Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 516 of 627 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 9393
  1. #7726
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Not many Presidents are complicit with an enemy state endangering our soldiers. I mean that is worse then Benghazi. Where is the outrage. But in my opinion, Posada and RRZ should only get minimal attention. Do their opinions merit so much response ? I limit my interaction here to no more then 5 posts daily and no more then half hour of viewing every other few days. Like my mother told me ď You canít argue with crazy people ď. Instead we should try to prevent people who are so ignorant. Donate to public broadcasting so that reasonable knowledgeable voices may reach their family members for example.
    As a mod I have a responsibility to read every post in it's entirety. You are correct about arguing with crazy folk. I don't feel or believe that is the case with either Posada or my good friend Nicky. Both tend to be contrarians and often comment for no other reason than balance and to elicit a response. I completely disagree most of the time. However sometimes it's important to fact check or at a minimum point out inconsistency.

    I have been a member of PBS since the early 80's.
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-30-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin




  2. #7727
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,085
    Anyone else looking forward to the day were not talking politics, diseases, protesters ect...

  3. #7728
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to the day were not talking politics, diseases, protesters ect...
    You seek the elusive .....Utopia.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin




  4. #7729
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,233
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    There is no difference just because it is a PROTEST. People would still spread it. And to even lower the risks BECAUSE OF A PROTESTS and call it necessary is a terrible excuse on your part. And basically putting the protest in the necessity camp is just dumb.

    The damn virus doesnít know it is a protest.

    Geez, thought you had more brains than that but apparently you just keep this virus ALL POLITICAL.
    Yes there is a difference. There's a difference between going to get your car washed and protesting systemic racism that has killed millions of people throughout the course of history. I'm sorry you're too caught up in your own narrative to see that but they aren't remotely the same thing.

    Yes, ******* cops like Derek Chauvin (and the 3 other officers that did nothing) sitting on George Floyd's neck for 9 minutes caused this. Well, if anything it just motivated large groups of people to finally say enough is enough. Enough racial profiling, enough with police brutality, enough with the idea that if you're black you're guilty before until proven innocent, etc.

    Do you honestly even know why people are protesting? When you ask questions like that I question if you understand anything that doesn't come from Fox News.

  5. #7730
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,394
    Mush washing his car has a much lower risk of covid spread than protests do.

  6. #7731
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,233
    The point was you don't need to go get your car washed. Just like you don't need to go to a bar or sit in a restaurant. Leisure activities and protesting are not the same thing despite Mush's constant contention that they are.

  7. #7732
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to the day were not talking politics, diseases, protesters ect...
    I have had my fill of those discussions , I just have lost the will to talk about those things .

  8. #7733
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I have had my fill of those discussions , I just have lost the will to talk about those things .
    I found it. Shouldn't leave it unattended.

    I have a feeling once BB is in full swing this thread will slow to a halt. It served as a necessary diversion during a difficult time. We are no where near out of the woods. Stay safe my friend.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin




  9. #7734
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,189
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If I had more time Iíd write a list of all Presidentís and their stupid decisions that they had made.

    Trump is no different than the rest.
    No mush
    Heís very, very different. They all made tons of mistakes
    They didnít berate and belittle foreign leaders and talk trash about one to the other. They didnít use misogynistic with women leaders of allied nations. They didnít make up statistics regarding a pandemic. They didnít use inflammatory racist language to ignite their bases. They didnít tear gas peacefully gathered protestors for photo ops with a bible. They didnít grab women by the ***** and brag about it They didnít twigged injecting yourself with disinfectant. They didnít lie about a pandemic by saying, it wonít come here or we beat it. They didnít blame everyone under the sun for anything that didnít go their way
    They didnít use nazi symbols in their ads. They didnít accuse people of being terrorists based on hypothetical concepts from an amino blog. They never threatened extreme violence to people protesting
    They didnít ignore a report suggesting Russia was buying deaths of us soldiers

    They made mistakes. Trump makes mistakes. Mistakes are fine

    Trump is a horrible person, a horrible leader and has no accountability for anyone he hurts

    They make mistakes Trump is a mistake He is so far beyond bad that itís Undefinable



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #7735
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I found it. Shouldn't leave it unattended.

    I have a feeling once BB is in full swing this thread will slow to a halt. It served as a necessary diversion during a difficult time. We are no where near out of the woods. Stay safe my friend.
    Donít have to tell me twice , havenít been sleeping well lately

  11. #7736
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    .

  12. #7737
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Donít have to tell me twice , havenít been sleeping well lately
    Nyquil will do the trick.

  13. #7738
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes there is a difference. There's a difference between going to get your car washed and protesting systemic racism that has killed millions of people throughout the course of history. I'm sorry you're too caught up in your own narrative to see that but they aren't remotely the same thing.

    Yes, ******* cops like Derek Chauvin (and the 3 other officers that did nothing) sitting on George Floyd's neck for 9 minutes caused this. Well, if anything it just motivated large groups of people to finally say enough is enough. Enough racial profiling, enough with police brutality, enough with the idea that if you're black you're guilty before until proven innocent, etc.

    Do you honestly even know why people are protesting? When you ask questions like that I question if you understand anything that doesn't come from Fox News.
    You basically try to tell me 2+2=5

    Iím not arguing about the damn protests. I already said I have no issue.

    My arguments is protests have caused spread of the coronavirus as well. And just because their is a reason to protests doesnít make it more safe than going to the beach. It is the same damn thing with regards to Covid. But in your eyes since it is a protest that you support then there is no worry with Covid and that is ridiculous!
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

    1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four


  14. #7739
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,233
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You basically try to tell me 2+2=5

    Iím not arguing about the damn protests. I already said I have no issue.

    My arguments is protests have caused spread of the coronavirus as well. And just because their is a reason to protests doesnít make it more safe than going to the beach. It is the same damn thing with regards to Covid. But in your eyes since it is a protest that you support then there is no worry with Covid and that is ridiculous!
    No your argument was the protests were the main cause of the spread. I dont think anyone would argue that protests contribute to the spread. Insert any action here seems to contribute.

    The scientific research they've done (so far) suggests the protestors are as likely to have the virus as someone who is not protesting and doing everyday activities.

    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/protes...s-study-finds/

    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...searchers-say/

    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...pikes-n1232045

    https://coloradosun.com/2020/06/30/p...avirus-spread/

    https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/06/...-did-protests/

    https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/87148

    On the other hand, it shows how dangerous other forms of carelessness can be: If our increase in cases isnít due to the protests, itís due to other factors. That means indoor transmission is the culprit ó at bars and restaurants, all types of workplaces, and in our homes. We need to be vigilant in those places: Closed spaces with poor ventilation are especially dangerous.

    Outdoor protests, though? I think we can safely conclude: They werenít the source of our worrying coronavirus growth.
    How much more evidence would you need?

  15. #7740
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You basically try to tell me 2+2=5

    Iím not arguing about the damn protests. I already said I have no issue.

    My arguments is protests have caused spread of the coronavirus as well. And just because their is a reason to protests doesnít make it more safe than going to the beach. It is the same damn thing with regards to Covid. But in your eyes since it is a protest that you support then there is no worry with Covid and that is ridiculous!
    No Nick another example of your propensity for false equivalencies. I don't believe anyone is making that argument or claim. Most believe they were a contributing factor, but NOT a primary factor. There is research evidence to support the position.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •