Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 475 of 627 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485525575 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 9393
  1. #7111
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,490
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    states which are heavily in debt are not going to get bailed out of their deficits so shutting down again will only make a terrible situation even worse...
    Like Kentucky?



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #7112
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,826
    Social distancing, check. Masks, check. Small outdoor groups, check.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1274370587331366912
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-20-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  3. #7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,490
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    For those areas that have had mass protests over the last three or so weeks has there been spikes in cases?
    It's a combo of protests and reopening with zero guidelines.

    Not only does Florida have more cases but it is testing at a 8.9 percent positive rate which is doubled what it was a month ago.
    I don't actually think we've seen the spike in cases from the protests till next couple weeks.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #7114
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's a combo of protests and reopening with zero guidelines.

    Not only does Florida have more cases but it is testing at a 8.9 percent positive rate which is doubled what it was a month ago.
    I don't actually think we've seen the spike in cases from the protests till next couple weeks.
    The uptick in cases due to the protesting is fluid though. We had protests as early as May 27th. The incubation period for the virus has already come to fruition for those people. Then you have the 3 weeks of protesting thereafter. Its a rolling number. I think its fair to say we can attribute an uptick in cases to protesting but its unfair for people like Mush and Posada to exclude the fact that many of these states have reopened quickly without restrictions and without mandating people to wear masks. There is no evidence to their theory that most of the new cases are caused by protestors either.

    That's a big ****ing deal. That's why California made mask wearing mandatory after consecutive days of rises in cases.

    If these other governors want to thumb their nose at those things, they are just allowing for more people to get sick and die.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 08:49 PM.

  5. #7115
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,894
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...oor-masks.html

    https://elemental.medium.com/masks-h...t-9669fde45425

    Protesters in Seattle were encouraged to get tested for Covid-19. “Results are in from UW Medicine and out of 3,000 tests fewer than 1% were positive,” the city announced June 12. “To our knowledge and based on volunteered information, there is no evidence so far of people testing positive for COVID-19 from attending protests in Seattle.” In Minneapolis, about 1.4% of 3,300 protestors who were tested last week were found to have Covid-19.

    Boston found 1.08% positive cases among 1,288 people tested at sites designed for protestors, the city announced June 16. (City officials can’t say for sure if everyone tested had actually participated in protests). Boston requires all residents over age 2 “to use a face covering or mask in public places where maintaining proper social distancing measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are not possible.”
    There are more articles with % evidence as well.

    Early returns suggest the protests are not the cause for the spikes in numbers. I mean I tend to believe it contributes to a certain extent but again facts dont give a crap about people's feelings. It also can be some confirmation bias which is heavy in statistics.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 06:06 PM.

  6. #7116
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,588
    I don’t believe that Florida reopened too early or loosely . I mean California is still a hot spot for the virus and they were be of the last states to even start reopening . I still believe the protests have more to do with the spikes than reopening too soon . If the incubation of the virus is less than 3 weeks then why did it take 7 weeks after Florida completely opened for the spike to show up ? The protests started almost 4 weeks ago and in the last week we have seen the large spike that is just too much of a coincidence for me to believe the protests weren’t a major cause of the large spike . And on top of that not every protester went home after done protesting they went to the beach and bars too .
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-20-2020 at 09:26 PM.

  7. #7117
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,917
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    who the hell would waste their time or money on some dementia having old man who can't put more than 2.5 words together without ****ing up?
    I wouldn't do that for Trump either. They both suck.
    Ones an ***. Ones just plain stupid.
    Don't complain then, don't debate with Posada or RRZ. Don't point out their errors. You are doing nothing meaningful in the real world to make sure people who think like them prevail. Whatever, I get it. You want the world to be better but won't do a thing to bring it about. Go and dream of sports returning to escape some more. Don't want to give money then volunteer for a charity that works for the issues we have been discussing here . I just think your making an excuse for yourself by calling Biden incoherent to justify you being a bystander. Life is a participation sports. Get off the sidelines

  8. #7118
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,204
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Don't complain then, don't debate with Posada or RRZ. Don't point out their errors. You are doing nothing meaningful in the real world to make sure people who think like them prevail. Whatever, I get it. You want the world to be better but won't do a thing to bring it about. Go and dream of sports returning to escape some more. Don't want to give money then volunteer for a charity that works for the issues we have been discussing here . I just think your making an excuse for yourself by calling Biden incoherent to justify you being a bystander. Life is a participation sports. Get off the sidelines
    So someone doesn't want to donate to a politician and you act like this, dear lord.

    You need help.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 06-20-2020 at 09:25 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  9. #7119
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,917
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    So someone doesn't want to donate to a politician and you act like this, dear lord.

    You need help.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Volunteer for a cause or charity. Get active. Be part of the change. That sentiment makes me in need of help ?

  10. #7120
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I don’t believe that Florida reopened too early or loosely . I mean California is still a hot spot for the virus and they were be of the last states to even start reopening . I still believe the protests have more to do with the spikes than reopening too soon . If the incubation of the virus is less than 3 weeks then why did it take 7 weeks after Florida completely opened for the spike to show up ? The protests started almost 4 weeks ago and in the last week we have seen the large spike that is just too much of a coincidence for me to believe the protests weren’t a major cause of the large spike . And on top of that not every protester went home after done protesting they went to the beach and bars too .
    You can believe whatever you want. The numbers dont suggest or support that theory. Desantis is an idiot btw. He went from blaming younger people on resuming normal life (in a state he rushed to reopen and didnt have any guidelines for) to now blaming hispanic immigrants for the spread.

    Him and Trump have a lot in common in terms of accountability or lack thereof.

  11. #7121
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You can believe whatever you want. The numbers dont suggest or support that theory. Desantis is an idiot btw. He went from blaming younger people on resuming normal life (in a state he rushed to reopen and didnt have any guidelines for) to now blaming hispanic immigrants for the spread.

    Him and Trump have a lot in common in terms of accountability or lack thereof.

    Bars hold around 300 people max , protests had thousands to hundreds of thousands of people together . Which one is more likely to spread the virus to more people ? And on top of that there were people from out of state at said protests And do you really think that every new infected individual didn’t protest ? I believe common sense and logic before some numbers printed out by people working for the government .

  12. #7122
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Bars hold around 300 people max , protests had thousands to hundreds of thousands of people together . Which one is more likely to spread the virus to more people ? And on top of that there were people from out of state at said protests And do you really think that every new infected individual didn’t protest ? I believe common sense and logic before some numbers printed out by people working for the government .
    You're chalking it up to everything being linear. It doesn't work that way. If those people in bars, restaurants, stores, workplaces, etc are not wearing masks for weeks at a time, they can easily be a daisy chain for thousands of other hosts. If the idea is that this thing isn't as virulent in open spaces then wearing masks outside in protests clearly doesn't have the same transmission rate and the numbers support that theory.

    The University of Washington Medicine is not a government run organization btw.

    Again, you need factual proof if you're going to make a claim that a majority of new cases come from protestors.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 09:49 PM.

  13. #7123
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,204
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Volunteer for a cause or charity. Get active. Be part of the change. That sentiment makes me in need of help ?
    No, your anger towards GF and others who won't donate to Biden.

    You did the same thing with spiff.

    So, yes.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  14. #7124
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You're chalking it up to everything being linear. It doesn't work that way. If those people in bars, restaurants, stores, workplaces, etc are not wearing masks for weeks at a time, they can easily be a daisy chain for thousands of other hosts. If the idea is that this thing isn't as virulent in open spaces then wearing masks outside in protests clearly doesn't have the same transmission rate and the numbers support that theory.

    The University of Washington Medicine is not a government run organization btw.

    Again, you need factual proof if you're going to make a claim that a majority of new cases come from protestors.
    So one university is supposed to be the end all of facts ? Again I refuse to believe that the protests didn’t have anything to do with the spikes . I mean California was one of the last states to open up and they are also a big hot spot . I mean that alone should put doubts that reopening too early is the main cause for spikes

  15. 06-20-2020, 10:02 PM
    Reason
    Insults

  16. #7125
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    So one university is supposed to be the end all of facts ? Again I refuse to believe that the protests didn’t have anything to do with the spikes . I mean California was one of the last states to open up and they are also a big hot spot . I mean that alone should put doubts that reopening too early is the main cause for spikes
    No but they have actual numbers to back up their position. You have a "gut feeling" which in the grand scheme of things means ****. A gut feeling and a dollar fifty buys you a newspaper.

    California was another state that didnt mandate masks being worn.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •