Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 542 of 627 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No a main cause is something that conclusively contributes to higher case loads. Then you can say "hey its the protestors fault". Inconclusive is not definitive. If numbers were significantly higher among protestors tested, I would agree with you.
    Thatís the thing , how can the numbers amongst protesters not be low when testers are under orders to not ask if the people they tested have been to protests? Thatís like not being able to ask a group of drunks where they got their alcohol , there is no conclusive evidence that any of those people went to a bar but one can assume that not all of them got drunk at home or in a parking lot .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Thatís the thing , how can the numbers amongst protesters not be low when testers are under orders to not ask if the people they tested have been to protests? Thatís like not being able to ask a group of drunks where they got their alcohol , there is no conclusive evidence that any of those people went to a bar but one can assume that not all of them got drunk at home or in a parking lot .
    Those were the rules in NYC. I dont know if that was the case elsewhere. If the protests were a main factor, don't you think that with all the protesting going on in NY the number of positive cases would have skyrocketed?

Those were the rules in NYC. I dont know if that was the case elsewhere. If the protests were a main factor, don't you think that with all the protesting going on in NY the number of positive cases would have skyrocketed?
    The fact that even New Jersey is seeing increases in the viruses now , I do find it suspicious that New York hasnít seen any large increases by now . I mean now we learned that testers In ny were told not to ask people they tested if they had been to protests . That alone makes me thing they are underreporting cases in ny

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    The fact that even New Jersey is seeing increases in the viruses now , I do find it suspicious that New York hasnít seen any large increases by now . I mean now we learned that testers In ny were told not to ask people they tested if they had been to protests . That alone makes me thing they are underreporting cases in ny
    Its been a slight increase. 3 percent positivity rate as of Saturday compared to the 2% they were seeing previously. Not the huge increases they've seen in Florida, Texas and California.

They are testing people for COVID if you break a nail and are admitted to the hospital in NY. I'm exaggerating but the number of tests have increased significantly. Its hard for me to believe cases are going under-reported. We can argue the fallibility of the tests but that's a different subject.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    A Spike in People Dying at Home Suggests Coronavirus Deaths in Houston May Be Higher Than Reported

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    A Spike in People Dying at Home Suggests Coronavirus Deaths in Houston May Be Higher Than Reported

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Doesnít surprise me since hospitals are getting filled

I'm sorry but we're adults. I'll use whatever language I choose to.

That's great except for the fact that kids don't live in bubbles. They are around adults at school, around other kids, around adults at home, etc. Putting 57 million kids back to school can be a super spreader type environment. How conveniently you cut my post in half and didn't respond to that part. It's complete ignorance like drt said.
    Adults should be more, not less. Alas, back on topic.

Back to the topic, no one is saying folks should go anywhere when showing signs of illness. I am not saying put everything back to normal, but you are advocating for the ending of in-person school education and there does not seem to be a reason to support such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post

Back to the topic, no one is saying folks should go anywhere when showing signs of illness. I am not saying put everything back to normal, but you are advocating for the ending of in-person school education and there does not seem to be a reason to support such a thing.
    Think Petri dish.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Think Petri dish.
    Thanks!

Can occur anywhere. (Protests, SuperMarket, Work, School, etc)

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Schools are unique environments. Densely packed (small classrooms and narrow halls), poor ventilation, wild kids easily distracted (3 min attention spans), wild kids who think social distancing is a new STD, I think you get the pic. Some schools are not physically equipped to accommodate many guidelines, old and antiquated.

My question... what is the rush? If there is any doubt at all, err on the side of caution!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    What would have been truly awesome is to see someone throw a hard cross square into his chin and him crumple.
    This dudes with the arms by their sides, chest puffed out and yelling are hysterically easy KOs

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You're welcome.

Schools are unique environments. Densely packed (small classrooms and narrow halls), poor ventilation, wild kids easily distracted (3 min attention spans), wild kids who think social distancing is a new STD, I think you get the pic. Some schools are not physically equipped to accommodate many guidelines, old and antiquated.

My question... what is the rush? If there is any doubt at all, err on the side of caution!
    1) I'd say most kids are used to the distancing
    2) No one is saying business as normal, so there will be some changes
    3) School neglect is a whole different topic
    4) I don't see it as rushing. Other first world nations have opened up. Keeping out kids out of that environment is not helping. It's putting the kids further behind the rest of the world and increasing the human body's natural need to be social which in itself causes a whole slough of other issues (potentially worse than COVID)

Massachusetts is talking about shifts.
    Certain kids go to school for things that need to be in person, labs, art, gym... They go for a week and take those classes all week, essentially tripling the time. Same school hours but only the classes needed to be taken in person.

This kids leave and are out of school 2 weeks and they take classes online. Thus they are quarantined after their time at school until it's seen they can safely return.

Personally, I think that's the best way.

This isn't just about kids getting sick. It's about them being asymptomatic and spreading it to parents who may have preexisting issues or grandparents and other family members who do

Ignorance is bliss

Thanks!

Yes

But kids are gross, hyper, little germ factories. (Buggers flying, coughing on each ofter, sneezing snot on one another while running around having a great time) When they are together, social distancing is more difficult base on sheer energy level and a lack of awareness. Especially in a school environment.

Ignorance is bliss