Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 506 of 627 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You tend to think this strictly spreads from the North to other places. You do realize this can be indigenous to areas without interstate travel and many states had quarantine orders in place as early as May. Not to mention air travel has almost been nonexistent since March with all the travel restrictions.

Again, I showed you multiple links that say the protests have had little to no effect on coronavirus cases. Its your job to prove your theory with something of substance. You haven't.
    And common sense will tell you that any large gatherings of people is what is needed for the virus to spread . I even posted a link the other day that said the protests were a factor and that some protesters who attended protests between late may and June 15th had tested positive for the virus and that a planned protest in Georgia or North Carolina had to be cancelled because some of the organizers tested positive as well . I never said the protests were the lone culprit behind the spikes . I just said they were one of the main factors behind them . Others including people traveling from the north to the south and west . And we know that is a fact since it was already proven that many people protesting Around the country were not natives of the states that the protests were in.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I guess it must be extremely difficult to completely read other peoples entire post and to do a little research one your posts to make sure your opinions are accurate and valid.
    [emoji1376][emoji1376]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And common sense will tell you that any large gatherings of people is what is needed for the virus to spread . I even posted a link the other day that said the protests were a factor and that some protesters who attended protests between late may and June 15th had tested positive for the virus and that a planned protest in Georgia or North Carolina had to be cancelled because some of the organizers tested positive as well . I never said the protests were the lone culprit behind the spikes . I just said they were one of the main factors behind them . Others including people traveling from the north to the south and west . And we know that is a fact since it was already proven that many people protesting Around the country were not natives of the states that the protests were in.
    Common sense would say that but the evidence doesn't back it up. They are testing thousands of protestors and the rate of positive coronavirus cases is consistent with the general public. If it was a main factor, you would be seeing significantly higher numbers of positive cases among protestors. The data says you're not.

Sense is only common to those born with sense. I have serious doubts that ..... oh never mind

Common sense would say that but the evidence doesn't back it up. They are testing thousands of protestors and the rate of positive coronavirus cases is consistent with the general public. If it was a main factor, you would be seeing significantly higher numbers of positive cases among protestors. The data says you're not.
    Testing thousands of protesters out if the hundreds of thousands that actually protested is Not reliable enough to back up your claims . I mean another study just showed that for every 1 person testing positive for there case , there are 10 other untested people who have it and donít know they do since they donít develop symptoms .

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/25/...vere-covid-19/
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-25-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Testing thousands of protesters out if the hundreds of thousands that actually protested is Not reliable enough to back up your claims . I mean another study just showed that for every 1 person testing positive for there case , there are 10 other untested people who have it and donít know they do since they donít develop symptoms .
    Epidemologists find it enough evidence to back up that claim. Where did you get your medical degree from btw? I would love to know.

https://www.kqed.org/science/1966378...ts-experts-say

Attending protests, Moss said, is ďnot emerging as a risk for the most recent cases that we're seeing in the county.Ē

Stanford University epidemiologist Yvonne Maldonado has come to the same conclusion. "I was worried that the protests could be super-spreader events,Ē she said. "It turns out, the bottom line is it doesn't look like that happens.Ē

Kirsten Bibbons-Domingo, chair of the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department at UCSF, says the rise in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations in California ďhas as much to do with just reopening the economy as it does with any discrete events like the protests.Ē

We find no evidence that net COVID-19 case growth differentially rose following the onset of Black Lives Matter protests, and even modest evidence of a small longer-run case growth decline,Ē the researchers wrote.

Bibbins-Domingo says mass participation in protests shows that there are ways to lower the risks posed by the coronavirus through precautions like face coverings, testing, and potentially post-event quarantines.
    If you're going to make the claim that protesting is the main cause for disease transmission, you need to bring more to the table than what your gut tells you. Is it a contributing factor? Sure but its not the main one like you keep claiming.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-25-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Epidemologists find it enough evidence to back up that claim. Where did you get your medical degree from btw? I would love to know.

https://www.kqed.org/science/1966378...ts-experts-say

If you're going to make the claim that protesting is the main cause for disease transmission, you need to bring more to the table than what your gut tells you. Is it a contributing factor? Sure but its not the main one like you keep claiming.
    Itís not the only contributor that is true but to say it isnít a major one doesnít make much sense at all . I mean you canít say bars and restaurants were the only main factor either .
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-25-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Itís not the only contributor that is true but to say it isnít a major one doesnít make much sense at all . I mean you canít say bars and restaurants were the main factor either .
    The numbers say the protestors have a similar positive case load to that of the general public. Look, I'm not making that up. That's what is out there. There are many contributing factors. Why is it so hard to believe that people resuming regular activity indoors isn't a main factor?

The numbers say the protestors have a similar positive case load to that of the general public. Look, I'm not making that up. That's what is out there. There are many contributing factors. Why is it so hard to believe that people resuming regular activity indoors isn't a main factor?
    I thought you said it was? [emoji848] [emoji848]

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I thought you said it was? [emoji848] [emoji848]

Last edited by metswon69; 06-25-2020 at 09:07 PM.

[emoji12][emoji12]

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    And now what we saw happen in NYC, which has been a huge concern of mine, is hospital bed availability.

In parts of Texas, there are basically no icu beds left.

I'm concerned how this will continue in other states if they don't get a handle on cases.

https://www.propublica.org/article/s...mpression=true

Do you have a graph with stick figures? It may help a few understand what is actually happening.

I graph os stick figures, coughing, wheezing, laying down or walking up a steep hill and at the top of the hill and at the top of the hill an orange stick figure giving them the finger

Ignorance is bliss

If the protesters have the same caseload as the general public then that means the virus is just as prevalent amongst the protesters as everywhere else . In other words the virus is pressing amongst the protestors as it is amongst the general public . And I already saidcpeople resuming normal activities in places like bars and restaurants was a main factor but it is not the only main factor . The real question is why You canít admit that the protests werenít a main factor at all.

Yeah the protests and people traveling from up north down south are the primary factors .
    No. People not social distancing and wearing masks in enclosed spaces is the bigger problem.
    The protestors wouldn't be staying in Florida getting tested. They would be returning home and getting tested.

Ignorance is bliss

ďCases are spiking, both the number of positive tests and the percent of positive tests,Ē said Stephen Kissler, an immunology and infectious disease expert with Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, told the paper. ďAnd it looks like weíre entering a second exponential phase there, and thatís whatís really concerning.Ē

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...in/3259262001/

this is a scary one

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...ovid-19-tests/

Also, kids are testing positive more frequently and more severely

Ignorance is bliss