Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 539 of 627 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 9393
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    NYC's contact tracers have been told not to ask people if they've attended a protest

https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-....co/PBHKevCrSw

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti now admits protests in the city DID lead to a spike in coronavirus cases after he previously insisted there was no link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mpression=true

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Neither above is any Suprise to me, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Right. It was such a dumb take too. Having pity on the guy not wearing a mask. I want to call people out when I see them in grocery stores or gas stations without one, but I don't bc it isn't worth it.

NC has mandated mask wearing inside public places yet I still see plenty of people here not wearing them.
    I mean it's really a simple thing, and stores absolutely have a right to deny service. Just like stores that have signs, no shirt no shoes no service..etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Just now ???
    No I always had the inclination, he's just consistently confirmed it over the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti now admits protests in the city DID lead to a spike in coronavirus cases after he previously insisted there was no link

Wow how about that , protests are a main cause of the spikes in the virus . Who would have thought that large groups of people gathered together could spread the virus . I mean it isn’t a coincidence that the vast majority of new cases are of the ages from 17 to 34 . Same age group that made up a vast majority of protesters. At the very least this PROVES that those studies that people were harping about before are not totally accurate and therefore UNRELIABLE like I said
    Last edited by Posada20; 07-08-2020 at 06:22 PM.

I mean it's really a simple thing, and stores absolutely have a right to deny service. Just like stores that have signs, no shirt no shoes no service..etc.

Agree with you and 28. It really is selfish and self centered. Has nothing to do with civil liberty or constitutional right. Its for others protection. The only way to curtail the spread!

NYC's contact tracers have been told not to ask people if they've attended a protest

https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-....co/PBHKevCrSw

Look at that deblasio and cuomo covering up the numbers of infected . Now we know why New York is doing so “well” with the virus . So much for that good news that dr was preaching before

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Look at that deblasio and cuomo covering up the numbers of infected . Now we know why New York is doing so “well” with the virus . So much for that good news that dr was preaching before
    Is that what was reported? Maybe I'm old and my vision is failing, but what I read:

City and state officials appear to be striking a fine balance between making pandemic-related assessments, on the one hand, and supporting protests against racism and police violence, on the other.

On June 8, daily cases hit an all-time low, at just 2% of the city population.

Days later, on June 11, de Blasio said the three-day moving average for new cases rose one point to 3% — suggesting that mass protests are not leading to large outbreaks.

No way

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Wow how about that , protests are a main cause of the spikes in the virus . Who would have thought that large groups of people gathered together could spread the virus . I mean it isn’t a coincidence that the vast majority of new cases are of the ages from 17 to 34 . Same age group that made up a vast majority of protesters. At the very least this PROVES that those studies that people were harping about before are not totally accurate and therefore UNRELIABLE like I said
    Not as big a coincidence as you would like us to believe. Also the same age group of Floridians partying on the beach, clubs and bars in South Florida. So what is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Not as big a coincidence as you would like us to believe. Also the same age group of Floridians partying on the beach, clubs and bars in South Florida. So what is your point?
    Are you really that ignorant that you think there were no protests here in Florida ?
    Oh and btw the same mayor in Cali that said the protests were a cause of the virus didn’t close the beaches in his district during the holiday. So where is your outrage for him?
    Last edited by Posada20; 07-08-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Is that what was reported? Maybe I'm old and my vision is failing, but what I read:

City and state officials appear to be striking a fine balance between making pandemic-related assessments, on the one hand, and supporting protests against racism and police violence, on the other.

On June 8, daily cases hit an all-time low, at just 2% of the city population.

Days later, on June 11, de Blasio said the three-day moving average for new cases rose one point to 3% — suggesting that mass protests are not leading to large outbreaks.
    My thing is no one was claiming that protests weren't a contributing factor to the spread. The studies you and I have linked said that among the protestors that were tested, their rate of positivity was consistent with non protestors.

One city doesn't make for a true claim either. Tell me multiple cities (who protested) have a significant increase in positive tests and then there is at least a consistent trail.

Considering the case load has actually decreased (significantly) in NYC, whats the explanation for that if protestors are such a breeding ground? NYC has been protesting since the beginning of June so its not like this virus hasn't had an incubation period. Clearly it has.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    My thing is no one was claiming that protests weren't a contributing factor to the spread. The studies you and I have linked said that among the protestors that were tested, their rate of positivity was consistent with non protestors.

One city doesn't make for a true claim either. Tell me multiple cities (who protested) have a significant increase in positive tests and then there is at least a consistent trail.
    That is baloney and you know it . You were one of the people who posted a study claiming that the protests weren’t a cause of the large spikes .