Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 510 of 627 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 9393
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So the new flavor of the month is coronavirus.

No more George Floyd issues.

Whatever is the headline, huh?
    Almost 9k cases in one day in Fla, It should be the headline.

Ignorance is bliss

According to Johns Hopkins University's at least 125,045 people have died in the U.S. from Covid.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And thank you to the PROTESTERS, the ones who were not social distancing and not wearing masks. These protests started 3 weeks ago.....the uptick in Florida just increased 7 days ago.....

Hmmmmmmmm
    Nicky I know you and Jorge love to spin that narrative, but it's just not supported.

Large protests not responsible for rise in Florida's COVID-19 cases, state health experts say
    By Craig Patrick Published 1 day ago Updated 23 hours ago Coronavirus in Florida FOX 13 News

TAMPA, Fla. - Research indicates large protests are not responsible for the current COVID-19 spike in Florida, or in other states experiencing a surge in new cases.

In Florida, Governor Ron DeSantis has repeatedly dismissed the protests as a source for the state’s increase in community spread.......The state’s health experts are finding a pattern that leads not to outdoor protests, but to indoor establishments where young adults socialize and drink.
    https://www.fox13news.com/news/large...th-experts-say
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Of course they are all gonna say the protests are not a source of the spike from the virus , it’s part of the narrative to keep the protests going . And I find it ironic you are quoting desantis when just yesterday you said you could not stand him

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nicky I know you and Jorge love to spin that narrative, but it's just not supported.

Large protests not responsible for rise in Florida's COVID-19 cases, state health experts say
    By Craig Patrick Published 1 day ago Updated 23 hours ago Coronavirus in Florida FOX 13 News

TAMPA, Fla. - Research indicates large protests are not responsible for the current COVID-19 spike in Florida, or in other states experiencing a surge in new cases.

In Florida, Governor Ron DeSantis has repeatedly dismissed the protests as a source for the state’s increase in community spread.......The state’s health experts are finding a pattern that leads not to outdoor protests, but to indoor establishments where young adults socialize and drink.
    https://www.fox13news.com/news/large...th-experts-say
    I don't buy that for a second. It's just everyone being PC. Don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings saying protests have nothing to do w the rise in numbers. There's no way they can't be a big factor, along with places reopening.

[QUOTE=goingfor28;33513271]I don't buy that for a second. It's just everyone being PC. Don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings saying protests have nothing to do w the rise in numbers. There's no way they can't be a big factor, along with places reopening.[/

Careful you might be lumped with me and mush after saying that

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Of course they are all gonna say the protests are not a source of the spike from the virus , it’s part of the narrative to keep the protests going . And I find it ironic you are quoting desantis when just yesterday you said you could not stand him
    It is the IRONY that motivated me to quote DeSantis!! Your own guy, your governor is disagreeing with you! Is that enough for you to admit your error in assumption?

For the record, I still can't stand DeSantis. I might change my perspective once he removes his head from tRumps sphincter, and tones down his arrogance.

It is the IRONY that motivated me to quote DeSantis!! Your own guy, your governor is disagreeing with you! Is that enough for you to admit your error in assumption?

For the record, I still can't stand DeSantis. I might change my perspective once he removes his head from tRumps sphincter, and tones down his arrogance.

Goingfor28 said it perfectly , it’s desantis and others being PC

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't buy that for a second. It's just everyone being PC. Don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings saying protests have nothing to do w the rise in numbers. There's no way they can't be a big factor, along with places reopening.
    28 is it any less PC to say young people are being irresponsible indoors drinking and ignoring social distancing? The state health dept. has begun contact tracing, the numbers suggest otherwise. I am not suggesting the protests didn't add to the spike, just not the primary or root cause for the rapid acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Goingfor28 said it perfectly , it’s desantis and others being PC
    In a paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), several authors analyze the effects major Black Lives Matter protests had on city populations and found that the amount of new cases was offset by individuals who elected not to march and opted to continue social distancing.

The study was conducted by observing 315 major U.S cities; protests took place in 281 of them, and did not occur in the other 34. Protests were also differentiated by how long demonstrations lasted, as well as if any violent activities occurred at the time.

“We find no evidence that urban protests reignited COVID-19 case growth during the more than two and a half weeks following protest onset,” the researchers write. “We conclude that predictions of broad negative public health consequences of Black Lives Matter protests were far too narrowly conceived.”

Using anonymously reported smartphone data collected by Safe Graph, the researchers were able to analyze the movement of 45 million individuals during protests. Confirmed case data was sourced from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

“While it is possible that the protests caused an increase in the spread of COVID-19 among those who attended the protests, we demonstrate that the protests had little effect on the spread of COVID-19 for the entire population of the counties with protests during the more than three weeks following protest onset. In most cases, the estimated longer-run effect (post-21 days) was negative, though not statistically distinguishable from zero,” the authors write. https://www.nber.org/papers/w27408
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-27-2020 at 08:41 AM.

28 is it any less PC to say young people are being irresponsible indoors drinking and ignoring social distancing? The state health dept. has begun contact tracing, the numbers suggest otherwise. I am not suggesting the protests didn't add to the spike, just not the primary or root cause for the rapid acceleration.
    I'm saying it as in, BLM protests are supported everywhere, so of course they'll say they had little to no cause on the covid increase.
    Trump rallies, bars reopening, etc were mostly not supported, so easy to just blame those as the cause of the increase.
    That is all. This is probably the one area that I fully the "numbers" or "studies" are total BS. There's no way protests didn't have just as much to do with the increase as any other non social distancing activity.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Russia reportedly paid Taliban-linked militants bounty money to kill American troops

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...anistan-2020-6

So much for him caring about our troops. Unfit to lead.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

It was russia paying bounties to kill both nato and American troops . And the info was giving to trump right at about the time the pandemic started . Now I am not sure how this article shows that trump doesn’t give a damned about the Troops or is unfit to lead .

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    I knew you would comment. I knew it would be about that. So I unblocked one of your posts.

He had no problem threatening Iran back in April, which happens to be after March.

He had no problem trying to get Putin back in the G7 summit as late as 3 weeks ago even after this situation.

So keep drinking the Trump cool aid.

Okay back on block you go.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I knew you would comment. I knew it would be about that. So I unblocked one of your posts.

He had no problem threatening Iran back in April, which happens to be after March.

He had no problem trying to get Putin back in the G7 summit as late as 3 weeks ago even after this situation.

So keep drinking the Trump cool aid.

Okay back on block you go.

I am not on any trump koolaid , just trying to understand why you posted that article that’s all .