Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 500 of 627 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 9393
  1. #7486
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,183
    These photos are ****ing bizarre to see. Nazi party in the US in the 30s
    This is not a good source for any news but for these photos, it's fine.
    Families gathering for Nazi picnics and doing the whole "seig heil" thing.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...n-bund/529185/



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #7487
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,183
    "When you think of Ford, you think of baseball and apple pie," said Miriam Kleinman, a researcher with the Washington law firm of Cohen, Millstein and Hausfeld, who spent weeks examining records at the National Archives in an attempt to build a slave labor case against the Dearborn-based company. "You don't think of Hitler having a portrait of Henry Ford on his office wall in Munich."


    This is another creepy one

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...nazicars30.htm



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #7488
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yes indeed, truer words have not been spoken. He is a very scary person.
    You do realize those ď cagesĒ were around long before trump was president right ? In fact a lot of those pics circulating the net are from the Obama years .

  4. #7489
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,083
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Iím not bragging about any Republican. Where did I say that?

    Iím strictly talking about the past 3+ years with the Democrats preparation in putting out a good candidate besides Joe Biden. I donít care about the crummy Republicans that were out in years past.

    3+ years and Joe Biden is the BEST?

    Come on, they could have done better and you know that.

    Bernie basically ruined the Dems in 2016 and has done the same in 2020. If he would have just stayed out of running in for President then maybe a different person could have been the one challenging Biden for the nomination.

    The real problem and this what the Democrats like Pelosi wonít admit is that the Democratic Party has swayed too far left. The far left of the wing wants full control. The more centered Democrats know that wonít work in 2020 or even if it will ever work. And there you go, Joe Biden.
    Like I said, the Republicans had 8 years in 2016 and the best they could do is a guy who had really no political background and his claim to fame was a reality tv show. Time doesn't really matter. A respective party would have to spend years grooming someone for president and then there's a good chance that person doesn't even win a primary. Voters make their choice based on what they like. Obama was young, had charisma, spoke well and rode a huge wave of support behind him. That's not going to happen all the time.

    Some elections are the best of a bad situation like 2016 and this year.

    This is unfortunately the best we have to offer.

  5. #7490
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,083
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, it would be nice if he would get out of his hole. He is not proactive with anything with regard to the 2020 election.
    He doesn't have to be. Trump is doing well digging his own grave. Biden made 11 million bucks for his campaign last night by just doing a virtual fundraiser. There are plenty of ways to get your message out without touring across the country during a pandemic.

    How did that Tulsa rally do btw? I'm sure Trump had so many people there lol.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-24-2020 at 02:46 PM.

  6. #7491
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,083
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Uh, letís get it straight pal. The financial crisis was caused by the Democrats who basically gave house mortgages to anyone with a heartbeat.
    Excuse me? Democrats gave mortgages? I'm sorry but when did a political party start lending money. I'm pretty sure that was the banks who lent money to people who couldn't afford to pay it back and guess what, those same banks were then selling mortgage backed securities to various entities that were worthless.

    Where did you pull that one from?
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-24-2020 at 02:04 PM.

  7. #7492
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You do realize those ď cagesĒ were around long before trump was president right ? In fact a lot of those pics circulating the net are from the Obama years .

    YOU do realize that isn't precisely what clown said, right?

    "1- it is a fact he used a nazi symbol
    Do you think it was an accident? Or did he use it to show support for that ugly part of his base, knowing it would be removed and heíd play dumb?

    2- kids in cages isnít concentration camps but itís not a good look. Nor is trying to end DACA and banning immigrant work visas

    Trump is not hitler But he uses similar tones and rhetoric to inflame his base

    He is a scary person"

  8. #7493
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Excuse me? Democrats gave mortgages? I'm sorry but when did a political party start lending money. I'm pretty sure that was the banks who lent money to people who couldn't afford to pay it back and guess what, those same banks were then selling mortgage backed securities to various entities that were worthless.

    Where did you pull that one from?
    Oh I dunno maybe from this ?

    https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/28/are-...-villains.html

  9. #7494
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    YOU do realize that isn't precisely what clown said, right?

    "1- it is a fact he used a nazi symbol
    Do you think it was an accident? Or did he use it to show support for that ugly part of his base, knowing it would be removed and heíd play dumb?

    2- kids in cages isnít concentration camps but itís not a good look. Nor is trying to end DACA and banning immigrant work visas

    Trump is not hitler But he uses similar tones and rhetoric to inflame his base

    He is a scary person"
    Why would he bring up the debunked kids in cages Baloney By saying it isnít a good look for trump if he wasnít blaming trump ?

  10. #7495
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Why would he bring up the debunked kids in cages Baloney By saying it isnít a good look for trump if he wasnít blaming trump ?
    Debunked? We have been down this road several times. Obama administration commissioned the building of the centers. There intended use was to process immigrants crossing the boarder. A processing center. Trump administration used them as detention centers. Kids are still in cages, the only change, they are no longer separated from their families! Trumpís Executive Order signed on June 20th is not a solution; it simply jails whole families indefinitely and does nothing to reunite families that have already been torn apart.

    The Trump administration is causing lifelong trauma to children -- whether taken by Border Patrol, jailed alongside their parents after seeking safety, or snatched from their school by ICE. Their claims of compassion are false -- this crisis is proof that this administration does not care about the wellbeing of children or families. Families deserve to seek asylum without fear of jail or family seperation.

  11. #7496
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Debunked? We have been down this road several times. Obama administration commissioned the building of the centers. There intended use was to process immigrants crossing the boarder. A processing center. Trump administration used them as detention centers. Kids are still in cages, the only change, they are no longer separated from their families! Trumpís Executive Order signed on June 20th is not a solution; it simply jails whole families indefinitely and does nothing to reunite families that have already been torn apart.

    The Trump administration is causing lifelong trauma to children -- whether taken by Border Patrol, jailed alongside their parents after seeking safety, or snatched from their school by ICE. Their claims of compassion are false -- this crisis is proof that this administration does not care about the wellbeing of children or families. Families deserve to seek asylum without fear of jail or family seperation.

    That is Baloney and you know it , trump has been using those centers Under current law that has been around since long before he became president . The reason why they are crowded now is because Existing immigration laws are being enforced. Something that was not done as much during the Obama admin. Again most of those pics of kids in cages were from the Obama admin so again your argument here is aT the very least a questionable one at best .

  12. #7497
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,989
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Excuse me? Democrats gave mortgages? I'm sorry but when did a political party start lending money. I'm pretty sure that was the banks who lent money to people who couldn't afford to pay it back and guess what, those same banks were then selling mortgage backed securities to various entities that were worthless.

    Where did you pull that one from?
    Yes it's true. In fact there is video evidence of small individual desks set up in the senate rotunda. Each D senator had a desk. The lines were long and the congestion incredible. They decided, to discontinue the practice after continuous moaning and complaining from the R's about their inability to gain easy access to the restrooms.

  13. #7498
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    It wasn't the federal government's money. It was the banks. It was their (BOA, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and then smaller banks) choice to lend money to people who didn't have the means to pay it back. It wasn't just giving out loans to those who couldn't afford them either. The job market took a significant hit and put many homeowners in short sell positions. Homes that were overvalued before the recession and people not being able to pay back their inflated mortgages because the values of the home dropped exponentially. Basically banks were stuck with thousands of homes that homeowners defaulted on and banks couldn't sell.

    Are you going to forget the mortgage backed security disaster as well?
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-24-2020 at 03:00 PM.

  14. #7499
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    That is Baloney and you know it , trump has been using those centers Under current law that has been around since long before he became president . The reason why they are crowded now is because Existing immigration laws are being enforced. Something that was not done as much during the Obama admin. Again most of those pics of kids in cages were from the Obama admin so again your argument here is aT the very least a questionable one at best .
    That's an interesting spin. Enforcing current immigration law, based on a Stephan Miller interpretation of said law, makes it morally correct to lock up not only children but entire families. Got it.

  15. #7500
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    That's an interesting spin. Enforcing current immigration law, based on a Stephan Miller interpretation of said law, makes it morally correct to lock up not only children but entire families. Got it.
    Then tell me how a lot of those pics of those kids in cages were from the Obama era?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •