Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 499 of 627 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Obamacare a fiasco? We can only hope Trump had ONE such fiasco. Trump has no clue, nor do the R's on a replacement. They have control of the senate and the WH for 4 years and what have they produced? It has Obama attached so naturally Trump will try to discredit it in any way possible. There is no need to replace it, if anything it should be augmented and fine tuned.

First, the ACA aimed to provide affordable health insurance coverage for all Americans. The ACA was also designed to protect consumers from insurance company tactics that might drive up patient costs or restrict care.

More than 16 million Americans obtained health insurance coverage within the first five years of the ACA. Young adults make up a large percentage of these newly insured people.

Insurance companies must now spend at least 80 percent of insurance premiums on medical care and improvements. The ACA also aims to prevent insurers from making unreasonable rate increases.

Under the ACA, you can’t be denied coverage because of a preexisting health problem.

The ACA promised to make prescription drugs more affordable. Many people, particularly senior citizens, are unable to afford all their medications. The number of prescription and generic drugs covered by the ACA is growing every year.

According to a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services press release from 2017, Medicare beneficiaries have saved over $26.8 billion on prescription drugs under Obamacare. https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-r...ion-drugs-2010

Obamacare intended to extend health insurance coverage to the estimated 15% of Americans who lacked it and were not covered by other health programmes for the poor and elderly.

Some of the more popular provisions include:

Children can stay on their parent's healthcare plan until age 26

No one who is sick or has a medical condition can be denied insurance

Companies can no longer charge women more than men

Businesses with more than 50 full-time employees must offer health insurance

Dr, you would even call the program Cash for Clunkers from Obama a roaring success as well.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Seattle Mayor needs to STFU. She allows that garbage and called it a summer of love. Now she is getting pressure from business owners who are fed up with that crap.

That is not a protest. I don’t care how you slice it.

The idiotic Seattle Mayor wanted it and she got it and now she has to deal with it because it got out of hand. It serves her right!

I just shake my head with her recent pressers....typical liberal Mayor.

Why can’t those idiots pool their money together and buy some land and put their tents there with a commune?

What a bunch of losers.
    To the first bolded, news flash: some here would suggest you do the same!

Again with the gross generalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Ask Trump and his corporate buddies!

I see many positives as a result of ACA. Women, people with pre-existing conditions, young adults, the uninsured or under insured have all benefitted in some form. The negatives tend to revolve around cost and SOME employers choosing to cut back on benefits due to rising costs and taking the cheap way out. Shifting the burden onto the employee. Not something that instills a sense of corporate loyalty. I can understand a small business having a difficult choice to make, but larger, multi nationals?

Dr, the can has been kicked down the road for decades with regards to healthcare.

And that same can will continued to be kicked for years to come.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    1- it is a fact he used a nazi symbol
    Do you think it was an accident? Or did he use it to show support for that ugly part of his base, knowing it would be removed and he’d play dumb?

2- kids in cages isn’t concentration camps but it’s not a good look. Nor is trying to end DACA and banning immigrant work visas

Trump is not hitler But he uses similar tones and rhetoric to inflame his base

He is a scary person
    Yes indeed, truer words have not been spoken. He is a very scary person.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah it definitely looks like he is going to pick a woman to be his VP choice. I'm not certain it will be a minority female though. We'll see. I am surprised he hasn't picked one yet.
    Well, it would be nice if he would get out of his hole. He is not proactive with anything with regard to the 2020 election.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hard to do that when they are discontinuing her and Uncle Ben.
    Absolutely pathetic with that.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I read it’s between Harris and warren . With rice being an outside chance
    He panders to everyone and to the flavor of the month.

Harris will be it......
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Dr, you would even call the program Cash for Clunkers from Obama a roaring success as well.
    It was. You have no clue if you believe otherwise. It removed gas guzzling cars from the road and reduced C2O emissions. It saved oil and allowed the planet to breath a little easier.

The one major downside, for car collectors like myself, many of those huge hunks of iron are gone forever.

1- it is a fact he used a nazi symbol
    Do you think it was an accident? Or did he use it to show support for that ugly part of his base, knowing it would be removed and he’d play dumb?

2- kids in cages isn’t concentration camps but it’s not a good look. Nor is trying to end DACA and banning immigrant work visas

Trump is not hitler But he uses similar tones and rhetoric to inflame his base

He is a scary person

Come on Clown.

Comparing what happened in Concentration camps during WWII to that of immigration issues is beyond a ridiculous statement.

I know all about history with regards to WWII and have heard Trump rally’s and it is not even comparable to what Hitler said during his speeches.

Show me where Trump ever said he wanted to get rid of a certain race? Hitler said that in the 1930s

I can go on and on with comparisons and it is not even close.

Sensationalize is just another way of trashing Trump. Some comments from Trump is no doubt dumb but it has never been close to the garbage Hitler ever said. And even comparing Trump to Hitler is a disgrace.

Similar tones? How clown?

Show us?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Dr, the can has been kicked down the road for decades with regards to healthcare.

And that same can will continued to be kicked for years to come.
    No Nick. Obamacare was the FIRST true reform in decades.

Trumps attempt to dismantle it is what one would expect from him. It has the Obama name attached and the stamp of approval from a majority of working class folks. No need to repeal and replace. The attempt was so transparent. Work to improve it, refine it.

What will you be chanting once universal healthcare is the law of the land? It's only a matter of time.

He panders to everyone and to the flavor of the month.

Harris will be it......
    Bullspit or is it Horesspit what flavor today Nicky?

I wouldn't call it pandering. It's politics, yes.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Come on Clown.

Comparing what happened in Concentration camps during WWII to that of immigration issues is beyond a ridiculous statement.

I know all about history with regards to WWII and have heard Trump rally’s and it is not even comparable to what Hitler said during his speeches.

Show me where Trump ever said he wanted to get rid of a certain race? Hitler said that in the 1930s

Sensationalize is just another way of trashing Trump. Some comments from Trump is no doubt dumb but it has never been close to the garbage Hitler ever said. And even comparing Trump to Hitler is a disgrace.

Show us?

I straight up said, True is not hitler. But there are similarities

They both stand high on the "nationalist pedestal" and speak to rile people who feel disenfranchised and like they have "lost their country". He uses inflammatory speech and language. He blames everything outside that group for the problems in this country.
    He has tried to vilify, as you say, "the opposition". He has tried to paint them as weak but also to scare his base.

All things Hitler did masterfully.

He also just praised the Ford family's "good bloodline". (Ole hank was a nazi. Ford told the automobile editor of The Associated Press that he blamed the Jews, not Hitler, for the war in Europe. “I still think this is a phony war made by the international Jewish bankers,” )

You honestly disagree that Trump's tone doesn't have similarities to Hitler?

I am far from the only one who see that.

Ignorance is bliss

Come on Clown.

Show us?
    Call it ridiculous Nick, but there are very frightening similarities. It's been reported the one book Trump HAS read cover to cover is Mein Kamph. Can one draw inferences regarding his strict immigration policy? Is the wall akin to concentration camps, NO...however should the POTUS even have general similarities? I think not.

Both Hitler and Trump attack the judiciary and rule of law.

Both Hitler and Trump attack the media.

Both men degrade anyone who disagrees with them. Trump’s allegedly, “disloyal” bureaucrats in the State Department, EPA, FBI, CIA who he calls the deep state are in deep trouble with him, for example.

Both denigrate the immigrants. Hitler wanted to free Germany of Slavs and Jews, and the moment he came down the escalator to announce he was running for president Trump declared that people of color were the cause of the nation’s ills. Both made border closings the centerpiece of their campaigns a clear, stark similarity with their propaganda of pitting ethnicity and race against those of the Aryan race.

Both demonize their political opponents — Hitler called his opponents parasites, criminals and leftist scum. Sound familiar?

Hitler provided the masses with small inexpensive radios that received only one channel, thus prohibiting people from receiving any outside influence. Trump’s daily tweets online and permits only one media network to be viewed by our military, which is Fox.

Neither was elected by the majority. Let that sink in. (Hitler, in fact wasn't elected, he was apppointed as Chancellor after his party won a huge majority of the Reichstag at the ballot box and he leveraged it to be appointed.)

Under Trump, large corporations have immense political power and receive a huge financial windfall to further undermine unions. Hitler despised the German labor movement and destroyed it by imprisoning their leaders. Trump has indicated many times he would like to jail people who accuse him of wrongdoing, as they did in the olden days.

Trump uses paraphrases such as Hitler’s “lying press” and “fake news” and deride the importance of scientific data and rely on their worlds public opinion ultimately defining what is true and what is false. Sixty percent of Trump voters do not believe he asked the Ukraine president to investigate the Bidens, when, in fact, the president himself said he did and showed us the document and repeated the statement on the White House lawn.

Hitler attacked democracy itself by purging voter roles and challenging the integrity of electoral process. Before the outcome of the 2016 election was made final Trump said he would decline to accept anything other than a win. That it was rigged. He has recently resurrected the mantra attacking mail in ballots and any legit attempt for the masses to vote. Voter suppression is part of the republican game plan, expect it.
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-24-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That explains why Mrs. Buttersworth is in my fridge. Auntie J retired from the syrup biz to team up with Joe "I forgot what I'm doing" Biden and rescue the good ol US of A. Can't wait!
    Mrs B can be changed to an unidentifiable race. I think she's safe.

I think the Aunt J and Uncle B are long overdue to be changed and rebranded. I know they don't seem like a big deal but they are. The stereotypes of them both are pretty ****ed up.

We are in for a big overhaul of the advertising and marketing world

The commercials that still makes he laugh and gasp are the Popeye's ones. The black woman, with the southern accent and speech along with the "Love that chicken from Popeye's" song are truly insane to see. It's as bad as the old WB frog. Chapelle had a really funny take on that frog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjtfjRIffkw

(I want him to run for president.)

Ignorance is bliss

Mrs B can be changed to an unidentifiable race. I think she's safe.

I think the Aunt J and Uncle B are long overdue to be changed and rebranded. I know they don't seem like a big deal but they are. The stereotypes of them both are pretty ****ed up.

We are in for a big overhaul of the advertising and marketing world

The commercials that still makes he laugh and gasp are the Popeye's ones. The black woman, with the southern accent and speech along with the "Love that chicken from Popeye's" song are truly insane to see. It's as bad as the old WB frog. Chapelle had a really funny take on that frog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjtfjRIffkw

(I want him to run for president.)
    I find Trevor Noah interesting and insightful as well, in addition to being hilarious at times.