Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 627 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Republicans bill only provided half the aid this one does. This comes short as well but the Republican introduced bill was worse.
    And the Dems version of the bill had much more pork than this one did , like windmills , money to Museums , to npr radio etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Then why arenít you attacking senators , governor , and congressmen of ny for not being prepared on state level for this when they get more in taxes than just about any state in the country ?
    They all ****ed up at least some. Trump, state leaders, etc.
    I definitely don't blame Trump for what's going on bc that's foolish. Nothing he or anyone could have done to prevent Corona from happening.
    States could've taken it upon themselves to shut things down.
    Trump also could've shut things down nation wide.
    Everyone deserves blame imo. We had a head start, seeing that China was hit well before our first case. We could've been proactive from the very beginning, but nobody was.

And the Dems version of the bill had much more pork than this one did , like windmills , money to Museums , to npr radio etc.
    Do you have a job ?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Do you have a job ?
    Tmml

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I'm sure the Republicans version of the bill had pork spending as well. In fact that version of the bill had no oversight to where the money went which means Trump could have used taxpayer money (because that's what it is) to bail out his businesses and the businesses of his friends.

Whatever the case is, the Republicans bill was garbage. This bill isn't significantly better but the aid goes to more places it should and there is more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm sure the Republicans version of the bill had pork spending as well. In fact that version of the bill had no oversight to where the money went which means Trump could have used taxpayer money (because that's what it is) to bail out his businesses and the businesses of his friends.

Whatever the case is, the Republicans bill was garbage. This bill isn't significantly better but the aid goes to more places it should and there is more of it.
    B
    I
    N
    G
    O

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    B
    I
    N
    G
    O

I got to thinking, he has to be chuck in disguise or a douchy, troll. No one can be that absolutely stupid and blind

Either that or he's Baron Trump. That would also explain a great deal.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 03-27-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Do you have a job ?
    Keeping people from hanging out, in front of the drug store.

(Will anyone get that reference...?)

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Keeping people from hanging out, in front of the drug store.

(Will anyone get that reference...?)
    Cheech and Chong/Sister Mary Elephant

Young man, young man, young man shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Good News: The Stimulus Bill provides $367 billion for small business loans and $130 billion for hospitals. This is a big step in the right direction, but it's ridiculous that corporations are getting nearly four times as much bailout money as hospitals on the front lines of this crisis.
    That's where you miss a bit of math... 130 mil for hospitals..

367M for businesses that will keep employees employed and with health insurance that will pay their hospital bills...

Many will lose their insurance if they are let go... meaning the hospitals won't get paid for their work... creating a void that makes it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    That's where you miss a bit of math... 130 mil for hospitals..

367M for businesses that will keep employees employed and with health insurance that will pay their hospital bills...

Many will lose their insurance if they are let go... meaning the hospitals won't get paid for their work... creating a void that makes it even worse.
    No, I was referring (and in retrospect could have been clearer) to the $500B that went to the big multi national corps. The small business needs it as much as the working families. My point being, our hospitals are 80% not for profit and the front line defense in this battle. I feel our priorities are a bit askew.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    They all ****ed up at least some. Trump, state leaders, etc.
    I definitely don't blame Trump for what's going on bc that's foolish. Nothing he or anyone could have done to prevent Corona from happening.
    States could've taken it upon themselves to shut things down.
    Trump also could've shut things down nation wide.
    Everyone deserves blame imo. We had a head start, seeing that China was hit well before our first case. We could've been proactive from the very beginning, but nobody was.
    Actually.. Sadly Trump (or any other president) don't have the power to shut things down like that... he can shut down the borders, and air flights.. but within the states themselves, the office of the president don't have that power.. that's reserved for the governors of those states.

Really I think he's done as good as anyone could have hoped for within his constitutional powers (and even then he gets blasted for doing it).... The fact of the matter being... Closing the borders to china helped quite a bit.. probably why Washington State is starting to show plateauing... the problem is, the flights to Europe stayed open (where NYC is a major hub) and Europeon countries waited until it was too late to close theirs... which spread to NYC (which is why it's getting hit so badly)... politicians forget.. once you see the symptoms, you're often no longer contagious.. it's the 2 weeks prior (or so) where you don't know you have it, and you're spreading to everyone you come in contact with that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Actually.. Sadly Trump (or any other president) don't have the power to shut things down like that... he can shut down the borders, and air flights.. but within the states themselves, the office of the president don't have that power.. that's reserved for the governors of those states.

Really I think he's done as good as anyone could have hoped for within his constitutional powers (and even then he gets blasted for doing it).... The fact of the matter being... Closing the borders to china helped quite a bit.. probably why Washington State is starting to show plateauing... the problem is, the flights to Europe stayed open (where NYC is a major hub) and Europeon countries waited until it was too late to close theirs... which spread to NYC (which is why it's getting hit so badly)... politicians forget.. once you see the symptoms, you're often no longer contagious.. it's the 2 weeks prior (or so) where you don't know you have it, and you're spreading to everyone you come in contact with that's the problem.

The three states that have the most open borders to other countries were hit hardest so far , thatís no coincidence

Trump signed the bill. It's official.

Nice Joke Hillary!

What a fckn irresponsible *****!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction