Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 491 of 627 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Not an Obama fan, Not a Romney fan but IMO that Presidential ticket is far, far superior to this one. Don't you think?

It really wouldn't shock me if we say a movement for a 3rd party very soon. The D's, not a knock on that side of the isle, are very split with the core ideology. Look at the huge dived between Bernies Boys and the people that were/are supporting Hilary/ Biden. A large part of the group seems to be leaning towards social conservatism while the other seem to be clinging to the ideals of traditional democratic ideals

No matter how bad Trump is unless Biden can get the Bernie Bro out to vote for him, IMO this is going to be a much tougher race then some Dems think its going to be.

I will say this, after seeing Trumps 1st rally back that was supposed to be massively sold out and no one waiting outside like usual its quite possible were seeing the first crack in his bases foundation
    Yeah for sure. Even Obama and McCain in 2008. It just goes to show as well that even after all the backlash Trump has gotten for the virus, the economy, his response to the protesting, he still has a real shot to win the election. Its crazy the Democrats can't find someone to invigorate their base because this would be a slam dunk for them if they could.

My issue is what things look like on Election day. All these polls, all these rallies (if there was no virus) how do they translate to poll numbers? Yeah people won't come out for a Trump rally but will they still vote for him on November 3rd? Yeah most people polled will say they support Biden but do those people come out to vote?

Like you said, if Biden doesn't get help from Bernie's base, he's in deep ****. That will be the difference between him being president in January or Trump getting another 4 years. I will say though. Trump doesn't have a lot to campaign on. The country is in the toilet right now with all the jobs lost, all the coronavirus cases, the everyday protesting, etc. Its not good optics for his side.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-23-2020 at 01:44 AM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They didn't run New York into the ground although DeBlasio showed more ineptitude than most. Cuomo made mistakes but let's not pretend like they had this all information at their disposal. That didn't come until much later when the virus had already spread to a point where there was going to be a significant amount of people infected.

The virus had a head start and was already circulating around New York in March. If you believe reports possibly as early as January.

Who knows how many people have had the coronavirus btw? Math is easy though. I shouldn't have to do the leg work there. Even if you want to assume 10% of the US population has had the virus (and that's a big assumption) that still means 300 million people haven't been infected and there's no chance that the percentage is that high.

Florida is catching **** because they are seeing 4 times the amount of cases now they did in April. Not to mention, they opened too soon and had no proper precautions or restrictions in place when fully reopening.

When states are seeing 3 or 4 times the amount of cases they were in March or April, I think you can consider that a spike. Either way diluting the information pool with "the coronavirus is getting weaker" sets the wrong standard if indeed its not the case.

No one can answer how many people have or have had the virus but your posts confuse me. You say 1% of the total population has had it then you ask me how many have the virus? You answered your own question. Its impossible to take into account non confirmed cases because they're non confirmed. Many people who had mild to no symptoms were never tested.
    Florida still has restrictions. We still have to adhere to social distancing practices. So your comment is false.

Testing increased the spikes. Do I need to explain again that in March people had to go through a screening process before being tested so a lot of those people who failed the screening process could have had it which would have made the March numbers much much much larger.

Again, what is your plan? You never say you just argue.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

And people don't go to California from other states? California is the most visited state in the US.

That's not true. It comes down to human responsibility. There's a reason why numbers have dropped significantly in New York and its not just because people aren't allowed everywhere. We've been taking the proper precautions and that has to continue happening.

And watch the numbers increase in NY too.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Biden has said and done some bad stuff. He absolutely has.
    He has done nothing compared to Trump on any level.

No one argues Biden is an angel. People argue he is a nicer human being and has more diplomacy and tolerance than Trump.

Both will screw you. One will at least have an element of sensitivity and gentleness and won't try to piss on your floor when he leaves.

But Clown, Joe Biden is the best the Democrats had?

That is beyond laughable. 4 years to prepare and Joe Biden is the one? Letís all laugh together, shall we?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Where have i ever praised DeBlasio? And no I don't own a home. I rent like most people in NYC.

Pricing people out of New York is going to happen regardless of who is in power btw. That's a matter of gentrification.

I think DeBlasio has done a **** job. The guy didn't know the virus spread a-symptomatically until a month or so ago. As for Cuomo, I don't hate the guy like you do (you've made that pretty clear). He's has blood on his hands but I think he's done a good job publicly addressing the virus, being on the front lines, answering the tough questions, taking significant measures to slow the spread. We've come a long way since the 1000+ deaths a day we were having in April.

They weren't shutting down a whole state for a handful of cases in Westchester. We all praise California for how quick they were to react and they didn't put stay at home orders until March 20th.

It has nothing to do with political affiliation either. I don't put the onus on governors in the beginning of this pandemic. Could have done things differently? Sure but so could have China, Trump, etc before we got to this point. These governors didn't have the level of information, financial means, authoritative power, etc to handle this at the extent it needed to be.

Just stop, quit your defense of Cuomo and the Mayor, he destroyed you with with it all in less than 2 min.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Did I not say Cuomo has blood on his hands? Who is suggesting that Cuomo has been perfect through this process?

Well I read on here that people wanted Cuomo to be the nominee for the Dem ticket.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

I'm not a Democrat so it really doesn't matter. I only vote left because being an independent leaves you few options. No options that gain any traction in gubernatorial or presidential races. That said, I'll take a 100 Joe Bidens over one Donald Trump. That's not always the case though. When I was 18, I voted for George Bush in 2004.

I'm aware these parties work for the highest bidder. That said, these are your options until there is more than a 2 party dominated system in this country.

People don't like change. That's why Bernie Sanders didn't win the democratic nomination.

So you never seen the Mets win the WS? Why would you even gravitate to the Mets when you had the Yankees in a dynasty run when you were 10-14 yrs of age?

And people do like change. Why do you think Trump won in 2016? Or why did half of the Country vote for him in 2016? They were tired of the establishment.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-23-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge are you familiar with Castro's education policy? How he managed almost 100% literacy in less than a year! A truly remarkable accomplishment. Painting with too broad a brush tends to throw out the baby with the bath. As of 2011, the median reported literacy rate for all Latin American and the Caribbean was 93 percent.

Does recognizing that Castro did accomplish some good, with a program that was very effective, make Bernie a communist?

I am certain you will come back with a litany of atrocities perpetrated by the communists in Cuba, none of which I will deny or refute.

Dr, do I do I need to list all of the bad from Castro in Cuba that just wipes away everything that was good from him? How on earth can you walk around all of the bad from him and come to the only good? You could do the exact same with Trump but you wonít because he is Trump.

And I know this about Bernie so save the bullspit. Iím just pointing something else out that you always talk highly of.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I left the Democrat pArty after al gore debacle and left the Republican Party during Obamaís second term as president when the republicans never came up with the balls to do anything about many of Obamaís questionable policies . Right then and there I realized neither side gave a damned about us .
    I voted for Ross!
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Florida still has restrictions. We still have to adhere to social distancing practices. So your comment is false.

Testing increased the spikes. Do I need to explain again that in March people had to go through a screening process before being tested so a lot of those people who failed the screening process could have had it which would have made the March numbers much much much larger.

Again, what is your plan? You never say you just argue.
    Mush, again, the rate of infection has increased. It's not just that there is more testing. The virus is spreading more rapidly.

Ignorance is bliss

Agree. He had strong support. I am hoping the young people who got aboard the Bernie bus also take a ride on the Biden train.
    Why on earth would Bernie Supporters do the opposite of their beliefs and vote for Joe Biden? That makes zero sense.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Biden has been a US senator since 1973 and was vice president under one of the more popular presidents in American history. He was a safe choice for the Democrats. I don't believe all of it had to do with Bernie being too left. The country is trending left anyways. More young people are affiliating themselves with progressive ideologies than ever before.

Because they are brainwashed and think that everything is free.

They live by the mantra of IF IT IS FREE IT IS FOR ME.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

I am well aware of the hatred for Castro among the Cuban community here in the US. I am also well aware of the lingering resentment.

There is no denying the literacy rates increased substantially. Was it a political tool used to indoctrinate the young? Yes.

Quit saying one little good deed by him as a way of wiping out all of the bad. Why would you even defend that guy?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Dr, do I do I need to list all of the bad from Castro in Cuba that just wipes away everything that was good from him? How on earth can you walk around all of the bad from him and come to the only good? You could do the exact same with Trump but you wonít because he is Trump.

And I know this about Bernie so save the bullspit. Iím just pointing something else out that you always talk highly of.

List the major things Trump has done to positively impact our education, healthcare, infrastructure, racial equality and social service systems?

If you want to list the economy, ok. I agree. It was looking very good before this happened. (A bit of a paper house but it still looked very good)

Ignorance is bliss

Quit saying one little good deed by him as a way of wiping out all of the bad. Why would you even defend that guy?
    He isn't. He clearly stated that he knew the hatred.

Even his comment on literacy stated that it was a tool he used to indoctrinate

Read.

Ignorance is bliss