Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 481 of 627 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 9393
  1. #7201
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Not really when you factor in the amount of people coming to Florida from other states . Either way my point is that Only way that large spikes could have been prevented was to remained closed up until a vaccine is widely available and that wasn’t going to happen
    And people don't go to California from other states? California is the most visited state in the US.

    That's not true. It comes down to human responsibility. There's a reason why numbers have dropped significantly in New York and its not just because people aren't allowed everywhere. We've been taking the proper precautions and that has to continue happening.

  2. #7202
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,879
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    And people don't go to California from other states? California is the most visited state in the US.

    That's not true. It comes down to human responsibility. There's a reason why numbers have dropped significantly in New York and its not just because people aren't allowed everywhere. We've been taking the proper precautions and that has to continue happening.
    probably the main reason numebers have dropped in newyork cause millions have already been infected in newyork since the outbreak began in the states...

  3. #7203
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    It was funny that the science people all of sudden disappeared during the peaceful protests and civil unrest. But Trump has a rally and they come out in full force.

    Save your crap with the science people. They are bias as well.
    More like you have selective hearing.

  4. #7204
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So basically on!y the Democratic side is correct in everything and the other side of the aisle is just horsespit?
    Horse spit now? That's a new one.

  5. #7205
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,894
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    probably the main reason numebers have dropped in newyork cause millions have already been infected in newyork since the outbreak began in the states...
    There are 387 thousand confirmed cases in New York state while the population of NY is 20 million. That's essentially 2% that have been infected. Even if we take into account non confirmed cases, what can the % really jump by? Most people haven't been infected.

    Whatever the case is, mitigation has slowed down the spread.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-21-2020 at 02:44 PM.

  6. #7206
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Who said that? Who ever said all protestors were peaceful?

    It wasn't anyone on this thread.


    It was you. It was you who said it to use it for some, BS argument that had no basis in reality.
    Some people just love assigning phony arguments to their perceived online enemies.

  7. #7207
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,863
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    probably the main reason numebers have dropped in newyork cause millions have already been infected in newyork since the outbreak began in the states...
    That and they started going to other states again . But I wouldn’t be surprised to see another spike there by the end of next month

  8. #7208
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Funny that you spend so much time at a sports forum. In sports we celebrate team work, dedication, and work ethics. We celebrate special athletes who go beyond just what they need to and who recognize the moment and do the extra thing under pressure. We marvel at the athlete who digs deep and is introspective and identifies whether they are actually just saying the right things versus doing the right things to get to the ultimate goal. We also celebrate the coaches who push athletes to dig deep to self examine and to push further. All I know is I see many of you guys talk the right talk about what's wrong politically and socially. So the next step is getting involved. How many charities and volunteer opportunities are there you can do ???? Get off the internet for 8 hours a day and go do something. If not your just a spectator like a person watching a terrible thing who only films it on their cell phones and does not help. You have the knowledge now go get involved and help your fellow citizens or donate to a cause. The internet will still be here. If that does not apply to you then good. But what I just said is not cult like at all. That's just you being defense and insulting cause it made you uncomfortable in my opinion. I do think in general unless your physically unable to do other wise, people spend way too much time on the internet and watching sports. Talking about life and observing. Go do something. We are seeing and discussed many topics here over the last few months, should be easy to find something to help with.
    Again, save your preaching and sappy life lessons for someone that cares.

  9. #7209
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,863
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    And people don't go to California from other states? California is the most visited state in the US.

    That's not true. It comes down to human responsibility. There's a reason why numbers have dropped significantly in New York and its not just because people aren't allowed everywhere. We've been taking the proper precautions and that has to continue happening.
    Ny state was the last state to reopen , so give it time there will be another spike there eventually

  10. #7210
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,600
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Again, save your preaching and sappy life lessons for someone that cares.
    Well at least you admit you don't care. Can't be inconvenienced to I suppose.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 06-21-2020 at 02:50 PM.

  11. #7211
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And yet California is still a hot spot for the virus despite taking all precautions and being one of the last states to open up . Why is that ?
    Because California is a heavily populated, major hub for travel and business. Also, the people here aren't perfect; there are many ignoring shelter in place regulations just as there are in basically every state. Any time I go for a ride or a hike out in to the woods there are people jamming the parking lots and trails as if the whole state was on vacation.

    Then add the more recent loosening of SIP regulations and mass protests and this virus certainly ain't going anywhere for quite awhile.

  12. #7212
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Ny state was the last state to reopen , so give it time there will be another spike there eventually
    They'll be a rise in cases, no doubt. Like I said to your buddy Mush a month ago (when he claimed that we flattened the curve), when you allow people to do their everyday normal things, they've now increased their exposure exponentially.

    I dont think we're going to see some huge spike but then again that comes down to human responsibility. If we're taking the proper precautions, things wont get out of hand.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-21-2020 at 02:51 PM.

  13. #7213
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No just the population excuse was given , in other words more lame Baloney to cover for the Democrat politicians in charge of California . What you and some others refused to see is that no matter how many precautions a state took before reopening , large spikes still occurred . And california proved that . The only way large spikes could have been prevented is to have stayed closed until a vaccine is widely available . And that was not going to happen , so large spikes were inevitable .
    Odd that "Mr. Bi-Partisan" never seems to call out Republican led states.

  14. #7214
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,166
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Well at least you admit you don't care. Can't be inconvenienced to I suppose.
    True. I absolutely don't care at all about what you have to say in regards to getting excited for and donating to Biden's campaign. Not sure why it took you this long to piece that together.

  15. #7215
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,894

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •