Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 627 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 9393
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,803
    We need to get this curve flattened soon or we are doomed!
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  2. #782
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,803
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  3. #783
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,464
    Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook
    The 69-page document, finished in 2016, provided a step by step list of priorities – which were then ignored by the administration.
    President Donald Trump's administration was briefed on the playbook’s existence in 2017, said four former officials.

    By DAN DIAMOND and NAHAL TOOSI

    03/25/2020 08:00 PM EDT
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...council-149285

    Why?
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-28-2020 at 10:40 AM.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,266
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, Clown,

    I know we have it here. I know it is bad. I’m not arguing that.

    My arguments are with China’s numbers and how we surpassed them.

    The spin comes out now. The US has surpassed China...

    Why are we even mentioning their numbers to begin with?

    They are far from correct yet the media will still use theirs for a comparison to the US and that is a SPIN JOB!
    Mush, this is an awesome post and I get it. Where our opinions differ is in how much swing there is and why it matters.
    Do I think it's completely eradicated in China? No. Do I think they have it flattened and under control? Yes.
    Will China be completely honest? No
    Is our leader? No.
    Are Spain and Italy? Yes/.

    In no way do I believe this is any one person's fault or even one countries fault. Even if China went into lockdown and had been totally honest, it still would have gotten out because people who were asymptomatic would have left, would have been on a cargo ship, on a plane...
    Was it wrong they didn't come right out and give full disclosure? Yes
    Would it have stopped it? No. That is why I say, it doesn't matter how it started. It would have hit here no matter what and with the way our federal government is handling it, it would still have hit here hard.

    I think his handling of this has led to misinformation, a false sense of security as on display in Fla, NOLA and many other places.
    The lack of immediate response has hurt our chances of containment.
    His saying we have tests when we didn't hurt things. His contradicting the experts hurt efforts.

    That's it.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,266
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook
    The 69-page document, finished in 2016, provided a step by step list of priorities – which were then ignored by the administration.
    President Donald Trump's administration was briefed on the playbook’s existence in 2017, said four former officials.

    By DAN DIAMOND and NAHAL TOOSI

    03/25/2020 08:00 PM EDT
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...council-149285

    Why?
    It doesn't matter who the president is, why didn't he follow this is the question? Why did he not listen to experts?



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We need to get this curve flattened soon or we are doomed!
    Our lives will change economically. But maybe we all be better off if we become more humble, less materialistic, and more concerned with the well being of not just us.
    I

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,266
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We need to get this curve flattened soon or we are doomed!
    We aren't doomed. The spread will slow and less populated areas will be less affected provided they act accordingly.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It doesn't matter who the president is, why didn't he follow this is the question? Why did he not listen to experts?
    Because he has a better brain with the best words.

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What is truly UnAmerican is trashing your own country while praising an oppressive communist country like china . It’s one thing to express your freedom in disagreeing with your govt here in the US but it’s utterly just ridiculous to praise China , when it was their piss poor effort months ago that caused the pandemic to get so bad
    Hey genius, What did I praise about china? Did I praise their system of government and say I wish we had hot? Nope
    Did I praise their economy or social system? Nope.
    Did I praise anything other than their response to the virus? Nope

    Dd I say anything negative about our country aside from it's crappy response to the virus? Nope


    Do you whine like a baby whose rattle got taken? Yep
    Do you cry unamerican because you are to ignorant to wrap you head around any other concept than the one you have impacted your head in? Yep
    Are you inbred and wearing a mega hat? Most likely.
    Are you a fascist? Yep.
    Are you worshipping a false idol? Yep.

    So I will gladly agree that in your ignorant, xenophobic, homophobic, racist eyes, that I am un-american.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,266
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Because he has a better brain with the best words.
    Yuge point. I love it!



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    45,266
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Our lives will change economically. But maybe we all be better off if we become more humble, less materialistic, and more concerned with the well being of not just us.
    I
    Yep.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hey genius, What did I praise about china? Did I praise their system of government and say I wish we had hot? Nope
    Did I praise their economy or social system? Nope.
    Did I praise anything other than their response to the virus? Nope

    Dd I say anything negative about our country aside from it's crappy response to the virus? Nope


    Do you whine like a baby whose rattle got taken? Yep
    Do you cry unamerican because you are to ignorant to wrap you head around any other concept than the one you have impacted your head in? Yep
    Are you inbred and wearing a mega hat? Most likely.
    Are you a fascist? Yep.
    Are you worshipping a false idol? Yep.

    So I will gladly agree that in your ignorant, xenophobic, homophobic, racist eyes, that I am un-american.
    Don't feed the trolls. Ignore him.

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Because he has a better brain with the best words.
    Yeah beautiful words and great speaking got a lot done during the Obama years right ? Lol

  14. #794
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah beautiful words and great speaking got a lot done during the Obama years right ? Lol
    What joy do you derive in constant argument ? What joy do you believe it provides you ? I understand that the personality traits that can make a great sports fan, defiance of the facts to support a team in bad times, the loyalty to a certain player or team despite performance, the willingness to argue with supporters of other teams, the willingness to root for a uniform and hate an umpires call despite facts the umpire is correct is great for the entertainment of sports. Sports is an escape. However, those same attributes don't serve us well when coming to real world politics and issues. Stop engaging me I won't discuss politics further. However, if you engage with me it will be me discussing why you behave the way you do. So if that will offend you realize your making a decision to do so for which you can't later complain to a moderator about. I am telling you the deal before hand

  15. #795
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It doesn't matter who the president is, why didn't he follow this is the question? Why did he not listen to experts?
    True. Why is my question.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •