grouped into two categories: i) those with an upper respiratory
    tract infection (URTI) presenting with rhinitis and/or pharyngitis, and/or isolated low-grade
    fever and myalgia, and ii) those with lower respiratory tract infections (LRTI) presenting with
    symptoms of pneumonia or bronchitis. The time between the onset of symptoms and
    admission, and the time between the onset of symptoms and treatment was documented. Risk
    factors for severe COVID-19, including older age, cancer, cardiovascular disease,
    hypertension, and diabetes (4), as well as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, obesity and
    any immunosuppressive treatments were documented.

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Of course. Chinese people do a lot of Western culture type things and there are plenty of densely populated cities in China. That said, they aren't doing what I showed in that video as we currently speak. They're not gathering in parks in large numbers, they are not congregating in city streets, they are not doing their normal routines. They are not gathering for religion either. They are staying home. India just locked their country down for 3 weeks for example.

    The US might be better prepared but the people don't do the right things. If American people and the American government (state, federal, local) had taken this more seriously from the start, the curve might have been flattened already but they didn't and now the apex has yet to come.
    I am not trying to start an argument with you, but sorry stupid has no boundaries. The media of China is saying what we are wanting to hear. For the most part people are doing what they are told. The markets are still jammed pack with people. Some western style malls are still open and religious activity is going on more so than ever. Although India is in lockdown they are still nuts to butts on the street. I spend a lot of my vacation time in Asia countries and have gotten to know some pretty nice people who I stay in touch with. For the most, my time here in the Middle East I have been in isolation. Right now and for the past year I am located in a friendly area. I can actually walk off base and go to the mall or restaurant. Heck I can even buy alcohol if I want. Alcohol in a Muslim country is forbidden, but it is here. Iraq is in lockdown. No-one is supposed to have their business open but they do. One of my close friends from Thailand sent me a picture of her family at a temple. There was over a thousand people at this temple praying. We all make mistakes. Not one person is perfect in this world. On this forum we have the left and right throwing grenades at each other. We all do the hindsight thing and say we should have done it this way or that way. I love my Yankees, I love my Country and oh yeah I love my beer.

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    True and I agree. I don't believe I mentioned party or politics. Only that he ignored the manual prepared on the issue. I think we can both agree his handling of the situ has been far less than optimal. He had a manual, a literal road map and it was ignored. This isn't partisan, it's the sad reality.
    Thing is you are being partisan when the entire US govt as a whole from state on up did NOTHING to prepare for this pandemic and your sole focus of your attacks is just one man

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    I am not trying to start an argument with you, but sorry stupid has no boundaries. The media of China is saying what we are wanting to hear. For the most part people are doing what they are told. The markets are still jammed pack with people. Some western style malls are still open and religious activity is going on more so than ever. Although India is in lockdown they are still nuts to butts on the street. I spend a lot of my vacation time in Asia countries and have gotten to know some pretty nice people who I stay in touch with. For the most, my time here in the Middle East I have been in isolation. Right now and for the past year I am located in a friendly area. I can actually walk off base and go to the mall or restaurant. Heck I can even buy alcohol if I want. Alcohol in a Muslim country is forbidden, but it is here. Iraq is in lockdown. No-one is supposed to have their business open but they do. One of my close friends from Thailand sent me a picture of her family at a temple. There was over a thousand people at this temple praying. We all make mistakes. Not one person is perfect in this world. On this forum we have the left and right throwing grenades at each other. We all do the hindsight thing and say we should have done it this way or that way. I love my Yankees, I love my Country and oh yeah I love my beer.
    Stupid has no boundaries, sure. I'm not arguing that. That said, I'm not buying for one second that people in China are gathering like Americans are. With the more oppressive government there, they aren't making the same mistakes. You're always going to have people who don't listen, irrespective of the country they live in. They're will always be isolated incidents of people gathering despite being told not to as well but Chinese people are listening to their government. Whether its out of fear of them or fear of the disease, the progression has slowed down there because they are focusing their efforts on social distancing and staying home.

    Americans are too but not to the extent they need to. You can love all that patriotic stuff. Doesn't make you a better American than anyone else. No, this isn't hindsight. They should have shut down NYC weeks before they did. They saw pockets of this stuff in Westchester county going back to early February. With all the people traveling back and forth to the city, they should have known it was a matter of time before all of this became a huge problem.

    Politicians unfortunately are reactive instead of proactive.

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,188
    And this is coming from someone who has been out of work for 3 weeks and not sure when i will get back to work. Luckily, i've been able to save some money because my job pays well (when it is working) and i dont have kids. I know i'm fortunate though. Most people don't have that luxury.

    I understand people want to get back to their everyday lives, back to work, etc. This **** is scary because there's not just the human toll in terms of sickness and death but the practical aspect of paying bills, the psychological effects of not leaving the house, etc. Its a cluster**** across the board.

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Treatment of 5 Critically Ill Patients With COVID-19 With Convalescent Plasma

    Preliminary COVID19 study in
    @JAMA_current

    - 5 critically ill pts. on mechanical ventilation
    - All treated w/ convalescent plasma w/ SARSCoV2 antibody
    - In 4/5, SOFA score⬇, viral loads⬇, ARDS resolved
    - All 5 stabilized, 3 at home

    Convalescent plasma is collected from patients who've recovered from COVID19 and is rich in antibodies essentially immunizing a sick patient with another person's antibodies.


    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...tcTflo.twitter
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-28-2020 at 02:52 PM.

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,188
    South Korea is seeing more people discharged than treated patients in hospitals as well and they are a democratic country. Some people just listen, observe and pay attention to things better.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Stupid has no boundaries, sure. I'm not arguing that. That said, I'm not buying for one second that people in China are gathering like Americans are. With the more oppressive government there, they aren't making the same mistakes. You're always going to have people who don't listen, irrespective of the country they live in. They're will always be isolated incidents of people gathering despite being told not to as well but Chinese people are listening to their government. Whether its out of fear of them or fear of the disease, the progression has slowed down there because they are focusing their efforts on social distancing and staying home.

    Americans are too but not to the extent they need to. You can love all that patriotic stuff. Doesn't make you a better American than anyone else. No, this isn't hindsight. They should have shut down NYC weeks before they did. They saw pockets of this stuff in Westchester county going back to early February. With all the people traveling back and forth to the city, they should have known it was a matter of time before all of this became a huge problem.

    Politicians unfortunately are reactive instead of proactive.
    Everyone sees things different. Everyone hears thing different. The person speaking may say one thing but you hear it different. I have first hand knowledge of what is going on in Asia and that includes China. I am not pointing my finger in one direction and laying blame anywhere. Yes things should have been done differently, but overall things are going very good. And yes I can be patriotic if I so please. By no means am I applying I am more so than the next person. Maybe the decisions that are being made are being made for a just cause. I don't know. I am nobody, so those reasons will never be shared with me. I will always assume those decisions are being made for the good of human kind. Sometimes I agree sometimes I disagree, either way I don't hate on anyone.

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook
    The 69-page document, finished in 2016, provided a step by step list of priorities – which were then ignored by the administration.
    President Donald Trump's administration was briefed on the playbook’s existence in 2017, said four former officials.

    By DAN DIAMOND and NAHAL TOOSI

    03/25/2020 08:00 PM EDT
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...council-149285

    Why?

    And New Yorkers failed to stay out of Florida.

    Why would the State with the most cases come to a State with more elderly people than anywhere in the lower 48?

    I hope you all Stay in NY until this passes...

    Geez, have some common sense......

    And that goes for any hotspot in the Country!

    Trump wants to stop the spread yet you have Governors in NY and Connecticut just allowing people to leave the State.....

    This is different times people....Is a month asking for too much?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  11. #821
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    Everyone sees things different. Everyone hears thing different. The person speaking may say one thing but you hear it different. I have first hand knowledge of what is going on in Asia and that includes China. I am not pointing my finger in one direction and laying blame anywhere. Yes things should have been done differently, but overall things are going very good. And yes I can be patriotic if I so please. By no means am I applying I am more so than the next person. Maybe the decisions that are being made are being made for a just cause. I don't know. I am nobody, so those reasons will never be shared with me. I will always assume those decisions are being made for the good of human kind. Sometimes I agree sometimes I disagree, either way I don't hate on anyone.
    I wouldn't consider a worldwide pandemic that has an indefinite timetable of going away and is focused mostly in the USA as things going "very good". I wouldn't call the record number of unemployment and financial ramifications this has had on the whole world as "very good" either. This is a bad situation with no end in sight. People are projecting with the hopes that there is a calendar date where we can collectively breathe a sigh of relief. We don't know that.

    People make a lot of selfish stupid decisions. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt just because. I'm not hating on anyone. Just pointing out something that Americans are uncomfortable with and that's any constructive criticism. We need to stay home, stay away from people, etc. Eventually this will pass but its going to take longer if we don't do what we need to do.

  12. #822
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Dr, you love to point fingers about Trump yet you ignore China’s atrocious response to the World....

    Why?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  13. #823
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    We aren't doomed. The spread will slow and less populated areas will be less affected provided they act accordingly.
    So Trump was correct when he said business could resume by Easter?

    Not every town and City is affected the same....
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  14. #824
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,188
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So Trump was correct when he said business could resume by Easter?

    Not every town and City is affected the same....
    No he isn't. Where did you get that from Kinko's post?

    It doesn't matter that all these towns and cities aren't affected equally. This is a pandemic where hot spots in different places are popping up everyday. The only way to stop the spread of the disease is to continue social distancing/staying at home and do it for an extended period of time.

    The president's idea of people going back to work by Easter is idiotic.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-28-2020 at 03:27 PM.

  15. #825
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, you love to point fingers about Trump yet you ignore China’s atrocious response to the World....

    Why?
    And you blindly defend him.

    I have already stated we can not trust China. Like many communist countries they dictate and control the flow of information. However what can't be denied is their response as verified by WHO and other world wide organizations. I was critical of their tactics, in a totalitarian regime you get away with draconian measures less tolerated in democracies.

    What I find of NO value is assigning blame in a time of crisis. We are all members of the human race.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •