Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 426 of 627 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I think had the protested stayed mostly peaceful the people of this country would have really backed some serious change. This movement lost alot of momentum as soon as they started looting, rioting, destroying property, targeting cops and innocents,

Its really to bad that it happened the way it did, done the right way the rest the country would have backed serious reform
    I think a lot of that has been offset by the actions of cops. You've had a lot of officers show their true colors throughout this whole thing. I understand not all the actions of citizens are peaceful but you're seeing instance after instance of cops shooting tear gas, rubber bullets, and making violent arrests (sometimes assaulting) on people who are non violently voicing their want for change. The president's constant inundating of tweets about coming down hard on protestors has certainly rallied people as well.

I'm not advocating the looting, arson, etc and there are people who are opportunists for sure but i'm also of the belief that peaceful protesting doesn't always strike a loud enough message. Say what you will but this has.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-07-2020 at 01:19 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I think had the protested stayed mostly peaceful the people of this country would have really backed some serious change. This movement lost alot of momentum as soon as they started looting, rioting, destroying property, targeting cops and innocents,

Its really to bad that it happened the way it did, done the right way the rest the country would have backed serious reform
    I think it has still had a profound effect. I totally agree the violence, looting and vandalism are a bad look and it sucks.
    The looting and the vandalism are complete BS. The violence is a chicken or egg thing. We don't know the cause in most of the cases. Was it "protestors" using the opportunity to target vulnerable? In some cases, definitely
    Was it cops getting on edge and getting physical too quickly and that leads to retaliation? In some cases, definitely.

I also think that the destructive aspect, at least for the time being is getting shoved out of the way

This is a really nice story.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/3166914001/

I didn't check all the images to verify them but damn, if anyone thinks it's slowing?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-saturday.html

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think a lot of that has been offset by the actions of cops. You've had a lot of officers show their true colors throughout this whole thing. I understand not all the actions of citizens are peaceful but you're seeing instance after instance of cops shooting tear gas, rubber bullets, and making violent arrests (sometimes assaulting) on people who are non violently voicing their want for change. The president's constant inundating of tweets about coming down hard on protestors has certainly rallied people as well.

I'm not advocating the looting, arson, etc and there are people who are opportunists for sure but i'm also of the belief that peaceful protesting doesn't always strike a loud enough message. Say what you will but this has.
    100%

I feel the non-peaceful aspect should be motivated by defense. If the cops start unjustly? Fight back. Protect yourself and stand ground. It's your right.

Ignorance is bliss

And that is the problem. Nobody cares anymore about the message when all they see on TV is rioting, looting and vandalism. But you have people on here that say the bad is very little and that is a crock a bullspit. These people on here need to admit it that the message is about gone because of the idiot agitators that came in behind the peaceful protesters and ruined a chance for change.

This is the same old cycle and we will have it again with the next death.

And now as I am reading the NY Post and all I see is racism in every little article with all sports. This coach said this, that coach said that. You have to walk on egg shells with everything now with regards as being a coach. Screw that job! You look at somebody wrong and they cry racism. Screw the job. Who wants that? You have former players saying they were treated differently because of color. Why didnít those players call out the coach when it happened? Why NOW?

This Country has become too damn soft with everything because the left wants it that way.

Now the systemic racism needs to stop in this World as it happens everywhere but Trump gets the blame for all of the Worldís problems.

The problem is the bad seeds in everyday life make it bad for people who want change and reform.

And what did Obama do differently with the St Louis riots years ago than what Trump has done now? Looks the same to me besides Obama doing nothing.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-07-2020 at 07:16 AM.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

So Obama was in the WH for 8 years...

What did he do to stop systemic racism?

If it still happens TODAY then the answer is NOTHING!

Where was the reform?

Oh, letís kick the can down the road for the next guy or gal to worry about.....

But this is a Trump issue for the Election as the Dr pointed out. This and the coronavirus was handle incorrectly so that means Joe Biden should be President. Ok, got it....
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And that is the problem. Nobody cares anymore about the message when all they see on TV is rioting, looting and vandalism. But you have people on here that say the bad is very little and that is a crock a bullspit. These people on here need to admit it that the message is about gone because of the idiot agitators that came in behind the peaceful protesters and ruined a chance for change.

This is the same old cycle and we will have it again with the next death.

And now as I am reading the NY Post all I see is racism in every little article with all sports.

The problem is the bad seeds in everyday life make it bad for people who want change and reform.

And what did Obama do differently with the St Louis riots years ago than what Trump has done now?
    "There are productive ways of responding and expressing those frustrations, and there are destructive ways of responding," Obama said. "Burning buildings, torching cars, destroying property, putting people at risk -- that's destructive and there's no excuse for it. Those are criminal acts. And people should be prosecuted if they engage in criminal acts."

Top Obama aide Valerie Jarrett spoke twice -- Monday night and Tuesday morning -- with Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon, and has also briefed Obama. Jarrett and Holder also held a conference call with civil rights leaders.

Cabinet Secretary Broderick Johnson, meanwhile, held a call with Missouri officials to coordinate their response in Ferguson, while White House staffers discussed other cities' responses with mayors across the country.

So Mush, he tried to work with the mayor and governor. He didn't tweet they were weak or that they needed to dominate or crush anyone or that he would send in the military.

It was also primarily in one city. it was nothing like this.

You know Trump has completely dropped the ball on this
    Which means he's dropped two balls. Which makes him ball-less. But he's already been ball-less, ahh he didn't drop these balls. He couldn't even hold them to begin with.

"For the overwhelming majority of people who just feel frustrated and pained because they get a sense that maybe some communities aren't treated fairly or some individuals aren't seen as as worthy as others, I understand that and I want to work with you," he said.

Ignorance is bliss

Where was the reform?

Oh, letís kick the can down the road for the next guy or gal to worry about.....

But this is a Trump issue for the Election as the Dr pointed out. This and the coronavirus was handle incorrectly so that means Joe Biden should be President. Ok, got it....
    So a black man in the White House trying to stop systemic racism? You don't think he may have met with some small amount of resistance?
    His being president alone, was a huge change.

Ignorance is bliss

I guess Florida is going back up because of the reopening. Iím surprised nobody talks about coronavirus anymore on here? New flavor of the month I guess.

I still think Florida opened up too soon. My date was June 1 to begin with not May 5 like DeSantis did.

Now we have local leaders taking a look at the new increases and will decide if we go back to shutting down a little to try to quell the numbers.

Just shutdown the country until the vaccine and live like we have been for the past 3 months. I was adjusted just fine.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    "There are productive ways of responding and expressing those frustrations, and there are destructive ways of responding," Obama said. "Burning buildings, torching cars, destroying property, putting people at risk -- that's destructive and there's no excuse for it. Those are criminal acts. And people should be prosecuted if they engage in criminal acts."

Top Obama aide Valerie Jarrett spoke twice -- Monday night and Tuesday morning -- with Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon, and has also briefed Obama. Jarrett and Holder also held a conference call with civil rights leaders.

Cabinet Secretary Broderick Johnson, meanwhile, held a call with Missouri officials to coordinate their response in Ferguson, while White House staffers discussed other cities' responses with mayors across the country.

So Mush, he tried to work with the mayor and governor. He didn't tweet they were weak or that they needed to dominate or crush anyone or that he would send in the military.

It was also primarily in one city. it was nothing like this.

You know Trump has completely dropped the ball on this
    Which means he's dropped two balls. Which makes him ball-less. But he's already been ball-less, ahh he didn't drop these balls. He couldn't even hold them to begin with.

"For the overwhelming majority of people who just feel frustrated and pained because they get a sense that maybe some communities aren't treated fairly or some individuals aren't seen as as worthy as others, I understand that and I want to work with you," he said.

Ok, you win, Iíll vote for Joe Biden. Are you happy now?

How fabricated and fake was that?

I sound like Drew Brees.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So a black man in the White House trying to stop systemic racism? You don't think he may have met with some small amount of resistance?
    His being president alone, was a huge change.
    He was the leader of the Free World. He had the power for 8 years and did nothing Clown. Quit making excuses for him. The damn news media gave him a free pass for 8 years with a lot of issues. And they still do today and you are doing the same.

Where was this systemic racism message during his 8 years Clown?

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Trump wanted to stop the violence not the peaceful protesters. Please get it correctly and quit the spin jobs.

The problem is he is more harsh and more direct than what Obama did who reminded me of that weak police recruit on the Police Academy movie.

Speaking of racism, was that Movie racist too? Well, that was 1984 so it probably was......

Geez, everything is bad in this Country now and Joe Biden will save the world!

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

I have had enough of the cornovirus and this George Floyd issue.

Iím outta here until baseball returns!

The left on here just gives me a headache. I love you all but I canít stand the talk in circles. You all will never be happy. Nothing is ever good for you all. You all want that Utopian World that doesnít exist.

See you all when the season starts their 50 game regular season and the Baltimore Oís win the East wile the Yankees stumble out of the gate and just missed the WC by 1 game because they got hot too late during games 35-50. Watch, it will happen!

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Where was the reform?

Nicky it's not a simple a question. Many Americans changed their perceptions of discrimination and racism after Barack Obama became the nationís first black president. This belief that racial biases had softened, however, did not translate to positive feelings about policies that address racial disparities, according to a new University of Michigan study. In fact, opposition to affirmative action and immigration may have increased since 2008. ďWhen racial progress is made, and perceived, by many Americans from a variety of racial backgrounds, it may seem counterintuitive that opposition to affirmative action would increase,Ē said Nicholas Valentino, an associate professor of communication studies and political science.

Two steps forward one step back.

https://academic.oup.com/poq/article.../2/201/1862704
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

I have had enough of the cornovirus and this George Floyd issue.

Iím outta here until baseball returns!

The left on here just gives me a headache. I love you all but I canít stand the talk in circles. You all will never be happy. Nothing is ever good for you all. You all want that Utopian World that doesnít exist.

See you all when the season starts their 50 game regular season and the Baltimore Oís win the East wile the Yankees stumble out of the gate and just missed the WC by 1 game because they got hot too late during games 35-50. Watch, it will happen!

I donít blame you . I could have a healthier conversation with a rock than some of people in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I donít blame you . I could have a healthier conversation with a rock than some of people in this thread
    Thatís not what the rock said

Ignorance is bliss