Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 538 of 627 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548588 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    President Trump threatens to cut federal aid if schools donít reopen
    BY AP WIRE SERVICE, UPDATED AT 10:17AM, JULY 8, 2020

WASHINGTON ó President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to withhold federal funding if schools donít reopen in the fall, and he lashed out at federal health officials over school reopening guidelines that he says are impractical and expensive.

ďThe Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election,Ē President Trump said, ďbut is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!Ē

ďTrump has proven to be incapable of grasping that people are dying ó that more than 130,000 Americans have already died,Ē said Lily Eskelsen GarcŪa, president of the National Education Association. ďEducators want nothing more than to be back in classrooms and on college campuses with our students, but we must do it in a way that keeps students, educators and communities safe.Ē

https://fox6now.com/2020/07/08/presi...s-dont-reopen/

Clearly, imo, someone is making this very political. Someone cares more about an election than the safety of millions of kids, their teachers and administrators. Someone is pushing the issue and again drawing up sides. Let's see who the sycophants really are and who will stand up for the safety of their constituents.

57 million kids attend schools.
    In Trump's world this virus doesn't exist. That's basically why he wants to de-fund testing, why he insults the importance of testing, why he openly disparages the CDC, why he's not on the same page with the people advising him, etc. His main focus right now is re-election. That comes before anything. He could give 2 ***** if his plans caused hundreds of thousands of new infections. He would just point to the data that says the virus has become less deadly and somehow declare that a win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9zPU7xS-U

Cuomo already said that its a state decision and I expect other states to say the same thing. I am sure there will be some states that try to appease Trump and open on time but a vast majority (you would hope) are going to use the fluid data given to them before they decide on exposing millions of people to the virus.

In Trump's mind it goes "Well they're kids so they won't die from it". That's how ****ing stupid this man is.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-08-2020 at 02:48 PM.

57 million kids attend schools.
    And hardly any of them have died for COVID

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ∑ 5h
    In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!

The reality,

New cases, yesterday:

Germany: 298
    Denmark: 10
    Norway: 11
    Sweden: 57

United States: 55,442
    How many were tested yesterday for each?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    And hardly any of them have died for COVID
    Who gives a ****? Why expose one kid prematurely when they don't have to?

Do you forget that its a virus? Those kids can transmit it to every member of their household, who those people (if they work) can spread it to their coworkers, etc. Not to mention the 10,000s of thousands of adults who work in the school system you potentially expose.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-08-2020 at 02:47 PM.

I have come to a realization. Trump doesn't want to be president. He doesn't really want or like the job. He doesn't want to govern, lead or make the very difficult decisions.

What he likes is PLAYING the president on TV and social media. He loves that captive twitter audience. What he craves is the narcissistic supply playing president provides. The power and prestige. The cheering crowds. He requires a constant supply to feel whole.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Do you forget that its a virus? Those kids can transmit it to every member of their household, who those people (if they work) can spread it to their coworkers, etc. Not to mention the 10,000s of thousands of adults who work in the school system you potentially expose.
    Ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Please try to watch your language.

Folks are exposed to stuff all the time. We are always making choices based on risk. The numbers indicate it's not a big risk for kids.

I have come to a realization. Trump doesn't want to be president. He doesn't really want or like the job. He doesn't want to govern, lead or make the very difficult decisions.

What he likes is PLAYING the president on TV and social media. He loves that captive twitter audience. What he craves is the narcissistic supply playing president provides. The power and prestige. The cheering crowds. He requires a constant supply to feel whole.
    Then he should be pandering to the Left

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Please try to watch your language.

Folks are exposed to stuff all the time. We are always making choices based on risk. The numbers indicate it's not a big risk for kids.
    I'm sorry but we're adults. I'll use whatever language I choose to.

That's great except for the fact that kids don't live in bubbles. They are around adults at school, around other kids, around adults at home, etc. Putting 57 million kids back to school can be a super spreader type environment. How conveniently you cut my post in half and didn't respond to that part. It's complete ignorance like drt said.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    It is because I move the needle.

You canít figure it out?

But I really see how people are on here and I have lost a lot of respect to some I actually like to debate with during the baseball season. Unfortunately I see right through them with regards to politics and Iím not going to mention any names. I have never had any ill feeling towards anybody because of an opinion of theirs. But that is what some have of me.

Iím just about done with anything to do with this forum. Not this particular thread but the entire forum. Once you are dead to me you are dead. And Iím not unning away just because of peopleís opinion of Trump. I donít care What they think of Trump. It is their opinion and I respect that. But to associate with anybody on here that puts me in the same basket as ignorant racist people was the end of the line for me with this forum. I canít do it anymore.

And to say Iíll be back in a few hours is just assumption once again.

Once I go I donít look back. And nobody ran me out. So donít think somebody bullied my *** out of here.

I should have just kept my opinions to Yankee Baseball. But I canít even go there anymore as I would still see some who I now lost respect for. And again, I didnít lose respect for opinions of Trump. I lost respect for how I was perceived and perception is not a reality.
    Well there it is, your deluded. And a cultist.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 07-08-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Just now ???

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Trump Pushed CIA to Give Intelligence to Kremlin, While Taking No Action Against Russia Arming Taliban

https://www.justsecurity.org/71279/t...rming-taliban/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What is wrong with the man getting pissed?

All that person should have done, and I love how they assumed it was an elderly person like that really matters, was to tell management about the guy not wearing a mask and let THEM handle it. But when you have people like that filming others and starting trouble you could possibly get the person who is not a happy person that day and doesnít want to be bothered with.

Tha dumbass got what he deserved. He poked the wrong bear.

Again, let management handle it. Pretty simple. And then you make a comment on free speech with regards to a goddamn t-shirt is also ridiculous.

PEOPLE in this Country is making everything political, and I mean EVERYTHING.

That video was a perfect example on how idiotic people are. And yes, he was being harassed with the phone and camera. That is what pissed him off.

But the narrative and the spin job is he was not wearing a mask, he has a t shirt on that the opposition doesnít like and he has a temper and he gets angry with a so called elderly person. Where is the proof it was an old person? Good ole Billy just puts it in there just to add more effect.

What a crock of crap.

And all that person had to do was to notify management and let them handle the issue.
    Ok mush

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ok mush
    Mush should be the last person talking about people making things political. I don't think there is another person on this forum who makes things more political than he does, lol.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Mush should be the last person talking about people making things political. I don't think there is another person on this forum who makes things more political than he does, lol.

Right. It was such a dumb take too. Having pity on the guy not wearing a mask. I want to call people out when I see them in grocery stores or gas stations without one, but I don't bc it isn't worth it.

NC has mandated mask wearing inside public places yet I still see plenty of people here not wearing them.