Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 509 of 627 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 9393
  1. #7621
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    But there were still new cases being reported during the closure . This virus never went away , the closures just slowed it down . What you fail to understand is that since the virus never went away , there still would have been a second wave just later on .
    Yes but there were less cases during the closure because people had less places to be exposed to it. If there were more cases sooner, you would have had a higher death toll in March and April. More cases to daisy chain to others in that time period as well. Again, this is a fluid situation. The actions of those in March and April absolutely have consequences on people now.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-26-2020 at 06:03 PM.

  2. #7622
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes but there were less cases during the closure because people had less places to be exposed to it. If there were more cases sooner, you would have had a higher death toll in March and April. More cases to daisy chain to others in that time period as well. Again, this is a fluid situation. The actions of those in March and April absolutely have consequences on people now.
    Of course there were less cases during the closure , the closure SLOWED it down . It didnít stop it so as soon as things were going to be reopened there would have been large spikes regardless

  3. #7623
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Of course there were less cases during the closure , the closure SLOWED it down . It didnít stop it so as soon as things were going to be reopened there would have been large spikes regardless
    I'm not the one arguing the merits of staying closed longer. As for the explosion in cases, well if the proper protocols are not in place and you combine that with sooner and on a grander scale exposure to the virus, that will happen.

  4. #7624
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm not the one arguing the merits of staying closed longer. As for the explosion in cases, well if the proper protocols are not in place and you combine that with sooner and on a grander scale exposure to the virus, that will happen.
    Well one thing we know for sure is that NOONE in any state that has seen large increases , took the proper protocols .

  5. #7625
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,209
    I saw posada posted this but both Texas and Florida took their heads from their arses and closed bars

    It ducks but bars should be the last to open. At least bigger spots that attract bigger, younger crowds.

    You drink, you get careless quickly

    Iíve seen brewpubs around me open and they are still, super careful. Every table is 6 feet apart and if people get too close, the staff asks you to separate. They also ask for name, number and email for contact tracing

    I actually like it better this way. Lol. Less crowds



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #7626
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,461
    Trump made fun of a mistake Biden made.

    So someone posted some of his mistakes

    Geesh I didn't realize it was so bad.

    You mean like this? https://t.co/7arr4FetE2

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #7627
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,461
    This ad is pretty powerful and I think it speaks volumes to the current administrations inability to help control and contain this virus.

    I remember a few months ago I was attacked because I said Trump putting Pence in charge the task force was a terrible idea. He's super religious(not meant as an attack) but he tends not to trust or believe science.

    Now a few months later, we are one of few countries that has done an insanely piss poor job of containing the virus.

    https://t.co/IM1E4Onivo


    Don't get me wrong this isn't just the fault of one man, but this man is the commander in chief, the leader of this free land. It stops with him.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 06-26-2020 at 10:52 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  8. #7628
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The Florida Department of Health is reporting 8,942 new cases of Covid-19 today. That's a huge spike and the highest single day reporting of cases since the start of the pandemic.

    Thank you governor DeSantis for your diligent efforts and timely reponse.
    And thank you to the PROTESTERS, the ones who were not social distancing and not wearing masks. These protests started 3 weeks ago.....the uptick in Florida just increased 7 days ago.....

    Hmmmmmmmm
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

    1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four


  9. #7629
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What victory lap?

    Did DeSantis ever enter the final Phase of reopening?

    Huh?

    Iíll answer for you, NO.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

    1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four


  10. #7630
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Doesnít explain why when California has a 2 day period with over 12K new cases , thEre was barely anything said . But then this board lights up with attacks on desantis when there are new cases in Florida . If that doesnít show bias I donít know what does .


    Metsguy wonít address that issue in Cali or will say it is because of tourism.

    What about Florida tourism as well? California. Has major spikes and he just points to Florida....

    A little bias on his part.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

    1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four


  11. #7631
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    California should have mandated masks sooner. That slows the spread significantly. Not suggesting it wouldn't have still been a problem but are we seeing 9,000 cases in Florida today if they open later and masks are mandatory? All the medical evidence says it wouldn't.

    You have this weird misconception that just because someone doesn't condemn something, they apparently think all the actions taken were correct. I give Newsom credit for closing down his state as soon as he did. If California doesn't take those steps, they presumably have a lot more than 196 thousand confirmed cases in a state of 40 million people.
    But less than 1% of the US population has the virus.

    Less than 1%
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

    1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four


  12. #7632
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,301
    So the new flavor of the month is coronavirus.

    No more George Floyd issues.

    Whatever is the headline, huh?
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

    1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four


  13. #7633
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And thank you to the PROTESTERS, the ones who were not social distancing and not wearing masks. These protests started 3 weeks ago.....the uptick in Florida just increased 7 days ago.....

    Hmmmmmmmm
    There was an interesting article I read about 1 guy who had the virus and ended up giving the virus to 17 other members of his family while at an OUTDOOR barbque . Who could have thought that the virus spreads so well outside .

  14. #7634
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Metsguy wonít address that issue in Cali or will say it is because of tourism.

    What about Florida tourism as well? California. Has major spikes and he just points to Florida....

    A little bias on his part.
    He wasnít the only one with that though

  15. #7635
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    There was an interesting article I read about 1 guy who had the virus and ended up giving the virus to 17 other members of his family while at an OUTDOOR barbque . Who could have thought that the virus spreads so well outside .
    Pretty much anyone who thinks rationally. If you aren't keeping distance or wearing masks, it spreads very quickly



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •