Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 471 of 627 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 9393
  1. #7051
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Nah that wouldn’t be a lie at all and I would actually respect your opinion .
    Yes, it would be a lie....and the last thing in the world I care about is your respect.

    I was someone who thought everyone was always overreacting about any and everything Trump did just until about 4 months ago or so. Often played devil's advocate to everyone on PSD crying about Trump's every word and every move. That is over though. The guy is an indefensible piece of ****, yet people like you worship the ground he walks on and make every excuse imaginable for him and his brain dead followers.

  2. #7052
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Just save us time and admit that the reason you don’t want the rallies held is because they are for trump and you can’t stand him . Atleast your argument would hold some merit
    You are only partially correct. I have no problem admitting I can't stand Trump. My familiarity with his racist con goes back many years, probably late 70's. (When he was a D, by the way. Did you know that Jorge? Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time changed his party affiliation five times. ) The issue with the rally, as I have stated repeatedly, is the blatant ego gratification at the expense of peoples well being. Do you think he cares about the people in Tulsa?

  3. #7053
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,202
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/confedera...165910098.html

    Go figure that an old white senator from Missouri would be trying to stall a bill that would remove confederate statues that remind people of racist history.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2020 at 08:59 PM.

  4. #7054
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You are only partially correct. I have no problem admitting I can't stand Trump. My familiarity with his racist con goes back many years, probably late 70's. (When he was a D, by the way. Did you know that Jorge? Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time changed his party affiliation five times. ) The issue with the rally, as I have stated repeatedly, is the blatant ego gratification at the expense of peoples well being. Do you think he cares about the people in Tulsa?
    my point is that the people have the right to go to his rallies . Oh and I already know about how many times trump changed his political affiliation. Thing is politicians on both sides of the isle had no problem coming to trump for his money from the 80s right up until a few years before he decided to run for president . And Hillary Clinton was one of those politicians who approached him for his money , and so did Romney and McCain . Heck he even donated to Biden once , cuomo and Schumer over the years .

    https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_D...ical_donations
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-19-2020 at 09:14 PM.

  5. #7055
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    my point is that the people have the right to go to his rallies . Oh and I already know about how many times trump changed his political affiliation. Thing is politicians on both sides of the isle had no problem coming to trump for his money from the 80s right up until a few years before he decided to run for president . And Hillary Clinton was one of those politicians who approached him for his money , and so did Romney and McCain . Heck he even donated to Biden once , cuomo and Schumer over the years .

    https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_D...ical_donations
    OK .... what page are we on? I don't believe anyone questions peoples right to attend! What is being questioned is the soundness of the decision given the current climate. Amidst a pandemic and racial tension he decides it's a good time to have his ego stroked. So if you are willing to admit he doesn't care about the people in Tulsa, how can you give tacit approval to it?

  6. #7056
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,202
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    OK .... what page are we on? I don't believe anyone questions peoples right to attend! What is being questioned is the soundness of the decision given the current climate. Amidst a pandemic and racial tension he decides it's a good time to have his ego stroked. So if you are willing to admit he doesn't care about the people in Tulsa, how can you give tacit approval to it?
    https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b611f456998a65

    You have Oklahoma Republican party members speaking out against it. The mayor of Tulsa (who is a Republican) is not attending. I don't understand how people equate protesting against racism to a dog and pony show that is a Trump rally. There are legitimately no good reasons for him to hold it.

  7. #7057
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,201
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b611f456998a65

    You have Oklahoma Republican party members speaking out against it. The mayor of Tulsa (who is a Republican) is not attending. I don't understand how people equate protesting against racism to a dog and pony show that is a Trump rally. There are legitimately no good reasons for him to hold it.
    Not that hard. Trump rally is a cluster **** of people gathered in one area.

    Protestors are multiple cluster ****s of people gathered all over the country.

    There is currently a pandemic going on called covid19. Everyone has been instructed to practice social distancing.
    Neither Trump rallies nor protesting demonstrate social distancing.

    One is considered okay bc it's for a good cause. The other is not bc people don't like Trump. I'm sure if Obama or some other Saint did it it would be considered just fine.

    Nobody said the 2 groups have equal meaning, they obviously don't, but both are the complete opposite the whole social distancing, stop the spread of covid goal.

  8. #7058
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Not that hard. Trump rally is a cluster **** of people gathered in one area.

    Protestors are multiple cluster ****s of people gathered all over the country.

    There is currently a pandemic going on called covid19. Everyone has been instructed to practice social distancing.
    Neither Trump rallies nor protesting demonstrate social distancing.

    One is considered okay bc it's for a good cause. The other is not bc people don't like Trump. I'm sure if Obama or some other Saint did it it would be considered just fine.

    Nobody said the 2 groups have equal meaning, they obviously don't, but both are the complete opposite the whole social distancing, stop the spread of covid goal.
    That is what I have been saying this whole time . Now if he can only admit that the reason why he is against the trump rallies is because he hates trump and anything to do with him , we could move on from this convo
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-19-2020 at 10:32 PM.

  9. #7059
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b611f456998a65

    You have Oklahoma Republican party members speaking out against it. The mayor of Tulsa (who is a Republican) is not attending. I don't understand how people equate protesting against racism to a dog and pony show that is a Trump rally. There are legitimately no good reasons for him to hold it.
    If it wasn’t election year I doubt those republicans would be caring about that rally .

  10. #7060
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    OK .... what page are we on? I don't believe anyone questions peoples right to attend! What is being questioned is the soundness of the decision given the current climate. Amidst a pandemic and racial tension he decides it's a good time to have his ego stroked. So if you are willing to admit he doesn't care about the people in Tulsa, how can you give tacit approval to it?
    If he wants to hold a rally and people want to go then again I don’t see why he shouldn’t . I say get over it and move on .

  11. #7061
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,202
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Not that hard. Trump rally is a cluster **** of people gathered in one area.

    Protestors are multiple cluster ****s of people gathered all over the country.

    There is currently a pandemic going on called covid19. Everyone has been instructed to practice social distancing.
    Neither Trump rallies nor protesting demonstrate social distancing.

    One is considered okay bc it's for a good cause. The other is not bc people don't like Trump. I'm sure if Obama or some other Saint did it it would be considered just fine.

    Nobody said the 2 groups have equal meaning, they obviously don't, but both are the complete opposite the whole social distancing, stop the spread of covid goal.
    Obama wouldn't do something that selfish and irresponsible. Large groups of people congregating is not the point. Its the motive behind why one group is out there and why the other is at the behest of an idiot president who cares more about people cheering for him than their safety. There is literally not one good reason why Trump should hold a rally.

    The idea of fighting against racism is a much different cause. Nobody is arguing that there is danger in the spread for both sides. Its about how unnecessary it is to hold a Trump circle jerk.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 07:38 AM.

  12. #7062
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Obama wouldn't do something that selfish and irresponsible. Two groups of people congregating is not the point. Its the motive behind why one is protesting and another one is looking to gather 20,000 people together for no reason other than one man's narcissism. There are no good reasons for Trump to hold a rally.

    The idea of fighting against racism is a much different cause. Nobody is arguing that there is danger to both. Its about the necessity of putting people in jeopardy when all those 20,000 people are voting for Trump anyway.
    We get it you hate trump and he doesn’t have the right to hold a rally because he is evil .

  13. #7063
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    That is what I have been saying this whole time . Now if he can only admit that the reason why he is against the trump rallies is because he hates trump and anything to do with him , we could move on from this convo
    I'm against any entity who encourages large groups of people to gather together for no legitimate reason. A Trump rally is like the SF Giants telling fans they can fill Oracle Park for Opening day or the Weekend holding a concert for 30,000 people. All 3 events being completely purposeless during a pandemic but only one person is stupid and irresponsible to hold something of that magnitude. Our president.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 03:22 AM.

  14. #7064
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    We get it you hate trump and he doesn’t have the right to hold a rally because he is evil .
    I don't like Trump. That should be fairly obvious at this point. However, i dont lie like you do in regards to my feelings about him. You try to say you hate all government but its pretty apparent you are a big Donald Trump supporter.

    Yeah he has every right to hold a rally if he wants to but just because he can doesn't mean he should be stupid to do it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-20-2020 at 07:36 AM.

  15. #7065
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Can it.

    Anyone paying attention knows Biden is a superior option to Trump. Sure don't mean we need to pretend to be excited about him or donate money to his campaign.

    Voting is more than enough. Don't need a pep talk about this uninspiring candidate or getting guilted in to donating during an economic crisis.
    Nope, if you feel guilty it's cause you know I am right. Otherwise I am just making a point as everyone else is. If your not doing something, even a small thing, your allowing evil to win. Get involved. You would find the money if it was sports related if it was during the economic crisis. Priorities, where are your priorities.... Gee Whiz are you that guy who has watched PBS forever and never made a pledge to support it ???
    Last edited by flimflamman; 06-20-2020 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Typos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •