Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 477 of 627 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 9393
  1. #7141
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Then why is only desantis being called reckless and irresponsible when other governors did the same thing and there were no mandatory mask requirements until 2 days ago ?
    Because California didnt start phase 3 reopening until last week. Many counties in California havent even gotten that far in their reopening. That said, by square mileag California is a much bigger state. Things can differ significantly county by county and by one end of the state to the other.

    Florida has been more liberal with their reopening measures and the timeline in which they have done things.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance...151132999.html

    We note a continuous upward inflection in eating out in restaurants to 26% (from 17% two weeks ago), mainly driven by the South region and rural areas. Visits to the mall, albeit still low, are up to 13% from 8% a month ago,” the bank wrote on Friday.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 11:20 PM.

  2. #7142
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,183
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    It's a basic reality. If your not contributing to change financially or with effort then your part of the problem. It's that simple. May not like the fact but a fact it is. We have discussed so many issues like BLM, aliens, as well as politics. There are thousands of volunteer opportunities that can be done for hundreds of causes that can be done. But in our Democracy with the electoral college your efforts are often needed in a State outside your own if your not willing to work for change your just a bystander. A bystander who watches and does nothing and just comments. That is the truth. You can comprehend it. Time to take action. Save your anger at me for reminding you about that. Your words and Spliff, and Going for 28 are meaningless if you won't do something to ensure that people like Posada don't carry the day. Talk is cheap. Money talks and B.S. walks. I guess the three of you are content to feel smugly superior to Posada. But to do something concrete to ensure people like Posada don't prevail in the real world not so much. Don't give to Biden, identify a congressman or local official to donate too, volunteer time, but to do nothing concrete is a shame
    Worry about yourself, Mr Holier-than-thou. I'm sorry we can't all be Nobel prize winners like yourself.

  3. #7143
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because California didnt start phase 3 reopening until last week. Many counties in California havent even gotten that far in their reopening. That said, by square mileag California is a much bigger state. Things can differ significantly county by county and by one end of the state to the other.

    Florida has been more liberal with their reopening measures and the timeline in which they have done things.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance...151132999.html
    And despite California being more careful and having more rules and being more cautious with reopening it is still a hot spot for the virus and yet only desantis is being is being called reckless and irresponsible , now again I ask why that is so?

  4. #7144
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,391
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Worry about yourself, Mr Holier-than-thou. I'm sorry we can't all be Nobel prize winners like yourself.
    I thought the Bible mentioned something about not judging others.

    But, I digress.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #7145
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And despite California being more careful and having more rules and being more cautious with reopening it is still a hot spot for the virus and yet only desantis is being is being called reckless and irresponsible , now again I ask why that is so?
    I think you answered your own question Jorge. California was being more careful and proactive. DeSantis on the other hand was not. Remember last to close first to reopen. He's shown a blatant disregard for well being. He has been reluctant to mandate state wide guidelines. Instead he blames "largely Hispanic" migrant workers for the spike, but yet ignores their plea for help and better conditions. He declared them "essential" workers.

    He's so far up Trumps butt he can't see the light of day. The promise to have the GOP convention in Jacksonville has him seeing dollar signs and an opportunity to cement his place in Trumps butt permanently. (Lindsey will have to make room.) He laments the negative effects of lockdowns by pointing to their “profound” socio-economic effects, yet ignores the impact of the virus on the most vulnerable population in the country.

    DeSantis’ moves to return his state to normal have been as aggressive as any governor, but there’s one inconvenient fact: Florida’s coronavirus cases are rising to record levels and the percentage of positive tests has been steadily climbing ever since the state fully implemented the first phase of its reopening May 18.

  6. #7146
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,131
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Your just cheap. And a person who is a bystander. You don't want to spend money, then volunteer your time. But I think your just cheap and find any excuse to not participate and do your part. You see what's going on but don't get involved. Life is not a sporting event you observe and merely spend hours commenting on. You spend hours online so you have the time to make a difference. Cult member for telling you to do your part in getting rid of a person and other politicians who do what they are doing and will do worse in four more years ? So you insult a person who tells you the truth.
    Yes, you sound like a nutty cult member. As for everything else you're saying, I feel zero need to explain myself to you beyond what I've already said.

  7. #7147
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,131
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    So someone doesn't want to donate to a politician and you act like this, dear lord.

    You need help.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  8. #7148
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,131
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    It's a basic reality. If your not contributing to change financially or with effort then your part of the problem. It's that simple. May not like the fact but a fact it is. We have discussed so many issues like BLM, aliens, as well as politics. There are thousands of volunteer opportunities that can be done for hundreds of causes that can be done. But in our Democracy with the electoral college your efforts are often needed in a State outside your own if your not willing to work for change your just a bystander. A bystander who watches and does nothing and just comments. That is the truth. You can comprehend it. Time to take action. Save your anger at me for reminding you about that. Your words and Spliff, and Going for 28 are meaningless if you won't do something to ensure that people like Posada don't carry the day. Talk is cheap. Money talks and B.S. walks. I guess the three of you are content to feel smugly superior to Posada. But to do something concrete to ensure people like Posada don't prevail in the real world not so much. Don't give to Biden, identify a congressman or local official to donate too, volunteer time, but to do nothing concrete is a shame
    Get over it.

  9. #7149
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I am betting it’s more to do with people using common sense and staying away from large crowds due to Covid than to trump losing support .
    It's so funny how you claim to be bi-partisan, yet constantly stick your neck out for Trump and demonize any Democrat politician or group.

  10. #7150
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's so funny how you claim to be bi-partisan, yet constantly stick your neck out for Trump and demonize any Democrat politician or group.
    I can tell you one thing if Biden or any Democrat held a rally , I sure wouldn’t complain about it . I wouldn’t care either way .

  11. #7151
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I think you answered your own question Jorge. California was being more careful and proactive. DeSantis on the other hand was not. Remember last to close first to reopen. He's shown a blatant disregard for well being. He has been reluctant to mandate state wide guidelines. Instead he blames "largely Hispanic" migrant workers for the spike, but yet ignores their plea for help and better conditions. He declared them "essential" workers.

    He's so far up Trumps butt he can't see the light of day. The promise to have the GOP convention in Jacksonville has him seeing dollar signs and an opportunity to cement his place in Trumps butt permanently. (Lindsey will have to make room.) He laments the negative effects of lockdowns by pointing to their “profound” socio-economic effects, yet ignores the impact of the virus on the most vulnerable population in the country.

    DeSantis’ moves to return his state to normal have been as aggressive as any governor, but there’s one inconvenient fact: Florida’s coronavirus cases are rising to record levels and the percentage of positive tests has been steadily climbing ever since the state fully implemented the first phase of its reopening May 18.
    Yeah California was being more careful and everything and yet they are still a hot spot despite all precautions . My point in all this , is that no matter how many precautions officials could have taken , there was no stopping big spikes from eventually happening once reopening started . So demonizing desantis For a new spike reeks of political hypocrisy .

  12. #7152
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I can tell you one thing if Biden or any Democrat held a rally , I sure wouldn’t complain about it . I wouldn’t care either way .
    Neat. I'd call any politician out for throwing an indoor rally in the situation we're currently in.

  13. #7153
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yes Mush. All those extremely poor people being forced to work in horrid conditions so we can have cheap oranges.

    Think about that. The governor is blaming people who have to work and they have to work in horrid conditions. Much like the meat packers, who are also having a huge uptick.

    Poor people are fodder for this virus. They are the backbone of the economy and they are being completely dismissed and villainized. Way to go De'santis
    Then what is your solution? You and everyone else just criticizes this criticizes that and never has a possible viable solution.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  14. #7154
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,964
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its not my opinion. It's scientific based fact that gathering people together in large numbers is a bad idea when it comes to the coronavirus. Again, I don't care about the people going to the rally. Scrap that, I do care because it could get their friends and family sick. Great, its America and they have choices but their choices can negatively impact other people.

    My issue is with the idiot holding the rally. We don't need a 20,000 person circle jerk that literally serves zero purpose in the midst of a pandemic. He's smart enough to get people to sign a waiver that precludes him from any civil liability in catching the coronavirus though. If he's aware enough to do that, then he's aware he's putting people at risk.

    If you don't know the difference between a Trump rally and protests against racism, then its time for you to bow out of this discussion. I'm having flashbacks of our argument about why going to the store is a necessity and going to the beach isn't. You clearly have zero understanding about what is done for legitimate reasons and what isn't.

    Don't preach to me about the protests and the virus. I said in this thread 2 weeks ago that I was worried about the virus spread and all the large gatherings of people protesting. Way before you could put two and two together. That said, I'm not going to equate Trump's unnecessary ego stroking to people wanting to end racism, reform policing, etc.

    It was funny that the science people all of sudden disappeared during the peaceful protests and civil unrest. But Trump has a rally and they come out in full force.

    Save your crap with the science people. They are bias as well.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  15. #7155
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,964
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    LOL. You bought DeSantis narrative hook, line and sinker. Actually Nick I suggest you dig (no pun intended) a little deeper.

    According to the Post article: "Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried argued that the majority of farmworkers left several weeks ago after harvests ended and that the real uptick is in non-agricultural areas, according to the Miami Herald."

    This state is projected to be the next epicenter.

    The spike in Florida’s figures, with close to 90,000 cases and deaths surpassing 3,000, comes as the majority of its 67 counties reach the end of the second week of DeSantis’ “safe, smart, step-by-step” reopening plan. Beaches, bars and restaurants, movie theaters and entertainment venues are mostly open again.

    DeSantis, meanwhile, contends that Florida is on the right track, arguing that the rising figures can be attributed to increased testing, particularly among younger residents, and concentrated pockets of outbreaks among agricultural workers, prison inmates and even a 52% positivity rate among airport workers – an unsubstantiated claim debunked by the Orlando Sentinel.

    He refuses to consider calls to slow or reverse the pace of Florida’s reopening. “We’re not shutting down. We’re going to go forward. We’re not rolling back. You have to have society function,” DeSantis said on Tuesday.

    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...nrq-story.html

    So basically on!y the Democratic side is correct in everything and the other side of the aisle is just horsespit?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •