Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 473 of 627 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 9393
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    LOL. You bought DeSantis narrative hook, line and sinker. Actually Nick I suggest you dig (no pun intended) a little deeper.

According to the Post article: "Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried argued that the majority of farmworkers left several weeks ago after harvests ended and that the real uptick is in non-agricultural areas, according to the Miami Herald."

This state is projected to be the next epicenter.

The spike in Florida’s figures, with close to 90,000 cases and deaths surpassing 3,000, comes as the majority of its 67 counties reach the end of the second week of DeSantis’ “safe, smart, step-by-step” reopening plan. Beaches, bars and restaurants, movie theaters and entertainment venues are mostly open again.

DeSantis, meanwhile, contends that Florida is on the right track, arguing that the rising figures can be attributed to increased testing, particularly among younger residents, and concentrated pockets of outbreaks among agricultural workers, prison inmates and even a 52% positivity rate among airport workers – an unsubstantiated claim debunked by the Orlando Sentinel.

He refuses to consider calls to slow or reverse the pace of Florida’s reopening. “We’re not shutting down. We’re going to go forward. We’re not rolling back. You have to have society function,” DeSantis said on Tuesday.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...nrq-story.html
    Well, we will get to see first hand how "letting it wash over us" works.

Doc, if Dick'Santis doesn't at least close up a little, we are likely to see those 3000+ cases a day move to 4k, 5k within a couple weeks.

Again this is what people don't like to look at, 2 weeks at 3500 a day= 49k.
    1 week at 3500= 24500
    1. week at 4k= 28k
    1 week at 4500=31500
    1 2 week at 5 k= 35K
    =
    119000 cases in a month.

Will that happen? Hopefully not.
    Will I be shocked if Florida's hospitals are over run? I hope no but no.
    Will I be shocked if Florida loses 10k + lives? No.

Same will happen in texas , Georgia and any other state that either ignores data or simply doesn't care.

Look, if you just don 't give a ****, say it. Stop the BS. "Look. This stuff will kill you. The hospitals will get over run and we will lose more lives than necessary but I don't care. I'd rather you live your life however you want.
    We will implement a work from home order that allows people who don't need to be at their job site, to work from home. Aside from that, if you are scared, stay clear."

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    That is your opinion. If people want to go it is their choice. This is America?

You were not saying any of this when peaceful protesters in the past 3 weeks were not wearing masks or following guidelines from the CDC.

Why just a damn rally? What is the difference than a protest? That is what I mean about people moving the goalposts to whatever their opinion is.

Also, This is no different than going to a damn grocery store and seeing all of the idiots not following guidelines but will be ignored because it is a necessity. Bullspit!

Not moving goal posts. Being outdoors and in a huge space is very different than thousands of people yelling and screaming inside of a small indoor space.

It's different.

They have every right to do it.

But it is different

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Well, we will get to see first hand how "letting it wash over us" works.

Doc, if Dick'Santis doesn't at least close up a little, we are likely to see those 3000+ cases a day move to 4k, 5k within a couple weeks.

Again this is what people don't like to look at, 2 weeks at 3500 a day= 49k.
    1 week at 3500= 24500
    1. week at 4k= 28k
    1 week at 4500=31500
    1 2 week at 5 k= 35K
    =
    119000 cases in a month.

Will that happen? Hopefully not.
    Will I be shocked if Florida's hospitals are over run? I hope no but no.
    Will I be shocked if Florida loses 10k + lives? No.

Same will happen in texas , Georgia and any other state that either ignores data or simply doesn't care.

Look, if you just don 't give a ****, say it. Stop the BS. "Look. This stuff will kill you. The hospitals will get over run and we will lose more lives than necessary but I don't care. I'd rather you live your life however you want.
    We will implement a work from home order that allows people who don't need to be at their job site, to work from home. Aside from that, if you are scared, stay clear."
    I would hate to see any loss of life. Using deaths (Posada) as a scorecard and an indication of health and high function is a macabre, dysfunctional perspective.

Exponential spread. You are on the money. I just read both Fauci and Birx warned against an indoor rally for those exact reasons. In addition you will have people from out of state carrying the virus home, another cluster and potential for exponential growth.

I wish DeSantis motives could be ascribed to libertarian principles, but I am am afraid not. He is motivated by money (commerce) and his orders from orange glow.

How many needless Covid-19 deaths were caused by delays in responding? Most of them
    By ISAAC SEBENIUS and JAMES K. SEBENIUSJUNE 19, 2020

More than 120,000 Americans have now perished from Covid-19, surpassing the total number of U.S. dead during World War I. Had American leaders taken the decisive, early measures that several other nations took when they had exactly the same information the U.S. did, at exactly the same time in their experience of the novel coronavirus, how many of these Covid-19 deaths could have been prevented?

Two recent studies published in Nature confirm the “astonishing effectiveness” of the type of government interventions we have discussed, especially when adopted early. Our analysis shows that with the same actions actually taken by other nations large and small, from East and West, the U.S. could have prevented 70% to 99% of its Covid-19 deaths. This has been a needless tragedy.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/19/...vid-19-deaths/

Just a question, anyone can answer. When the social distancing and business closures happened some folks argued that more people would die from the effects of slowing the economy then from the virus. Some people here I believe made that argument. Well how many people have died from the virus and how many from the economic downturn ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Just a question, anyone can answer. When the social distancing and business closures happened some folks argued that more people would die from the effects of slowing the economy then from the virus. Some people here I believe made that argument. Well how many people have died from the virus and how many from the economic downturn ?
    Well, at least the known, 120000 have died from the virus.

From the economic aspect? No one has died per se, but the restaurant and bar industry will be in a shambles, as will other non essential businesses. It will be, I believe catastrophic going forward but no one will die unless by their own hand.

My guess? 120k to 10?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post

Bueller.....Bueller ..... Bueller.

Desantis can close everything again but as long as protests and marches are still happening here and across the country , will the spikes in cases truly end? And out of the new cases here in Florida how many of those cases required hospitalizations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Desantis can close everything again but as long as protests and marches are still happening here and across the country , will the spikes in cases truly end? And out of the new cases here in Florida how many of those cases required hospitalizations ?
    Jorge you have one of the most vulnerable populations in the country. Experts are predicting it could be the next epicenter. But yet you have a governor who turns a blind eye to the seriousness, instead steadfastly maintains Fla will remain open for business. Trump has an ally. He is a good soldier.

At what point does he realize he needs to take appropriate action to protect the people?

Jorge you have one of the most vulnerable populations in the country. Experts are predicting it could be the next epicenter. But yet you have a governor who turns a blind eye to the seriousness, instead steadfastly maintains Fla will remain open for business. Trump has an ally. He is a good soldier.

At what point does he realize he needs to take appropriate action to protect the people?
    Well as long as protests and marches are happening here and across the country , why shouldnt Florida remain open ? And why aren’t the governors in the other 12 or so states that are seeing big spikes getting scrutinized like desantis is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well as long as protests and marches are happening here and across the country , why shouldnt Florida remain open ? And why aren’t the governors in the other 12 or so states that are seeing big spikes getting scrutinized like desantis is ?
    Why? Because he's arrogant and a Trump sycophant more interested in pleasing him than fullfilling his moral obligation to the people of Fla. Remember last to close first to open. The state is now showing record number of new infections, nearly 4,000 new cases, a record single-day increase. My concern is for the extremely vulnerable population. His disregard for the welfare and well being is cause for concern and imo outrage.

Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings said in a statement that he signed an executive order Thursday mandating face coverings. Not the governor.

Palm Beach County commissioners will discuss a similar mandate on Tuesday, Commissioner Melissa McKinlay said Friday on CNN's New Day. Not the governor.

"I'm hoping my colleagues will agree with some of us who've made that ask," she said.
    McKinlay said the public's resistance to wearing masks when outside their homes may come down to virus fatigue. "Florida opened up very quickly," she told CNN. "People thought that that was a return to normal."

An infectious disease expert with Florida International University warned against minimizing the risk.
    "If you minimize the risk of a dangerous pathogen and put more lives at risk to prop up business, what you get is at best a temporary gain, which will boomerang and produce a far worse outcome for both health and wealth," said Dr. Aileen M. Marty, director of the Health Travel Medicine Program and Vaccine Clinic.

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown put a pause on reopening, after the state reported what was at the time its highest number of COVID-19 cases in a single day on Thursday (June 11). Officials in Houston are also considering issuing another stay-in-place order, although the city may be prohibited from having more strict rules than the state, according to Vox.
    Californians will be required to wear face coverings in indoor public places, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Thursday. Illinois requires face coverings while in public. Oregon Gov. Kate Brown announced a similar mandate for seven counties beginning June 24.

Similar measures are being considered in North Carolina and Arizona, where Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane is developing an ordinance with a legal team.

People in Phoenix will be required to wear a face mask whenever they are within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of their family or household, Mayor Kate Gallego tweeted.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/16/212882...ening-lockdown

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/healt...day/index.html

Why? Because he's arrogant and a Trump sycophant more interested in pleasing him than fullfilling his moral obligation to the people of Fla. Remember last to close first to open. The state is now showing record number of new infections, nearly 4,000 new cases, a record single-day increase. My concern is for the extremely vulnerable population. His disregard for the welfare and well being is cause for concern and imo outrage.

Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings said in a statement that he signed an executive order Thursday mandating face coverings. Not the governor.

Palm Beach County commissioners will discuss a similar mandate on Tuesday, Commissioner Melissa McKinlay said Friday on CNN's New Day. Not the governor.

"I'm hoping my colleagues will agree with some of us who've made that ask," she said.
    McKinlay said the public's resistance to wearing masks when outside their homes may come down to virus fatigue. "Florida opened up very quickly," she told CNN. "People thought that that was a return to normal."

An infectious disease expert with Florida International University warned against minimizing the risk.
    "If you minimize the risk of a dangerous pathogen and put more lives at risk to prop up business, what you get is at best a temporary gain, which will boomerang and produce a far worse outcome for both health and wealth," said Dr. Aileen M. Marty, director of the Health Travel Medicine Program and Vaccine Clinic.

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown put a pause on reopening, after the state reported what was at the time its highest number of COVID-19 cases in a single day on Thursday (June 11). Officials in Houston are also considering issuing another stay-in-place order, although the city may be prohibited from having more strict rules than the state, according to Vox.
    Californians will be required to wear face coverings in indoor public places, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Thursday. Illinois requires face coverings while in public. Oregon Gov. Kate Brown announced a similar mandate for seven counties beginning June 24.

Similar measures are being considered in North Carolina and Arizona, where Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane is developing an ordinance with a legal team.

People in Phoenix will be required to wear a face mask whenever they are within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of their family or household, Mayor Kate Gallego tweeted.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/16/212882...ening-lockdown

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/healt...day/index.html
    None of those other governors are doing complete lockdowns , just making face coverings required by law and “considering” pausing reopening a but nothing concrete yet . I still don’t see the logic in going back to a complete lock down as long as protests and marches are still going on across the country . Dude your first article is even titled “ why a second round of lock downs may not be as effective “ . It even states how difficult it would be to reinstate total lock downs and questions how effective it would be to decrease infections in house holds due to more people being infected now than during the first round of lock downs .
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-20-2020 at 12:57 PM.

For those areas that have had mass protests over the last three or so weeks has there been spikes in cases?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    For those areas that have had mass protests over the last three or so weeks has there been spikes in cases?

There were lArge protests here in southern and northern Florida and we know about the ones in California and in Texas and they have seen large spikes in the virus as well

What I am wondering is now that nyc is reopened too , will there be a spike there in about 2 weeks or so?