Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 508 of 627 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 9393
  1. #7606
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Letís just agree to disagree , I honestly lost the will to argue with you about this . I am tired of fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You could really cut down on the arguments if you weren't wrong about so many things.


    Snap






    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #7607
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,965
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The difference is his braggadocious attitude towards the whole thing. Well, if you're going to be that smug and that defiant don't be surprised when it blows up in your face.

    Doesnít explain why when California has a 2 day period with over 12K new cases , thEre was barely anything said . But then this board lights up with attacks on desantis when there are new cases in Florida . If that doesnít show bias I donít know what does .

  3. #7608
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,659
    Quote Originally Posted by posada20 View Post
    doesnít explain why when california has a 2 day period with over 12k new cases , there was barely anything said . But then this board lights up with attacks on desantis when there are new cases in florida . If that doesnít show bias i donít know what does .
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    no jorge from where i'm sitting you love to fight. You strike me as a classic contrarian. You are so entrenched at times, it leaves one wondering how genuine the argument is or is it just the contrarian streak in you holding firm.

    That's ok. Lively debate is good. However you must also be willing to accept defeat when your argument is dismantled.
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    in anticipation of a jorge retort, while the numbers aren't as bad as other states (arizona, florida, texas) california's spike is startling nonetheless: Hospitalizations have increased 32% over the past 14 days and icu hospitalizations are up 19%.
    ok?

  4. #7609
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,952
    Deaths from the all time high in April are down 90%. As of Sunday from the 270ish that died with the cause as Covid, 7200 died from other causes that day

  5. #7610
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,095
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The difference is his braggadocious attitude towards the whole thing. Well, if you're going to be that smug and that defiant don't be surprised when it blows up in your face.
    Oh, the irony.

  6. #7611
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,794
    Yanksguy, lol. Be correct about more things and u wouldn't have to argue so much..... i need to turn that into my signature or something

  7. #7612
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,109
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Oh, the irony.
    Damn, beat me to it

    But I was gonna say pot calling the kettle black.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  8. #7613
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,965
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Deaths from the all time high in April are down 90%. As of Sunday from the 270ish that died with the cause as Covid, 7200 died from other causes that day
    Atleast Some good news

  9. #7614
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Doesnít explain why when California has a 2 day period with over 12K new cases , thEre was barely anything said . But then this board lights up with attacks on desantis when there are new cases in Florida . If that doesnít show bias I donít know what does .
    Its hard to defend a guy who declares something like professional wrestling to be declared an essential business in a pandemic. Then on top of it takes fewer precautions than other states, thumbs his nose at the potential danger (by action or lack thereof), and then is trying to pick up the pieces as we speak.

    None of these states are perfect but have some humility in facing the problem.

  10. #7615
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,965
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its hard to defend a guy who declares something like professional wrestling to be declared an essential business in a pandemic. Then on top of it takes fewer precautions than other states, thumbs his nose at the potential danger (by action or lack thereof), and then is trying to pick up the pieces as we speak.

    None of these states are perfect but have some humility in facing the problem.
    None of the states could have prevented this no matter how long they took to reopen and how slow they reopened . And California proves it . So to keep attacking desantis while barely saying anything about the other states reeks of bias .
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-26-2020 at 05:14 PM.

  11. #7616
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    None of the states could have prevented this no matter how long they took to reopen and how slow they reopened . And California proves it . So to keep attacking desantis while barely saying anything about the other states reeks of bias .
    California should have mandated masks sooner. That slows the spread significantly. Not suggesting it wouldn't have still been a problem but are we seeing 9,000 cases in Florida today if they open later and masks are mandatory? All the medical evidence says it wouldn't.

    You have this weird misconception that just because someone doesn't condemn something, they apparently think all the actions taken were correct. I give Newsom credit for closing down his state as soon as he did. If California doesn't take those steps, they presumably have a lot more than 196 thousand confirmed cases in a state of 40 million people.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-26-2020 at 05:18 PM.

  12. #7617
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,965
    Well Florida has already announced that bars are closed . So the closures have started .

  13. #7618
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,965
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    California should have mandated masks sooner. That slows the spread significantly. Not suggesting it wouldn't have still been a problem but are we seeing 9,000 cases in Florida today if they open later and masks are mandatory? All the medical evidence says it wouldn't.

    You have this weird misconception that just because someone doesn't condemn something, they apparently think all the actions taken were correct. I give Newsom credit for closing down his state as soon as he did. If California doesn't take those steps, they presumably have a lot more than 196 thousand confirmed cases in a state of 40 million people.
    Either way the real criticism should be on the people for not adhering to the distancing guidelines . Because if desantis waited another month to reopen anything then we would be seeing this explosion a month from now .

  14. #7619
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Either way the real criticism should be on the people for not adhering to the distancing guidelines . Because if desantis waited another month to reopen anything then we would be seeing this explosion a month from now .
    Considering the virus is transmitted through respiration, of course it does. The sooner you open, the sooner people are exposed, the bigger the daisy chain is. Many of the people sick now could have gotten it from someone who had it 2 weeks ago and that person could have it from someone who had it 2 weeks earlier. One or two people can infect dozens at a time as well.

  15. #7620
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,965
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Considering the virus is transmitted through respiration, of course it does. The sooner you open, the sooner people are exposed, the bigger the daisy chain is. Many of the people sick now could have gotten it from someone who had it 2 weeks ago and that person could have it from someone who had it 2 weeks earlier. One or two people can infect dozens at a time as well.
    But there were still new cases being reported during the closure . This virus never went away , the closures just slowed it down . What you fail to understand is that since the virus never went away , there still would have been a second wave just later on .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •