Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 540 of 627 FirstFirst ... 40440490530538539540541542550590 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 9393
  1. #8086
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Considering the case load has actually decreased (significantly) in NYC, whats the explanation for that if protestors are such a breeding ground? NYC has been protesting since the beginning of June so its not like this virus hasn't had an incubation period. Clearly it has.
    You clearly did not see the article that was just posted that said testers in nyc were told to not ask people if they were at protests .

  2. #8087
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Are you really that ignorant that you think there were no protests here in Florida ?
    Oh and btw the same mayor in Cali that said the protests were a cause of the virus didnít close the beaches in his district during the holiday. So where is your outrage for him?
    No one claimed the protests didn't contribute. My contention was they were a factor BUT not the primary factor as you would like us all to believe!

  3. #8088
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    That is baloney and you know it . You were one of the people who posted a study claiming that the protests werenít a cause of the large spikes .
    No I was arguing you and Mush's claim that protests were the main cause for the uptick in numbers. The science didn't support that. You wanted to create the narrative that it was a problem the left created.

    Again if the virus is so prevalent among protestors why have NYC's numbers gone down since June? People have been protesting here since a couple of days after Floyd was murdered and that was in late May.

  4. #8089
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No I was arguing you and Mush's claim that protests were the main cause for the uptick in numbers. The science didn't support that. You wanted to create the narrative that it was a problem the left created.

    Again if the virus is so prevalent among protestors why have NYC's numbers gone down since June? People have been protesting here since a couple of days after Floyd was murdered and that was in late May.

    And guess what that science was just disproven by a government official .

    As for your question , look at the article that was just posted that said that the testers in NY were told by state officialS to not ask people if they had gone to any protests .then there is the fact that a lot of the protesters were from out of state and have gone elsewhere like to Florida and Cali
    Last edited by Posada20; 07-08-2020 at 07:25 PM.

  5. #8090
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,682
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I mean it's really a simple thing, and stores absolutely have a right to deny service. Just like stores that have signs, no shirt no shoes no service..etc.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    As stated earlier, many of the people refusing to wear masks and complaining about it, are likely pro life
    So they will protect an unborn child but not everyone around them.

    It is simple and itís not a big deal. If you are going to be within 6 feet of people, wear a mask.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #8091
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You clearly did not see the article that was just posted that said testers in nyc were told to not ask people if they were at protests .
    I read the same article you did. I draw a different conclusion. The contact tracers were asked to protect the privacy and civil liberties of people being interviewed. As I quoted:" City and state officials appear to be striking a fine balance between making pandemic-related assessments, on the one hand, and supporting protests against racism and police violence, on the other."

  7. #8092
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,143
    Japan has less than 1,000 covid deaths.

    They never went in to full economic shut down. They have an unemployment rate of 2.6%.

    How did they do it? Virtually everybody wears a mask.

    Some Americans have no idea how ****ing stupid we look on the world stage.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  8. #8093
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I read the same article you did. I draw a different conclusion. The contact tracers were asked to protect the privacy and civil liberties of people being interviewed. As I quoted:" City and state officials appear to be striking a fine balance between making pandemic-related assessments, on the one hand, and supporting protests against racism and police violence, on the other."

    That is just PC for a mass cover up . Of course they wonít ask if they have been to protests or it would destroy the media narrative that protests were not a contributor to the spikes in the virus .

  9. #8094
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    As stated earlier, many of the people refusing to wear masks and complaining about it, are likely pro life
    So they will protect an unborn child but not everyone around them.

    It is simple and itís not a big deal. If you are going to be within 6 feet of people, wear a mask.
    Well I mean ''pro lifers'' are usually Republicans.

    Those same Republicans like to cut money from the services that human life might need as they grow.

    So I don't like to call them pro lifers, they are pro birthers who give no ****s after you're born.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #8095
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Japan has less than 1,000 covid deaths.

    They never went in to full economic shut down. They have an unemployment rate of 2.6%.

    How did they do it? Virtually everybody wears a mask.

    Some Americans have no idea how ****ing stupid we look on the world stage.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There also havenít been countrywide protests going on for nearly 2 months in japan

  11. #8096
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Are you really that ignorant that you think there were no protests here in Florida ?
    Oh and btw the same mayor in Cali that said the protests were a cause of the virus didnít close the beaches in his district during the holiday. So where is your outrage for him?
    Oh and Jorge I would be very careful about calling someone ignorant that happens to hold an opposing view. You could easily be reported. But unlike you I don't report posts or posters I happen to disagree with.

  12. #8097
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Oh and Jorge I would be very careful about calling someone ignorant that happens to hold an opposing view. You could easily be reported. But unlike you I don't report posts or posters I happen to disagree with.
    I never called you ignorant I said you couldnít be so ignorant As to think there were no protests here in Florida .

  13. #8098
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    There also havenít been countrywide protests going on for nearly 2 months in japan
    You would like to believe that. But Japan has a cultural inclination to protect each other. Wearing a mask is common place, accepted and encourage by the government. It considered a civic responsibility.

  14. #8099
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And guess what that science was just disproven by a government official .

    As for your question , look at the article that was just posted that said that the testers in NY were told by state officialS to not ask people if they had gone to any protests .then there is the fact that a lot of the protesters were from out of state and have gone elsewhere like to Florida and Cali
    Ironic you accuse others of not reading btw.

    "I talked again with [Director of Public Health] Dr Barbara Ferrer about that this morning. She does think some of the spread did come from our protests,' the mayor told reporters. "
    Operative word there is some. Not the main cause like you kept on and on about.

    Later in the article...

    We follow the data closely. There's no evidence yet that the protests led to much spread though it's something that Dr Ferrer has hypothesized, but we haven't seen any conclusive evidence there,' he said.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-08-2020 at 07:39 PM.

  15. #8100
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,143
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You would like to believe that. But Japan has a cultural inclination to protect each other. Wearing a mask is common place, accepted and encourage by the government. It considered a civic responsibility.
    My wife is Jamaican/Chinese.

    I can confirm what Dr. T saying to be true about Asian culture as a whole.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •