Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 452 of 627 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 9393
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    New York Gov. Cuomo Threatens To Shut Down Hamptons, Manhattan For Not Following Social Distancing Rules

https://deadline-com.cdn.ampproject....-1202958787%2F

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    New York Gov. Cuomo Threatens To Shut Down Hamptons, Manhattan For Not Following Social Distancing Rules

https://deadline-com.cdn.ampproject....-1202958787%2F

I am glad he is paying attention. There was video of people partying on St. Marks in the village, not wearing masks, etc. Cuomo threatened bars and restaurants as well saying he will revoke their liquor licenses if they serve too many patrons.

Its going to be impossible to keep so many 20 somethings sitting home all summer in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, etc. There are going to be outbreaks of this again.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-15-2020 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am glad he is paying attention. There was video of people partying on St. Marks in the village, not wearing masks, etc. Cuomo threatened bars and restaurants as well saying he will revoke their liquor licenses if they serve too many patrons.

Its going to be impossible to keep so many 20 somethings from sitting home all summer in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, etc. There are going to be outbreaks of this again.
    I don't live far from the fire island ferries. I have friends who work the ferries during the summer as captains and what not. They're saying boats have about 400 seat capacity and they're having to turn a ton of people away do to max capacity during the distancing protocols. He says fire island is like a mad house, it's packed.

There is a bar near me that has had the cops there everyday because they're not following the states guidelines. It's insane.

I get it. We've been couped up. But not following the guidelines is only going to lead to an increase that shuts things down again. Does no one good.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I don't live far from the fire island ferries. I have friends who work the ferries during the summer as captains and what not. They're saying boats have about 400 seat capacity and they're having to turn a ton of people away do to max capacity during the distancing protocols. He says fire island is like a mad house, it's packed.

There is a bar near me that has had the cops there everyday because they're not following the states guidelines. It's insane.

I get it. We've been couped up. But not following the guidelines is only going to lead to an increase that shuts things down again. Does no one good.

It's been what? 3 or 4 months. I think a lot of people are just sick of it all and getting to a point where they say "**** it," and go do what they want.
    Keeping things locked down longer and longer isn't going to help either imo. As we get into summer wayyyyyy more people are also going to say "**** it."

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    It's been what? 3 or 4 months. I think a lot of people are just sick of it all and getting to a point where they say "**** it," and go do what they want.
    Keeping things locked down longer and longer isn't going to help either imo. As we get into summer wayyyyyy more people are also going to say "**** it."
    Here is the thing. That mentality is just going to cause things to be locked down longer.

Because dictator Cuomo has already said he will shut **** back down.

You could say the same with the protests though. But, at least a majority of protestors(not the violent ones because **** those *******s), were wearing masks.

These people, are not.

Here is the thing. That mentality is just going to cause things to be locked down longer.

Because dictator Cuomo has already said he will shut **** back down.

You could say the same with the protests though. But, at least a majority of protestors(not the violent ones because **** those *******s), were wearing masks.

These people, are not.

I could see it eventually getting to the point where enough people are tired of all the lock downs that there's no possible way for law enforcement, government, etc to do anything about it.

There's a middle ground here which seems near impossible for our selfish, simpleton population: carefully open things up while taking as much precautions as possible with masks and distancing.

I could see it eventually getting to the point where enough people are tired of all the lock downs that there's no possible way for law enforcement, government, etc to do anything about it.
    See: Spiff above.

Also, if bars don't follow the rule, liquor licenses can be taken away. Business licenses for restaurants, other places of business. So, it's possible. Although, I'd really hope it doesn't come to that.

Really disappointed about live pd. I think they did a wonderful job of portraying what police do and deal with day in and out. It also showed all the good that they actually do within the communities they serve.

Everything will be gone with the wind!

Absolutely pathetic on how sensitive people are. And for no reason with a lot of the cancellations.

It has come to that?

For what?

What does any of those shows have to do with George Floyd?

And was George Floyd some saint?

People are saying he was better than MLK?

Huh?

Explain that one to me.

Again, the dumb police officer will be found guilty. What more else needs to be done?

I get reform and that is obviously going to happen.

Defund the police is not the damn answer and that is just complete overreaction for no reason.

Then you have the Seattle ďsummer of loveĒ idiots there for a cause because of George Floyd.

But those morons demand FREE COLLEGE! As soon as I heard that I crossed them off as being legitimate with regards to George Floyd. Really? Free college now when that has nothing to do with George Floyd. Then they have their own borders, their own guns and their own police force within their summer of love that is there for a block party celebration according to the idiotic Mayor.

Tell, that to the local business owners in that zone.

It is like nobody will EVER BE SATISFIED with anything in this Country.

When Obama became President I thought the Country would finally be happy with regards to what had happened prior to 1865. But it never stops! And it never will.And that is what I donít understand. And then the next group will come forward and start their protests about how their people was suppressed back in the day.

FDR was a huge racist as well. How about the 10 or so concentration camps that was constructed back in 1941-1942? Why isnít the left protesting that horrible decision?

My point is we can go on and on with every single horrible thing that was done to people in the US since our Country was formed. A lot of bad things had happened to groups of people in the US. All races had been affected in some sort of way.

But we can only go forward and try to never to let those things happen ever again but that doesnít mean you ERASE HISTORY. What does that accomplish? People need to be reminded! Iím talking about the history books in schools, tv cancellations for no reason. The left thinks they can create a Utopian Universe, NOT HAPPENING!

Why canít we all get along?

When has anybody in this world ever gotten along with everybody perfectly?

It will never happen.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-15-2020 at 05:21 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Wow. That's so. much Mush!

Mush, did you sleep on the couch last night?
    Clown, Thais why I try to leave for a few days or so. I have an opinion.

This damn virus created this mess. I just want normalcy back for a change and just have opinions on the Yankees and how bad Brian Cashman is with constructing a 40 man roster.

The problem in this country is everybody has their own opinions on every single subject.

My problem is when one side has an opinion the other side things theirs are the only correct opinion. It drives me nuts at times. I apologize if I say something that people for the most part donít agree with on this forum. This forum is obviously leaned toward the left. I have no issue of that. But my issue is I get grouped with the jack wagons that make the otherside of the aisle look bad. Both sides have jack wagons that make their side look bad at times. But since I support some ideas of the Orange Turd I get labeled a Trump loving fool and then my opinions will always be wrong because of the few ideas I support.

For the last damn time, Iím on the fence with 99% of issues and go to both sides on different subjects and issues. Iím not against abortion. But since I support something Trump promotes I get classified as an idiot who loves Trump to no end. And that is ridiculous. I disagree with a lot of his comments and some ideas.

Is baseball ever coming back?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-15-2020 at 05:36 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

He has no reliable sources. He makes it up as he goes along. He probably heard it on Fox News first though.
    Do I irritate you?

1986 was a long time ago, I get it. Your Mets will get a WS win in the future again. Relax and have fun and donít leT peopleís opinions irritate you to no end.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Trump is a deterrent? No, the rest of the world has no respect for him, they laugh at him behind his back. They know he might be bat shite crazy so they fear his impetuous, impulsive, reactionary nature and potential to irrationally retaliate for perceived infantile slight. But be clear, they do not respect him, they fear his instability. Think about that for a moment!
    That is fine Dr. But why should I vote for Joe Biden?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree. Not time to gloat or sit on our laurels.

But worth noting progress is being made. It's the efforts of individuals doing their part, taking it seriously and realizing there is a collective need at stake.

Andrew Cuomo@NYGovCuomo
    3h
    We lost 23 New Yorkers to COVID yesterday ó a new record low.

Total COVID hospitalizations fell to 1,657, the lowest since March 20.

The data show weíre continuing to make great progress.
    But Dr, as soon as NY reopens the numbers will spike.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

How much of that is due to limited access to things they normally do though? Essentially people have been able to go to the grocery store, run a few errands, etc. All the leisure stuff is just opening in places like Long Island and is still closed in New York City. Again, i'm more concerned with population density. Any place where people on top of each other (like in Brooklyn where i'm at) is an issue. People readily taking the subway, the bus, just proximity issues in general then telling people they can resume going to Manhattan to drink, etc. Yeah, curtailed capacity but really?

Human nature says that people will be out and about again and they'll be no shortages of businesses (that just lost 3 months of income) to accommodate them past regulation.

Its great to make progress but i would tread very lightly.
    So you want to stay completely closed until a vaccine is ready?

Got it.....you donít need to tell me anymore.....
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    But Dr, as soon as NY reopens the numbers will spike.
    No question that possibility exists. My point was people were able to abide by guidelines and work toward a common goal. It can be done.