Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 478 of 627 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    LOL. You bought DeSantis narrative hook, line and sinker. Actually Nick I suggest you dig (no pun intended) a little deeper.

According to the Post article: "Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried argued that the majority of farmworkers left several weeks ago after harvests ended and that the real uptick is in non-agricultural areas, according to the Miami Herald."

This state is projected to be the next epicenter.

The spike in Florida’s figures, with close to 90,000 cases and deaths surpassing 3,000, comes as the majority of its 67 counties reach the end of the second week of DeSantis’ “safe, smart, step-by-step” reopening plan. Beaches, bars and restaurants, movie theaters and entertainment venues are mostly open again.

DeSantis, meanwhile, contends that Florida is on the right track, arguing that the rising figures can be attributed to increased testing, particularly among younger residents, and concentrated pockets of outbreaks among agricultural workers, prison inmates and even a 52% positivity rate among airport workers – an unsubstantiated claim debunked by the Orlando Sentinel.

He refuses to consider calls to slow or reverse the pace of Florida’s reopening. “We’re not shutting down. We’re going to go forward. We’re not rolling back. You have to have society function,” DeSantis said on Tuesday.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...nrq-story.html

Dr, I know the numbers but you and the science people are making this like this is worst than the Spanish flu.

We have about 335 million people in the US. And 2.1 million have had or have the virus as of now.

That is a very small percentage Dr. I’ll let you figure out the numbers.

20 million live in Florida and about 93,000 cases have been reported so far.

What is the percentage?

I’ll give you a hint Dr, the numbers are pretty low in Florida and in the US.

The charts are designed to make it look worse than it already is.

Again, what percentage of the entire US population has or had the virus?

Can you answer that Dr?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Well, we will get to see first hand how "letting it wash over us" works.

Doc, if Dick'Santis doesn't at least close up a little, we are likely to see those 3000+ cases a day move to 4k, 5k within a couple weeks.

Again this is what people don't like to look at, 2 weeks at 3500 a day= 49k.
    1 week at 3500= 24500
    1. week at 4k= 28k
    1 week at 4500=31500
    1 2 week at 5 k= 35K
    =
    119000 cases in a month.

Will that happen? Hopefully not.
    Will I be shocked if Florida's hospitals are over run? I hope no but no.
    Will I be shocked if Florida loses 10k + lives? No.

Same will happen in texas , Georgia and any other state that either ignores data or simply doesn't care.

Look, if you just don 't give a ****, say it. Stop the BS. "Look. This stuff will kill you. The hospitals will get over run and we will lose more lives than necessary but I don't care. I'd rather you live your life however you want.
    We will implement a work from home order that allows people who don't need to be at their job site, to work from home. Aside from that, if you are scared, stay clear."

But you all act like the entire State will get infected. Only a small percentage has.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Not moving goal posts. Being outdoors and in a huge space is very different than thousands of people yelling and screaming inside of a small indoor space.

It's different.

They have every right to do it.

But it is different

Then why the blowback with people who are outside going to the beach?

They are outside, right?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Just a question, anyone can answer. When the social distancing and business closures happened some folks argued that more people would die from the effects of slowing the economy then from the virus. Some people here I believe made that argument. Well how many people have died from the virus and how many from the economic downturn ?

Close the country until a vaccine is ready and then the numbers will show you.

Again, there is only one side of the aisle that is correct with everything while the other side is horsespit.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Jorge you have one of the most vulnerable populations in the country. Experts are predicting it could be the next epicenter. But yet you have a governor who turns a blind eye to the seriousness, instead steadfastly maintains Fla will remain open for business. Trump has an ally. He is a good soldier.

At what point does he realize he needs to take appropriate action to protect the people?

Please stop with the experts. They were wrong!

They said 1/3 of the population would get the virus and only 2.1 million is the number so far.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Why? Because he's arrogant and a Trump sycophant more interested in pleasing him than fullfilling his moral obligation to the people of Fla. Remember last to close first to open. The state is now showing record number of new infections, nearly 4,000 new cases, a record single-day increase. My concern is for the extremely vulnerable population. His disregard for the welfare and well being is cause for concern and imo outrage.

Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings said in a statement that he signed an executive order Thursday mandating face coverings. Not the governor.

Palm Beach County commissioners will discuss a similar mandate on Tuesday, Commissioner Melissa McKinlay said Friday on CNN's New Day. Not the governor.

"I'm hoping my colleagues will agree with some of us who've made that ask," she said.
    McKinlay said the public's resistance to wearing masks when outside their homes may come down to virus fatigue. "Florida opened up very quickly," she told CNN. "People thought that that was a return to normal."

An infectious disease expert with Florida International University warned against minimizing the risk.
    "If you minimize the risk of a dangerous pathogen and put more lives at risk to prop up business, what you get is at best a temporary gain, which will boomerang and produce a far worse outcome for both health and wealth," said Dr. Aileen M. Marty, director of the Health Travel Medicine Program and Vaccine Clinic.

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown put a pause on reopening, after the state reported what was at the time its highest number of COVID-19 cases in a single day on Thursday (June 11). Officials in Houston are also considering issuing another stay-in-place order, although the city may be prohibited from having more strict rules than the state, according to Vox.
    Californians will be required to wear face coverings in indoor public places, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Thursday. Illinois requires face coverings while in public. Oregon Gov. Kate Brown announced a similar mandate for seven counties beginning June 24.

Similar measures are being considered in North Carolina and Arizona, where Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane is developing an ordinance with a legal team.

People in Phoenix will be required to wear a face mask whenever they are within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of their family or household, Mayor Kate Gallego tweeted.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/16/212882...ening-lockdown

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/healt...day/index.html
    Well Dr, you tell us..what is your suggestion on what to do?

Living in a bubble like Joe Biden until a vaccine is not viable so try again.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What I am wondering is now that nyc is reopened too , will there be a spike there in about 2 weeks or so?
    Of course there will be.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Then why the blowback with people who are outside going to the beach?

They are outside, right?
    Mush, I don't see the problem with people at the beach if they are acting with intelligence.
    It is outdoors. You can stay 6 feet away from each other. It's healthy.

What people don't consider is teenagers and people in their early 20s. They will not abide by rules. Not out of malice but out of a lack of attention and concern. Hordes of young people intermingling and then going home.

Florida will live with what ever happens. That's it. The cat is way out of the bag. 4k new cases yesterday.

Yes. It is a very small percentage of the population. But they are only testing a small percentage to the population. The important factor is the rate of infection. It has doubled. More people are getting the virus at a faster rate.

I am also tired of the comparison used but people to the Spanish Flu. If the country had gone on lockdown for that and taken similar precautions, the numbers for that would have ben far less. The reason the numbers here were low was because of restrictions.

We will now see exactly how, no restrictions affects the spread and fatality of the virus. I think at this rate, if nothing is done, Florida will be staring at 200k infected and 20k+ dead by the end of august.

I hope I am very wrong. I hope it dies out or that it weakens. I hope the spread doesn't do what it looks like it's doing.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Please stop with the experts. They were wrong!

They said 1/3 of the population would get the virus and only 2.1 million is the number so far.
    Mush, they said if we did nothing that would happen. They said after waves of the virus that would happen.

They also gave a different perspective for if we followed certain guidelines.

Ignorance is bliss

I wonder if Donnie tries to sue TikTok after getting so trolled by it and the teens possibly affecting his rally

That's some funny **** regardless

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I thought the Bible mentioned something about not judging others.

But, I digress.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    No. It was "Let he among you without gin blast the first bone".
    Or maybe it was "people in brass houses shouldn't have clones"

Also n allegorical joke

Jesus stands in front of the angry crowd and says, "Let he among you without sin, cast the first stone"
    There is a silence floored by a whizzing stone that hits Jesus in the forehead. He immediately scream, "Mom! Stop doing that!"

Ignorance is bliss

You suggest common sense and logic. I suggest you employ both. One bar may hold 300 people how many bars, restaurants and clubs in South Fla. alone? How many beaches in Fla.? Fla. has more coastline than any state in US except for Alaska! And it's population density is 350+ people per square mile, the eighth most densely populated state in the US.

I am not suggesting protests did not or will not add to the spread. But I fail to see the common sense or logic in denying that reopening too soon has contributed to the spike in Fla. Given the vulnerability of it's population it was reckless imprudence, motivated by money and political loyalties, demonstrating a callous disregard for health and well being of the population.
    Remember Doc, you are talking math with someone who has repeatedly been wrong in that specific aspect of his argument. He has miscalculated multiple times and hid from it.

Not to mention he is the guy who thought Gary Sanchez was a pull happy hitter who pulled the ball over the RF short porch

He's the product of the 17th best educational systems in the country

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And here I thought all the protestors were peaceful .
    Who said that? Who ever said all protestors were peaceful?

It wasn't anyone on this thread.

It was you. It was you who said it to use it for some, BS argument that had no basis in reality.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Trump Cancels Second Tulsa Speech Due To Low Turnout, Blames Protesters And The Media

https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampprojec...d-the-media%2F

Lmaoooooo. Yeah sure. It has nothing to do with covid, or the fact that you're losing support.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There are tons of TikTok videos and twitter accounts that totally trolled him by requesting tickets.

The RNC head says it's first come first served so their stunt didn't have any effect but If you saw it was sold out and wanted to trek from out of state, it may make you think twice if you thought there were no tickets.

Still a funny and awesome display of the teens in this country (and others) to troll the **** out of him

I wonder if he sues tiktok for liable. Lol

Ignorance is bliss