Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 487 of 627 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 9393
  1. #7291
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I refuse to watch any news on tv at all . All it is , is hate and fear mongering
    I'm guessing you don't have a tv. If you do, you don't watch it



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #7292
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,215
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hey mush, I suggest you read some previous posts.
    I have straight up said IU believed that could happen but until it was backed up by more than a few people and some legit statistics I will treat this thing like it's as bad as it started.

    You are gloating over a conversation that was had a week ago and with which a few posters agreed with the hopefulness and possibility of it.

    When it all started, I posted about minimal, srpeadted exposure might play a key in developing immunity.

    This article is old news. You tout it like a victory flag.

    It would be awesome if it happens. WTF is your point?



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #7293
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,215
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why do a lot liberals send their kids to private schools away from the middle and lower class kids? They constantly talk about the poor and the people right below the middle class yet they don’t want their kids to have anything to do with them. Kinda of funny on their part...and some even want to defund the police yet they have their own police watching over them.
    I agree. I heard a very good friend talk about having kids stay home for school next fall, unless they didn't have access or needed to be there. I called her on it. I said, so you have the computer and your kid doesn't need any sp[ecial help so they stay home, while a kid with less money or learning issues has to go to school?


    Defunding the polices is not disbanding them. Defunding means to take some of the money given to them for very military products and use those millions to help areas that need more help.

    There are still police. There are likely more police because they can hire more guys to do patrols. They can hire people from neighborhoods to work in those areas. They know people and will be able to better access and deescalate situations.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #7294
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,215
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

    You know that was written before the rally?

    I just don't get your point?



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #7295
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I come up with new spit every day.

    Yeah, we know.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  6. #7296
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,008
    In the interest of clarity and fairness I am posting PSD general guidelines for reputable sources:

    RELIABLE SOURCE INFO

    With the Presidential election heating up, there are more and more rumors, memes, information lacking context, half-truths and downright misinformation being spread all over different avenues of social media (Facebook in particular) for each side of the political landscape. Even when the race to the White House ends, the speculating/manipulative garbage online will not.

    In an attempt to increase the accuracy of the content in this forum a reminder is being issued.

    When making a thread be sure to post the source(link) from the information you are showing. Use fact-checking websites to make sure what you are posting is accurate. Reputable sources are a requirement. Do NOT use biased sites toward your political ideology as a source. Your post will be edited/deleted. This extends to comments as well.

    From Rush:.....We are going to use the following image as a guideline of what should or shouldn't be used when sourcing material. Sources to the left of The Huffington Post and to the right of Fox News are considered non-reputable and too biased. Newspapers are considered reputable. Posting sources outside of what has been said above will be at the posters own risk. At that time we will consider whether it is reputable or not. We know this is not perfect, but hope it will give you guys a better understanding of what we are looking for.

    Some reliable resources to check sources:

    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com

    https://www.adfontesmedia.com

    https://FactCheck.org

    https://www.allsides.com

    Hopefully this is helpful. All opinions are welcome. I/we do not intend to squelch any perspective, I only ask that it is well sourced and in the interest of worthwhile discourse and discussion, I would hope guided by intellectual honesty and integrity. Carry on.

  7. #7297
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,163
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, when Cuomo and DeBlasio ran NY into the ground during March they had no other choice. Hello?
    Bueller? Bueller?
    They didn't run New York into the ground although DeBlasio showed more ineptitude than most. Cuomo made mistakes but let's not pretend like they had this all information at their disposal. That didn't come until much later when the virus had already spread to a point where there was going to be a significant amount of people infected.

    The virus had a head start and was already circulating around New York in March. If you believe reports possibly as early as January.

    Who knows how many people have had the coronavirus btw? Math is easy though. I shouldn't have to do the leg work there. Even if you want to assume 10% of the US population has had the virus (and that's a big assumption) that still means 300 million people haven't been infected and there's no chance that the percentage is that high.

    Florida is catching **** because they are seeing 4 times the amount of cases now they did in April. Not to mention, they opened too soon and had no proper precautions or restrictions in place when fully reopening.

    When states are seeing 3 or 4 times the amount of cases they were in March or April, I think you can consider that a spike. Either way diluting the information pool with "the coronavirus is getting weaker" sets the wrong standard if indeed its not the case.

    No one can answer how many people have or have had the virus but your posts confuse me. You say 1% of the total population has had it then you ask me how many have the virus? You answered your own question. Its impossible to take into account non confirmed cases because they're non confirmed. Many people who had mild to no symptoms were never tested.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-22-2020 at 01:34 PM.

  8. #7298
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    They don’t even turn on it they ignore it . And he has a racist record beyond that as well .
    Biden has said and done some bad stuff. He absolutely has.
    He has done nothing compared to Trump on any level.

    No one argues Biden is an angel. People argue he is a nicer human being and has more diplomacy and tolerance than Trump.

    Both will screw you. One will at least have an element of sensitivity and gentleness and won't try to piss on your floor when he leaves.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #7299
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,163
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nypd-offi...001617008.html

    With all this going on, you would think NYC cops would know better. I guess not.

  10. #7300
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,405
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They didn't run New York into the ground although DeBlasio showed more ineptitude than most. Cuomo made mistakes but let's not pretend like they had this all information at their disposal. That didn't come until much later when the virus had already spread to a point where there was going to be a significant amount of people infected.

    The virus had a head start and was already circulating around New York in March. If you believe reports possibly as early as January.

    Who knows how many people have had the coronavirus btw? Math is easy though. I shouldn't have to do the leg work there. Even if you want to assume 10% of the US population has had the virus (and that's a big assumption) that still means 300 million people haven't been infected and there's no chance that the percentage is that high.

    Florida is catching **** because they are seeing 4 times the amount of cases now they did in April. Not to mention, they opened too soon and had no proper precautions or restrictions in place when fully reopening.

    When states are seeing 3 or 4 times the amount of cases they were in March or April, I think you can consider that a spike. Either way diluting the information pool with "the coronavirus is getting weaker" sets the wrong standard if indeed its not the case.

    No one can answer how many people have or have had the virus but your posts confuse me. You say 1% of the total population has had it then you ask me how many have the virus? You answered your own question. Its impossible to take into account non confirmed cases because they're non confirmed. Many people who had mild to no symptoms were never tested.
    You're out of your mind if you don't think Cuomo(in the early stages) or Mayor D didn't do a terrible job and haven't run this state into the ground.

    Think about how many lives could have been saved if Cuomo shut down NY when the first cases started popping up in Westchester, by a lawyer who worked in the city and commuted via train every damn day.

    If it was a republican governor, I could hear the outrage now.

    Constant deficit, taxes being raised on the regular, people moving out of NYS at a high rate because they just simply can't afford to live here.

    I have a slight feeling you don't own a home and don't pay property taxes, just a guess.

    But don't worry, criminals get Mets tickets if they promise to show up to court.


    ** and have no fear, city keeps letting devolpers build even though they don't have the tenants for the buildings. Now it's going to be even worse as more and more companies realize they don't need so much office space because it's cheaper to have people work from home.

    But yeah sure, this state is in good shape. Lmaoooo

    New York city has one of the most segregated school systems in the nation. But democrats really care about minorities.

    Nycha is one of the most corrupt entities in the country. Again, democrats really care about minorities.

    Laughable.
    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 06-22-2020 at 02:02 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  11. #7301
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,163
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You're out of your mind if you don't think Cuomo(in the early stages) or Mayor D didn't do a terrible job and haven't run this state into the ground.

    Think about how many lives could have been saved if Cuomo shut down NY when the first cases started popping up in Westchester, by a lawyer who worked in the city and commuted via train every damn day.

    If it was a republican governor, I could hear the outrage now.

    Constant deficit, taxes being raised on the regular, people moving out of NYS at a high rate because they just simply can't afford to live here.

    I have a slight feeling you don't own a home and don't pay property taxes, just a guess.

    But don't worry, criminals get Mets tickets if they promise to show up to court.


    ** and have no fear, city keeps letting devolpers build even though they don't have the tenants for the buildings. Now it's going to be even worse as more and more companies realize they don't need so much office space because it's cheaper to have people work from home.

    But yeah sure, this state is in good shape. Lmaoooo

    New York city has one of the most segregated school systems in the nation. But democrats really care about minorities.

    Nycha is one of the most corrupt entities in the country. Again, democrats really care about minorities.

    Laughable.
    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Where have i ever praised DeBlasio? And no I don't own a home. I rent like most people in NYC.

    Pricing people out of New York is going to happen regardless of who is in power btw. That's a matter of gentrification.

    I think DeBlasio has done a **** job. The guy didn't know the virus spread a-symptomatically until a month or so ago. As for Cuomo, I don't hate the guy like you do (you've made that pretty clear). He's has blood on his hands but I think he's done a good job publicly addressing the virus, being on the front lines, answering the tough questions, taking significant measures to slow the spread. We've come a long way since the 1000+ deaths a day we were having in April.

    They weren't shutting down a whole state for a handful of cases in Westchester. We all praise California for how quick they were to react and they didn't put stay at home orders until March 20th.

    It has nothing to do with political affiliation either. I don't put the onus on governors in the beginning of this pandemic. Could have done things differently? Sure but so could have China, Trump, etc before we got to this point. These governors didn't have the level of information, financial means, authoritative power, etc to handle this at the extent it needed to be.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-22-2020 at 02:10 PM.

  12. #7302
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,405
    I edited my post and added more.

    Hopefully you'll release one day that Democratic politicians care about minorities about as much as Republicans care about a fetus after its born.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 06-22-2020 at 02:12 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  13. #7303
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They didn't run New York into the ground although DeBlasio showed more ineptitude than most. Cuomo made mistakes but let's not pretend like they had this all information at their disposal. That didn't come until much later when the virus had already spread to a point where there was going to be a significant amount of people infected.

    The virus had a head start and was already circulating around New York in March. If you believe reports possibly as early as January.

    Who knows how many people have had the coronavirus btw? Math is easy though. I shouldn't have to do the leg work there. Even if you want to assume 10% of the US population has had the virus (and that's a big assumption) that still means 300 million people haven't been infected and there's no chance that the percentage is that high.

    Florida is catching **** because they are seeing 4 times the amount of cases now they did in April. Not to mention, they opened too soon and had no proper precautions or restrictions in place when fully reopening.

    When states are seeing 3 or 4 times the amount of cases they were in March or April, I think you can consider that a spike. Either way diluting the information pool with "the coronavirus is getting weaker" sets the wrong standard if indeed its not the case.

    No one can answer how many people have or have had the virus but your posts confuse me. You say 1% of the total population has had it then you ask me how many have the virus? You answered your own question. Its impossible to take into account non confirmed cases because they're non confirmed. Many people who had mild to no symptoms were never tested.
    What about when cuomo threw infected patients into assisted living facilities causing the virus to spread much quicker ? And when those facilities asked the state government for masks and gloves to protect their workers , cuomo refused stating that the state wasn’t responsible for privately run facilities . That alone is way worse and more reckless than anything desantis did. And of course Florida is seeing more cases now than in March and April because back then hardly anyone had the virus in the state . And no one was protesting back then either . Politics is why desantis is getting hammered for this and that is a fact .
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-22-2020 at 02:15 PM.

  14. #7304
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,163
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Yawn.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I've been pretty consistent with my stances, dude. I dont change my positions to appease anyone. I've said from the beginning that I think DeBlasio has done a bad job and should be removed as mayor. I don't think Cuomo has been this awful governor like you do. You've made it crystal clear that you dont like the guy. That's fine.

  15. #7305
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What about when cuomo threw infected patients into assisted living facilities causing the virus to spread much quicker ? And when those facilities asked the state government for masks and gloves to protect their workers , cuomo refused stating that the state wasn’t responsible for privately run facilities . That alone is way worse and more reckless than anything desantis did
    Did I not say Cuomo has blood on his hands? Who is suggesting that Cuomo has been perfect through this process?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •