Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 480 of 627 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530580 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 9393
  1. #7186
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah, I know when your argument gets **** on, "save the science crap". Aren't you tired of being embarrassed in this thread? I would be if I was you.

    The science didn't go away during the protests. Fauci said he was concerned that protests would cause a spike in cases. So far, the evidence suggests that isn't the case. That said, years of racism boiled over in one event that became a rallying cry for change.
    According to you the experts were wrong again .

  2. #7187
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Meanwhile the “experts” have been wrong about nearly all of their predictions too .....
    Do you know how difficult it is to predict numbers when it comes to virus transmission? There are so many variables that you can't account for. Human behavior, mutation of the virus, communicability, what people are doing to stop the spread (IE, wearing masks, limiting exposure), etc.

    We've taken a lot of steps to mitigate the spread. That said, its easy for people to rest on their laurels when the virus doesn't affect younger people like it does older or medically compromised people. We have to be more observant of those things so that the numbers trend downward. They've done it in Europe so we can accomplish it here.

  3. #7188
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,982
    11 shot and one killed in a minn shooting . And here I thought people were protesting for peace

  4. #7189
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    According to you the experts were wrong again .
    Wtf are you talking about? Fauci never said definitively that the virus would spread more because of the protests. He said he was concerned it would.

  5. #7190
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Do you know how difficult it is to predict numbers when it comes to virus transmission? There are so many variables that you can't account for. Human behavior, mutation of the virus, communicability, what people are doing to stop the spread (IE, wearing masks, limiting exposure), etc.

    We've taken a lot of steps to mitigate the spread. That said, its easy for people to rest on their laurels when the virus doesn't affect younger people like it does older or medically compromised people. We have to be more observant of those things so that the numbers trend downward. They've done it in Europe so we can accomplish it here.

    Then why should I take the experts word on the protests not being a major factor in the spread of the virus ? I mean you just said there are many variables and that it is difficult to predict .

  6. #7191
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? Fauci never said definitively that the virus would spread more because of the protests. He said he was concerned it would.
    Yeah and you said that his concern was wrong , hence the “ expert” was wrong

  7. #7192
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah and you said that his concern was wrong , hence the “ expert” was wrong
    According to the initial data from the protestors, the numbers don't share his concern. That doesn't mean he was wrong for feeling that way. Most people would be concerned that a virus is spreading a-symptomatically or pre-symptomatically in and among large groups of people. That's just the initial data btw. Things could change as they test more protestors.

    I know this is hard for you and Mush to get but things are fluid when dealing with a virus we don't have a full understanding of.

  8. #7193
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Then why should I take the experts word on the protests not being a major factor in the spread of the virus ? I mean you just said there are many variables and that it is difficult to predict .
    You need to use your brain. Some things are almost impossible to predict. We're not going to know how many people are going to get this virus so when estimates are made, its best to ignore them.

    The thing is those estimates are out there based on data that they gather from existing cases, average number of cases per day, etc. If things are done to mitigate those factors, the number of estimated cases goes down.

    Again, these things are fluid but just because we don't know everything about the virus, doesn't mean we throw away what we do know. The fact is many states reopened too soon, measures (like masks) weren't used, and government is putting money over people's safety.

  9. #7194
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    According to the initial data from the protestors, the numbers don't share his concern. That doesn't mean he was wrong for feeling that way. Most people would be concerned that a virus is spreading a-symptomatically or pre-symptomatically in and among large groups of people. That's just the initial data btw. Things could change as they test more protestors.

    I know this is hard for you and Mush to get but things are fluid when dealing with a virus we don't have a full understanding of.
    If they don’t have a good understanding of it then isn’t it questionable At the very least to say that protests were not a factor in the spikes ? Isn’t it only fair to take that information with skepticism ?

  10. #7195
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You need to use your brain. Some things are almost impossible to predict. We're not going to know how many people are going to get this virus so when estimates are made, its best to ignore them.

    The thing is those estimates are out there based on data that they gather from existing cases, average number of cases per day, etc. If things are done to mitigate those factors, the number of estimated cases goes down.

    Again, these things are fluid but just because we don't know everything about the virus, doesn't mean we throw away what we do know. The fact is many states reopened too soon, measures (like masks) weren't used, and government is putting money over people's safety.
    And yet California is still a hot spot for the virus despite taking all precautions and being one of the last states to open up . Why is that ?

  11. #7196
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If they don’t have a good understanding of it then isn’t it questionable At the very least to say that protests were not a factor in the spikes ? Isn’t it only fair to take that information with skepticism ?
    Because the amount of positive cases (among protestors) are in line with those of non protestors. Do you read?

  12. #7197
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And yet California is still a hot spot for the virus despite taking all precautions and being one of the last states to open up . Why is that ?
    That was already been explained to you yesterday.

  13. #7198
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That was already been explained to you yesterday.
    No just the population excuse was given , in other words more lame Baloney to cover for the Democrat politicians in charge of California . What you and some others refused to see is that no matter how many precautions a state took before reopening , large spikes still occurred . And california proved that . The only way large spikes could have been prevented is to have stayed closed until a vaccine is widely available . And that was not going to happen , so large spikes were inevitable .

  14. #7199
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No just the population excuse was given , in other words more lame Baloney to cover for the Democrat politicians in charge of California . What you and some others refused to see is that no matter how many precautions a state took before reopening , large spikes still occurred . And california proved that . The only way large spikes could have been prevented is to have stayed closed until a vaccine is widely available . And that was not going to happen , so large spikes were inevitable .
    No that's all you chose to read. Seems to be a theme with you that your gut and predispositions are more important than actual evidence. Newsflash. They're not.

    Population density, not mandating masks, lower income counties where transmission is more prevalent, etc are all significant factors.

    California has double the population Florida has btw and they are having similar number of cases. That's a pretty big separation.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-21-2020 at 01:06 PM.

  15. #7200
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No that's all you chose to read. Seems to be a theme with you that your gut and predispositions are more important than actual evidence. Newsflash. They're not.

    Population density, not mandating masks, lower income counties where transmission is more prevalent, etc are all significant factors.

    California has double the population Florida has btw and they are having similar number of cases. That's a pretty big separation.
    Not really when you factor in the amount of people coming to Florida from other states . Either way my point is that Only way that large spikes could have been prevented was to remained closed up until a vaccine is widely available and that wasn’t going to happen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •