Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 485 of 627 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 9393
  1. #7261
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Exact same thing can be said about that university study you and others were taking in as fact
    Except there are 3000 protestors they tested. If 3000 doctors agreed that the virus is calming down, we wouldnt still be considering future shutdowns and a second wave.

  2. #7262
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,077
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It could be but that could be because the median age of the disease is going down as well. Younger people tend not to get as sick.

    I wouldn't bet on it going away on its own though. Not when you have 30,000 new cases a day being reported in the US which is the same amount as April.

    Let's hope that is the case though. It would be nice if we got over this thing naturally so that a vaccine isn't rushed into use.
    I think it could go away on its own , eventually if enough people get it and build up an immunity to it , the less likely there will be large spikes .

  3. #7263
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,077
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Except there are 3000 protestors they tested. If 3000 doctors agreed that the virus is calming down, we wouldnt still be considering future shutdowns and a second wave.
    3000 protesters is only a small fraction of how many there have been all over the country . You are talking hundreds of thousands of people have been going to protests . I mean a study of less than 10% of an entire population of protesters is hardly anything to base all facts into .

  4. #7264
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    3000 protesters is only a small fraction of how many there have been all over the country . You are talking hundreds of thousands of people have been going to protests . I mean a study of less than 10% of an entire population of protesters is hardly anything to base all facts into .
    Sure but that's the data we have so far. If the idea was that the protests were a huge risk, you would see a higher % of cases among that cross sample. I've never said that this determines the other protestors fate. All I've ever said is the initial returns suggest the protests haven't exacerbated the problem.

  5. #7265
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,098
    The troll conveniently ducks RCs comment


  6. #7266
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Where have i disputed anyone's opinion other than Mushs, Posadas or NJBaseball? I'll wait for you to show me. The only reason i do it is because most of their posts are based in their version of reality and not actual fact.
    Seems like you attack certain posters based on them having a certain political belief, if you ask me.

    FYI, you catch more flies with honey.

    You could also take your own advice: ignore them.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #7267
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,077
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Sure but that's the data we have so far. If the idea was that the protests were a huge risk, you would see a higher % of cases among that cross sample. I've never said that this determines the other protestors fate. All I've ever said is the initial returns suggest the protests haven't exacerbated the problem.
    And I donít believe one small study can determine that

  8. #7268
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,859
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  9. #7269
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No just the population excuse was given , in other words more lame Baloney to cover for the Democrat politicians in charge of California . What you and some others refused to see is that no matter how many precautions a state took before reopening , large spikes still occurred . And california proved that . The only way large spikes could have been prevented is to have stayed closed until a vaccine is widely available . And that was not going to happen , so large spikes were inevitable .
    Some of the people on here just donít want to look in the mirror and admit the truth. It is like it is their job to help cover the Dems mistakes.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #7270
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,859
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    And people don't go to California from other states? California is the most visited state in the US.

    That's not true. It comes down to human responsibility. There's a reason why numbers have dropped significantly in New York and its not just because people aren't allowed everywhere. We've been taking the proper precautions and that has to continue happening.
    Well, when Cuomo and DeBlasio ran NY into the ground during March they had no other choice. Hello?
    Bueller? Bueller?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  11. #7271
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,859
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There are 387 thousand confirmed cases in New York state while the population of NY is 20 million. That's essentially 2% that have been infected. Even if we take into account non confirmed cases, what can the % really jump by? Most people haven't been infected.

    Whatever the case is, mitigation has slowed down the spread.
    So know you go to the %ís now?

    Ok, then tell me this?

    We have about 335,000,000 people in the US, what % of those had or has the coronavirus?

    %?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  12. #7272
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,859
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Horse spit now? That's a new one.
    I come up with new spit every day.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  13. #7273
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,859
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There are 387 thousand confirmed cases in New York state while the population of NY is 20 million. That's essentially 2% that have been infected. Even if we take into account non confirmed cases, what can the % really jump by? Most people haven't been infected.

    Whatever the case is, mitigation has slowed down the spread.
    Well do the same exact math with Florida.

    93,000 cases and we have 21 million in Florida.

    What is the %?


    And some of you are blasting DeSantis and the numbers?

    Hilarious!

    Less than 1% of the Florida population has had it or has the virus.

    Those are very low.....I mean minuscule.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  14. #7274
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,077
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well do the same exact math with Florida.

    93,000 cases and we have 21 million in Florida.

    What is the %?


    And some of you are blasting DeSantis and the numbers?

    Hilarious!

    Less than 1% of the Florida population has had it or has the virus.

    Those are very low.....I mean minuscule.
    1% of those infected will die . And yet people are going crazy .
    And donít forget California and many other states are seeing large spikes as well and only desantis is getting criticized and attacked here , that just confuses the heck out of me to be honest

  15. #7275
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,859
    Again, the virus is deadly no doubt but only a small amount of people in the Country has it or had it.

    Only the media would compare death to World Wars or other wars this Country has been in.

    How about apples to apples

    How many flu deaths compared to the coronavirus instead of war deaths..

    War deaths?

    Who was the fckn moron in the media who started that comparison?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •