Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 469 of 627 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah suddenly after several weeks of large protests across this country I am supposed to suddenly care about the virus again and deny the people the right to gather at a rally supporting the president . I didn’t know the virus only infected those at rallies for the president and at bars And beaches .
    You should always care about the virus in any context. You're not telling me something i dont know. I said 2 weeks ago that i was concerned with the protests in relation to the virus. Yeah you should care if someone is stupid enough to hold a rally during a pandemic. Speaks to their lack of leadership, the fact that they can't set an example, and the fact that he spits in the face of all the medical evidence so that he can feel better about himself.

They infect people everywhere. The fact you try to blame its spread mostly on the protests speaks more about you than anything else. It certainly has nothing to do with the states that opened sooner, resumed regular business and didn't require people to wear masks. No nothing .

[QUOTE=drt1010;33508798]Under that same constitution we the people, have the right to protest without fear and intimidation!!

Why is it so hard to understand this rally like all others is a publicity stunt to fuel Trumps depleted sense of self. He needs the adulation, it feeds him. He must be stroked and soothed like a child. Reassured he's the biggest and best and everyone loves him. "Look at those crowds, will ya just look at those crowds....They love me" "I could shoot someone on 5th ave and I wouldn't lose any votes"[

It might be but again the people have the right to go to it . And if people want to protest the rally they have the right to , but we all know not everyone protesting against the rally will be peaceful . You admitted it earlier when you said it’s gonna get bad there .

And holding and going to large protests across the country for weeks on end during a pandemic is not any less a risk to the public than going to one rally in one state . To complain about the risk of the virus at one rally and stay mostly mute on the risk of the virus at The many large gatherings of people at protests around this country just makes no sense at all .
    No its not because eventually this pandemic will have an end. Systemic racism, police brutality, profiling minority cultures, doesn't seem to have one unless actions are taken. I know this hard for you to understand but cause matters. There's a big difference between wanting to stop hundreds of years of racism (thats killed millions of people in its own right) and a narcissistic ******* holding a 20,000 person circle jerk to hear himself get cheered.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You should always care about the virus in any context. You're not telling me something i dont know. I said 2 weeks ago that i was concerned with the protests in relation to the virus. Yeah you should care if someone is stupid enough to hold a rally during a pandemic. Speaks to their lack of leadership, the fact that they can't set an example, and the fact that he spits in the face of all the medical evidence so that he can feel better about himself.

They infect people everywhere. The fact you try to blame its spread mostly on the protests speaks more about you than anything else. It certainly has nothing to do with the states that opened sooner, resumed regular business and didn't require people to wear masks. No nothing .
    I never said the virus wouldn’t spread from this rally . I only pointed out that to use the virus as an excuse to not hold one rally really doesn’t hold water when there have been large protests going on for weeks now and will continue to go on . As long as there are protests going on with large amounts of people attending them then it’s only fair for rallies to be allowed . To not allow one but allow the other just reeks of hypocrisy .

No its not because eventually this pandemic will have an end. Systemic racism, police brutality, profiling minority cultures, doesn't seem to have one unless actions are taken. I know this hard for you to understand but cause matters. There's a big difference between wanting to stop hundreds of years of racism (thats killed millions of people in its own right) and a narcissistic ******* holding a 20,000 people circle jerk to hear himself get cheered.
    Again large gatherings during a pandemic isn’t safe regardless the reason behind them . But at the same time I respect the right of the people to protest injustice or to support the President
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-19-2020 at 06:42 PM.

I never said the virus wouldn’t spread from this rally . I only pointed out that to use the virus as an excuse to not hold one rally really doesn’t hold water when there have been large protests going on for weeks now and will continue to go on . As long as there are protests going on with large amounts of people attending them then it’s only fair for rallies to be allowed . To not allow one but allow the other just reeks of hypocrisy .
    What is the point of the rally? The people attending are voting for Trump. You do realize that right? Its not like they are wavering on they are going to vote for in November. These are staunch Trump supporters that will vote for him no matter what. He's not accomplishing anything. All he is doing is putting unnecessarily in danger to hear himself talk and get a loud ovation.

That's irresponsible and stupid. Fighting for the end of racism, the reformation of police, etc is not. Again "cause" eludes you. You're too busy defending Trump to see it.

There's a difference between protesting systemic racism, police brutality, violence against minorities, and a president gathering 20,000 people together to stroke his ego. As a president, he should understand that gathering people together to have a "rah, rah" event is a bad idea.

But Trump doesn't give a **** about that stuff. He's an ego maniacal *******.
    So multiple large groups of protesting literally all over the country are okay during covid, but large groups of Trump supporters are not?
    Theres really no difference other than most people dislike Trump, so they frown upon his gatherings.
    Allow them all or allow none. Can't get pissy about Trumps people then support protesting.
    I'm not in any way supporting Trump, just don't see why one is cool and one is bad.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 06-19-2020 at 07:12 PM.

And holding and going to large protests across the country for weeks on end during a pandemic is not any less a risk to the public than going to one rally in one state . To complain about the risk of the virus at one rally and stay mostly mute on the risk of the virus at The many large gatherings of people at protests around this country just makes no sense at all .
    Can't believe I'm 100% agreeing with one of your posts, but I 100% agree here.

What is the point of the rally? The people attending are voting for Trump. You do realize that right? Its not like they are wavering on they are going to vote for in November. These are staunch Trump supporters that will vote for him no matter what. He's not accomplishing anything. All he is doing is putting unnecessarily in danger to hear himself talk and get a loud ovation.

That's irresponsible and stupid. Fighting for the end of racism, the reformation of police, etc is not. Again "cause" eludes you. You're too busy defending Trump to see it.
    The virus spreads everywhere and in large gatherings no matter how noble the reason is. And many more people were at risk of exposure to the virus at those protests than at a few rallies . So to complain about the risk of the virus at one rally after weeks of protests really makes no sense . Now if you want to say those rallies shouldn’t be taking place because the president doesn’t need them and you disagree with them , I can actually respect that opinion .
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-19-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    So multiple large groups of protesting literally all over the country are okay during covid, but large groups of Trump supporters are not?
    Theres really no difference other than most people dislike Trump, so they frown upon his gatherings.
    Allow them all or allow one. Can't get pissy about Trumps people then support protesting.
    I'm not in any way supporting Trump, just don't see why one is cool and one is bad.
    Never said its a great idea but the cause is worthy. Racism has killed millions of people in its own right. Unfortunate timing doesn't diminish what people are standing for. Yeah, it would have been great if we got racism, police reformation, etc out of the way years ago but we haven't. We progress slowly as a nation.

There's no worthy cause for Trump and his constituents. Its a 20,000 person circle jerk that serves no real purpose. I never said you shouldn't allow it. I said the president should be smart enough not to hold it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2020 at 07:01 PM.

The virus spreads everywhere and in large gatherings no matter how noble the reason is. And many more people were at risk of exposure to the virus at those protests than at a few rallies . So to complain about the risk of the virus at one rally after weeks of protests really makes no sense . Now if you want to say those rallies shouldn’t be taking place because the president doesn’t need them and you disagree with them , I can actually respect that opinion .
    I'm not complaining about the rally. I'm complaining about the idiot holding it and for the reasons he is doing so. I'm sorry if you dont know the difference between holding protests that is a cause for a real change in humanity (and has ramifications for however long the human race is on this Earth) and something where one guy wants to hear himself talk in front of 20,000 people who love him.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Allow them all or allow one. Can't get pissy about Trumps people then support protesting.
    That is exactly what I have been trying to say in this thread . You will never see me at a rally for any politician at any time . Not even for trump .

You will never see me at a rally for any politician at any time . Not even for trump .
    Yeah I call ******** on this.

I'm not complaining about the rally. I'm complaining about the idiot holding it and for the reasons he is doing so. I'm sorry if you dont know the difference between holding protests that is a cause for a real change in humanity (and has ramifications for however long the human race is on this Earth) and something where one guy wants to hear himself talk in front of 20,000 people who love him.
    As long as you don’t bring up the virus as a reason why it shouldn’t be held then complain all you want . But I will still support the right of the people to get together to support the president

As long as you don’t bring up the virus as a reason why it shouldn’t be held then complain all you want . But I will still support the right of the people to get together to support the president
    Given your track record, I'd bet if Biden was doing this, you would be all over him. Then again, Biden wouldn't be dumb and insensitive enough to hold a rally during a pandemic.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-19-2020 at 07:22 PM.