Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 627 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145545 ... LastLast
    I am absolutely not saying in anyway shape or form Trump did everything correctly. I do agree he made some misleading comments , i also believe that he was trying to be more of a cheerleader and chief and trying to spin some positivism and possibly trying to give best case scenario instead of inciting more worry and panic. There are plenty of other people out there that are giving the worst case scenarios that people can listen to. Were all his action the right thing to do, nope. Has everything he has done been completely wrong absolutely not. I think some people forget that this kind of pandemic hasn't happened in our lifetime. There is no manual or playbook to tell the government exactly what to do or how to do it, the world, including Trump is learning on the fly.

If its found that he is truly making a slush fund for his and his buddies companies with this relief bill then he should be absolutely held accountable and feet held to the fire.

That said a gallop poll taken yesterday shows that close to 65% of the country believes he has done a good job handling the pandemic.

Just as i believe its asinine to say this is all China's fault and they should be somehow be held accountable for all this, I believe its just as asinine to mainly blame Trump for everything that not going perfectly in this country. He, as no president before him is NOT a Doctor and the advise and recommendations he's getting are only as good as the people he has advising him. There are alot more people involved in making these recommendations. forecasts models, predictions and decisions than just Trump. He's not the one that is directly buying medical equipment, ect , there are teams of people doing that and giving him reports. The states and federal government should be working together not fighting each other for resources. Its incredibly counter productive and doesn't help anyone one the ground get what they sick people need any sooner.
    I do believe that Trump did the right thing reenacting the law from WW2 that gets factories, ie alcohol manufacturers making hand sanitizer, car manufactures making respirators ect

No one IMO is doing anything close to a excellent job handling this in any country but since Trump is the President he's the lightening rod for people to blame and praise in this country, fairly or unfairly. The one thing no one can argue is our death rate in this country is lower than the majority of other countries that have been hit as hard as we have. Last i checked and it been a couple days, S Korea was the only country that had a lower mortality rate than us. If that is still true were at least doing something pretty well. Could we have done more, absolutely but again they are learning on the fly.

As far as him wanting to get the economy going as quickly as possibly again theirs several factors that go into that i'm not sure people are accounting for. Trump and his team need to be giving accurate info but last i checked trying to be optimistic wasn't against the law. Everyone of us is doing the same thing by wanting the baseball season to start as quickly as possible. Even where we sit today our economy is in better shape than when Obama was in office. If the economy shut down lasts for an extended period of time people are going to get desperate and start committing crimes, rioting or worse that could end up being very deadly in and of itself. I don't think anyone thinks the idea rampant crime, riots and marshal law is a great idea

Trump is far from perfect or has handled everything well, that said i think were seeing prime examples in other countries that it could have been handled much much worse. Not meant to offend anyone or start another war in here, its just my opinion for whatever its worth. If u want to discuss my opinion fine I just ask that u respect my right to my opinion as i will respect yours
    Last edited by dayners81; 03-27-2020 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah like it’s trump’s fault that’s every bill passed by senate and congress is so full of wasteful spending and pork, last I checked the president doesn’t write the bills . I mean the stimulus bill was just passed had abouta billion dollars going towards museums , npr radio , windmills etc . And you know what I do I agree that the governors need to “thumb their noses “ at the idiots in the federal govt and actually take charge of their states instead of coming on tv and moaning and whining about how trump is to blame for their states being so ill prepared for this . Like Cuomo knowing for 5 years that ny state had a shortage of medical supplies like ventilators , and doing NOTHING about it .
    Its Trump's fault for continually trying to diminish and downplay the extent of this since the first cases landed in America back in January. He's still doing it hoping to reopen the country and businesses by Easter. How ****ing stupid can he be?

The president doesn't write the bills but he's the one who signs them into law or do we not know our basic social studies? He could easily have Congress and the House re-write the bill if he didn't want that pork spending. All it takes is him vetoing it. The fact that is that wasteful pork spending exists in all bills so this isn't going to be any different.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/tr...unch-at-cuomo/

Trump “obviously didn’t read the document he’s citing,” Dani Lever, a spokeswoman for Cuomo, said in a statement to The Hill. “This was a 5 year old advisory task force report, which never recommended the State procure ventilators — it merely referenced that New York wouldn’t be equipped with enough ventilators for a 1918 flu pandemic. No one is, including Mr. Trump.”

https://www.foxsports.com/midwest/st...s-gowns-032620

Fanatics has stopped all production of MLB uniforms and is now making masks and gowns for hospital workers. Fanatics and MLB will be covering all the costs.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its Trump's fault for continually trying to diminish and downplay the extent of this since the first cases landed in America back in January. He's still doing it hoping to reopen the country and businesses by Easter. How ****ing stupid can he be?

The president doesn't write the bills but he's the one who signs them into law or do we not know our basic social studies? He could easily have Congress and the House re-write the bill if he didn't want that pork spending. All it takes is him vetoing it. The fact that is that wasteful pork spending exists in all bills so this isn't going to be any different.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/tr...unch-at-cuomo/
    Honestly, I wouldn't waste your time with Jorge. The guy only reads right wing articles and doesn't do any other research. He just still claims to think he knows everything. Like he's claiming about the decline to purchase ventilators a few years ago. He likes to cherry pick and use straw man arguments, he will never ever admit to being wrong. He's a coward and has started **** with every poster since he's joined here. Then has the nerve to report people for a joke that's been ongoing for ****ing years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't waste your time with Jorge. The guy only reads right wing articles and doesn't do any other research. He just still claims to think he knows everything. Like he's claiming about the decline to purchase ventilators a few years ago. He likes to cherry pick and use straw man arguments, he will never ever admit to being wrong. He's a coward and has started **** with every poster since he's joined here. Then has the nerve to report people for a joke that's been ongoing for ****ing years.

He watches more games than all of us combined though.

I've never seen a new poster start so many issues with long time members so quickly. Trying to reason with him is pointless because even when you make a valid point he won't respond to it and creates a new version of the conversation that ignores your point and fits his narrative. When that doesn't work he will report u for something that isn't remotely close to worthy of being reported, starts baiting and insulting, hoping people will respond in kind so he can report them or just go with old fashion insults. Unless he makes a valid point its better to ignore unless u have several strong sedatives

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    [emoji90][emoji90]

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    don't you know thats why he knows more about the game and our players than all of us combined, just ask him lol

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I am absolutely not saying in anyway shape or form Trump did everything correctly. I do agree he made some misleading comments , i also believe that he was trying to be more of a cheerleader and chief and trying to spin some positivism and possibly trying to give best case scenario instead of inciting more worry and panic. There are plenty of other people out there that are giving the worst case scenarios that people can listen to. Were all his action the right thing to do, nope. Has everything he has done been completely wrong absolutely not. I think some people forget that this kind of pandemic hasn't happened in our lifetime. There is no manual or playbook to tell the government exactly what to do or how to do it, the world, including Trump is learning on the fly.

If its found that he is truly making a slush fund for his and his buddies companies with this relief bill then he should be absolutely held accountable and feet held to the fire.

That said a gallop poll taken yesterday shows that close to 65% of the country believes he has done a good job handling the pandemic.

Just as i believe its asinine to say this is all China's fault and they should be somehow be held accountable for all this, I believe its just as asinine to mainly blame Trump for everything that not going perfectly in this country. He, as no president before him is NOT a Doctor and the advise and recommendations he's getting are only as good as the people he has advising him. There are alot more people involved in making these recommendations. forecasts models, predictions and decisions than just Trump. He's not the one that is directly buying medical equipment, ect , there are teams of people doing that and giving him reports. The states and federal government should be working together not fighting each other for resources. Its incredibly counter productive and doesn't help anyone one the ground get what they sick people need any sooner.
    I do believe that Trump did the right thing reenacting the law from WW2 that gets factories, ie alcohol manufacturers making hand sanitizer, car manufactures making respirators ect

No one IMO is doing anything close to a excellent job handling this in any country but since Trump is the President he's the lightening rod for people to blame and praise in this country, fairly or unfairly. The one thing no one can argue is our death rate in this country is lower than the majority of other countries that have been hit as hard as we have. Last i checked and it been a couple days, S Korea was the only country that had a lower mortality rate than us. If that is still true were at least doing something pretty well. Could we have done more, absolutely but again they are learning on the fly.

As far as him wanting to get the economy going as quickly as possibly again theirs several factors that go into that i'm not sure people are accounting for. Trump and his team need to be giving accurate info but last i checked trying to be optimistic wasn't against the law. Everyone of us is doing the same thing by wanting the baseball season to start as quickly as possible. Even where we sit today our economy is in better shape than when Obama was in office. If the economy shut down lasts for an extended period of time people are going to get desperate and start committing crimes, rioting or worse that could end up being very deadly in and of itself. I don't think anyone thinks the idea rampant crime, riots and marshal law is a great idea

Trump is far from perfect or has handled everything well, that said i think were seeing prime examples in other countries that it could have been handled much much worse. Not meant to offend anyone or start another war in here, its just my opinion for whatever its worth. If u want to discuss my opinion fine I just ask that u respect my right to my opinion as i will respect yours
    Dayners, I'm guessing that you're pointing your finger at Italy, as an example of a country handling covid19 badly, but I think the situation is bad there in spite of their efforts, not because of them. They declared a national emergency after just 2 cases, back at the end of jan. They're not attempting to cover this up and spread disinformation every time there's a press briefing. They're not firing their pandemic response team. They're not calling the virus a hoax, and potentially getting people killed. They're not refusing WHO covid19 test kits but they want their infection numbers low. They're not telling people they want to see packed churches on easter. Trump has refused to use the defense production act to coordinate among business manufacturers to make ventilators, test kits, etc and have them sent to where they are most needed. Instead, he has told states, you're on your own, get your own ventillators, good luck! What sort of leader of a country, says something like that?! It is the job of the federal government to coordinate and manage national emergencies and disasters. Unfortunately, it is our president is who is the national emergency and disaster. You are not seeing this level of incompetence in any other country being hit by covid19. Other countries have taken swift and decisive action, and the results are showing in many countries, with the exception of Italy, in spite of their efforts.

What we are currently seeing is a complete lack of competence and leadership on our end.
    Trump is one part headless chicken, 2 parts clown, and 3 parts incompetent buffoon. Try to imagine, if he was our GM, for one moment, you and everyone else, would be openly accusing him of taking bribes to sink the team.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

What did Trump say about polls? They are fake?
    I'm guessing he thinks that one is honest.

I think you would have to do a very close examination of where the individuals involved are living.
    If people are not affected, they will be more likely to say he's doing a good job.
    80 more died in NYC last night. They are over 20k cases.
    To put that into perspective, there were 3 cases in NYC on march 6th. Some of that increase has to do with testing but I think NYC hits the 100k mark before April 8th. That will be 20k in need of help.

I find it ludicrous that he is the Commander and Chief yet he is disparaging governors for not being prepared. Right or wrong, it's not the time. It's time to act like a leader and he has in no way shape or form done that.
    He contradicts himself constantly. He sends mixed messages. He contradicts what his own experts are saying.
    He is unequivocally, the worst leader I have ever seen as a president. I won't say he's the worst president because I don't believe that to be the case. But he is by far, the worst leader of the people. This has further exposed his flaws.
    As far as other countries being worse? Don't count those chickens. We are blowing by Italy and if the numbers I stated come true, our death toll is going to by far, surpass the worldwide total. Keep in mind, it's just NYC that has been hit. This wave could hit many other cities and towns and if it hits like it is in NYC?
    Day, we are just starting.

Now he wants to ease social distancing in certain areas?
    This is a man whom people wanted as president because he "got things done". "He will push through and make it happen". He does that with his financial goals. He has not done even a bit of that. If anything he has postered blame onto everyone but himself.
    A leader should be accountable. I have yet to see a hint of that with him.

Ignorance is bliss

"Just finished a very good conversation with President Xi of China. Discussed in great detail the CoronaVirus that is ravaging large parts of our Planet. China has been through much & has developed a strong understanding of the Virus. We are working closely together. Much respect!"

He likes China. He thinks they did a good job. He is un-American.

Ignorance is bliss

He is the perfect example of our 17th ranked educational system.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah like it’s trump’s fault that’s every bill passed by senate and congress is so full of wasteful spending and pork, last I checked the president doesn’t write the bills . I mean the stimulus bill was just passed had abouta billion dollars going towards museums , npr radio , windmills etc . And you know what I do I agree that the governors need to “thumb their noses “ at the idiots in the federal govt and actually take charge of their states instead of coming on tv and moaning and whining about how trump is to blame for their states being so ill prepared for this . Like Cuomo knowing for 5 years that ny state had a shortage of medical supplies like ventilators , and doing NOTHING about it .
    Trump also would have continued to hold his rallies if local official told him they could not be held. Not wouldn't it have been something for 50,000 Maga hat wearers would have all gotten a virus they all believed was a political hoax at his rally and taken it home. Trump would have said it wasn't his fault

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Dayners, I'm guessing that you're pointing your finger at Italy, as an example of a country handling covid19 badly, but I think the situation is bad there in spite of their efforts, not because of them. They declared a national emergency after just 2 cases, back at the end of jan. They're not attempting to cover this up and spread disinformation every time there's a press briefing. They're not firing their pandemic response team. They're not calling the virus a hoax, and potentially getting people killed. They're not refusing WHO covid19 test kits but they want their infection numbers low. They're not telling people they want to see packed churches on easter. Trump has refused to use the defense production act to coordinate among business manufacturers to make ventilators, test kits, etc and have them sent to where they are most needed. Instead, he has told states, you're on your own, get your own ventillators, good luck! What sort of leader of a country, says something like that?! It is the job of the federal government to coordinate and manage national emergencies and disasters. Unfortunately, it is our president is who is the national emergency and disaster. You are not seeing this level of incompetence in any other country being hit by covid19. Other countries have taken swift and decisive action, and the results are showing in many countries, with the exception of Italy, in spite of their efforts.

What we are currently seeing is a complete lack of competence and leadership on our end.
    Trump is one part headless chicken, 2 parts clown, and 3 parts incompetent buffoon. Try to imagine, if he was our GM, for one moment, you and everyone else, would be openly accusing him of taking bribes to sink the team.
    He would be James Dolan.

"I take no responsibility"

‘we near the end of our historic battle’... On Thursday, CNN interrupted the briefing to broadcast the news that it had been the deadliest day yet in the pandemic for the United States, with at least 237 dead.”

Sell the Team, HAL!