Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 474 of 627 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    None of those other governors are doing complete lockdowns , just making face coverings required by law and “considering” pausing reopening a but nothing concrete yet . I still don’t see the logic in going back to a complete lock down as long as protests and marches are still going on across the country . Dude your first article is even titled “ why a second round of lock downs may not be as effective “ . It even states how difficult it would be to reinstate total lock downs and questions how effective it would be to decrease infections in house holds due to more people being infected now than during the first round of lock downs .
    More selective reading....Dude!. The subtitle spells it out: Shutdowns prevented new coronavirus infections and saved lives, but it may be harder to use them again.

By Umair Irfan Jun 16, 2020, 12:20pm EDT

Again you miss the point and push your own agenda. DeSantis has done NOTHING! Mayors and county execs are doing more. Not suggesting a total lockdown is in order, it may be at some point, but rather at least support masks and social distancing and a selective phased in approach to reopening. As the numbers climb, as indicated recently, the issue will be a top priority, it can't be ignored.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    More selective reading....Dude!. The subtitle spells it out: Shutdowns prevented new coronavirus infections and saved lives, but it may be harder to use them again.

Again you miss the point and push your own agenda. DeSantis has done NOTHING! Mayors and county execs are doing more. Not suggesting a total lockdown is in order, it may be at some point, but rather at least support masks and social distancing and a selective phased in approach to reopening. As the numbers climb, as indicated recently, the issue will be a top priority, it can't be ignored.
    You are the one with selective reading , the article states how a SECOND round of shut downs will not be as effective as the first round was and it being harder to implement was just one reason. last I checked face coverings were already required when going into public places here in Florida . So other than shut downs there isn’t a whole lot more desantis can do .

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

states which are heavily in debt are not going to get bailed out of their deficits so shutting down again will only make a terrible situation even worse...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    states which are heavily in debt are not going to get bailed out of their deficits so shutting down again will only make a terrible situation even worse...
    And like that article that drt posted , another round of shut downs won’t be as effective as the first round was . And why is only desantis getting attacked here when officials on other states aren’t doing much more than he has since the spikes started .

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Nope, if you feel guilty it's cause you know I am right. Otherwise I am just making a point as everyone else is. If your not doing something, even a small thing, your allowing evil to win. Get involved. You would find the money if it was sports related if it was during the economic crisis. Priorities, where are your priorities.... Gee Whiz are you that guy who has watched PBS forever and never made a pledge to support it ???
    LOFL I do not feel one bit guilty. Just pointing out your tactics. I spend my money on things I feel are worthwhile and/or will bring me joy. Biden ain't getting a dime from me.

You seriously sound like a cult member.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Well as long as protests and marches are happening here and across the country , why shouldnt Florida remain open ? And why aren’t the governors in the other 12 or so states that are seeing big spikes getting scrutinized like desantis is ?
    ....BuT wHaT aBoUt?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ....BuT wHaT aBoUt?
    You could write it on Posada and Mush's gravestones. Never about addressing an actual talking point. Always deflecting to something else.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 02:54 PM.

You are the one with selective reading , the article states how a SECOND round of shut downs will not be as effective as the first round was and it being harder to implement was just one reason. last I checked face coverings were already required when going into public places here in Florida . So other than shut downs there isn’t a whole lot more desantis can do .
    Really? The shut down was very effective in stopping the spread. Please see my early cited research on just how many lives were saved as a result in the US alone. No one disputes that. What they did allude to was enforcement second time around would be a challenge. Re-opening may have been a mistake. Once the genie is out of the bottle very difficult to get her back in!

I suggest you check again. "Last I checked" only Tampa/ St. Pete, Clearwater, Orlando and the Keys had mandatory public mask policy.

Pinellas County
    While a mandatory mask ordinance is not currently in place for Pinellas County, masks are required to be worn on public buses.

Citrus County
    Currently, there is not a mandatory mask ordinance in place.

DeSoto County

Hardee County

Hernando County

Highlands County

Manatee County

Pasco County

Polk County

Sarasota County

Hillsborough County
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-20-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

You left out the counties were the large spikes are the worst .
    Like in Miami dade country starting Monday masks will be required since the worst of the New outbreak Is there .

And tell me how mask requirements could even be totally enforced ? I mean thanks to all the protests , local law enforcement is already hamstrung when it comes to enforcing current and preexisting laws , do you think they will seriously want to waste time and resources enforcing face coverings and masks in public ?

Trump needs it though. They are going to accomplish so many things. Its totally not a glad handing farce of an event.

LOFL I do not feel one bit guilty. Just pointing out your tactics. I spend my money on things I feel are worthwhile and/or will bring me joy. Biden ain't getting a dime from me.

You seriously sound like a cult member.
    Your just cheap. And a person who is a bystander. You don't want to spend money, then volunteer your time. But I think your just cheap and find any excuse to not participate and do your part. You see what's going on but don't get involved. Life is not a sporting event you observe and merely spend hours commenting on. You spend hours online so you have the time to make a difference. Cult member for telling you to do your part in getting rid of a person and other politicians who do what they are doing and will do worse in four more years ? So you insult a person who tells you the truth.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 06-20-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Your just cheap. And a person who is a bystander. You don't want to spend money, then volunteer your time. But I think your just cheap and find any excuse to not participate and do your part. You see what's going on but don't get involved. Life is not a sporting event you observe and merely spend hours commenting on. You spend hours online so you have the time to make a difference. Cult member for telling you to do your part in getting rid of a person and other politicians who do what they are doing and will do worse in four more years ? So you insult a person who tells you the truth.
    who the hell would waste their time or money on some dementia having old man who can't put more than 2.5 words together without ****ing up?
    I wouldn't do that for Trump either. They both suck.
    Ones an ***. Ones just plain stupid.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 06-20-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Robert Reich
    @RBReich
    ·
    55m
    What Trump will not say at his rally today in Tulsa:

- Today I fired a US Attorney who was getting close to revealing the true depth of my corruption.

- You're here today to boost my ego, which has been sagging since my polls began tanking.

- Many of you will get COVID-19.