Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 430 of 627 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Of course. Very true. But the old guy should have not went up to the Cops. Why not stay back and protest within his group?

There were two wrongs there. Protest but donít purposely get in the cops faces and basically try to get one to react which they are human beings and have emotions too. You all think the police should be robotic...these are human beings people and people get irritated too.
    You're right. Old man was asking for it; especially with that outfit he was wearing.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 06-07-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, Iíd probably tell him why did you go up and challenge the cops? You could have gotten hurt.

Again, Iím not agreeing with the damn Cop who did it. Iím just saying donít put yourself in a bad situation that could go wrong. And it did. He basically got what he wanted. He wanted to be touched and it is now a headline and talked about by all as it proves today.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I thought you were done here until baseball was back? I guess that was nothing but another empty statement.
    He still has a whole bunch of goal post moving, strawmanning, deflecting, and false equivalencies in his bag of tricks. He's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How do you heal the Country when you have a Mayor in DC purposely sending a message to Trump with her painting the street?

It had nothing to do with the cause....

How does THAT help the cause?

Seriously?
    Yeah. How dare she make a heinously divisive statement like "black lives matter" so close to Trump's residence. She should have named the street "back Trump or GTFO".

Yeah. How dare she make a heinously divisive statement like "black lives matter" so close to Trump's residence. She should have named the street "back Trump or GTFO".
    It is still a waste of tax payer dollars . That money could have been used to actually help her constituents , paint letters in a street wonít do that .

I thought you were done here until baseball was back? I guess that was nothing but another empty statement.
    You're a quick study. Nicky (aka mush) is like the Fla weather, if you don't like it wait 15 min. it's likely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    It is still a waste of tax payer dollars . That money could have been used to actually help her constituents , paint letters in a street wonít do that .
    You are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You're a quick study. Nicky (aka mush) is like the Fla weather, if you don't like it wait 15 min. it's likely to change.
    I am well aware.

You are hilarious.
    What is hilarious is that you know I am right and rather than prove me wrong you result to an insulting tone

How many "tax dollars" did it cost if any? They were volunteers. If you were complaining about the police overtime you might have a better case!

What you are really inferring ---I dare she endorse the message and allow the hooligans that much latitude.

ps. Further research suggests the Mayor commissioned the mural. Local artists were asked to paint. Supplies were provided by the city. DPW closed the street. Unclear of the costs involved.
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-07-2020 at 03:51 PM.

She did it to gain political capital in this environment. It was a stunt to get air time.

I'm not sure the 1k or less it cost her to rename the street would go very far to helping here constituents. Using that money to call attention to herself and that cause is worth whatever it cost her to change that sign

What is hilarious is that you know I am right and rather than prove me wrong you result to an insulting tone
    Now this is even more hilarious. Ever thought of a career in comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    She did it to gain political capital in this environment. It was a stunt to get air time.

I'm not sure the 1k or less it cost her to rename the street would go very far to helping here constituents. Using that money to call attention to herself and that cause is worth whatever it cost her to change that sign
    Apparently the BLM movement called her out on it. They were not impressed and accused her of pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

1k can feed some homeless people , it could feed some children in the projects that donít eat enough . I still rather see her put that money towards truly useful things than painting a street that will have to be repainted or cleaned at a later time

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    How many "tax dollars" did it cost if any? They were volunteers. If you were complaining about the police overtime you might have a better case!

What you are really inferring ---I dare she endorse the message and allow the hooligans that much latitude.

ps. Further research suggests the Mayor commissioned the mural. Local artists were asked to paint. Supplies were provided by the city. DPW closed the street. Unclear of the costs involved.

It cost money for the supplies and cost money to close down the street . Money that could have been used at the very least as a donation to BLM .