Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 409 of 627 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 9393
  1. #6121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If you like your paycheck getting smaller then vote for Biden. Taxes will go up with him as President. The liberals make you feel sorry and the the pain of a less paycheck is not quite bad initially and then you got suckered but are now stuck with less take home pay.

    Tax and spend is all they know.
    Wait Nick are you factoring in the $1.5T tax cut for the .01% of the population? For the first time in American history, the 400 wealthiest people paid a lower tax rate than any other group. The fact that the ultra-rich potentially pay a lower tax rate than the working class is a massive problem. The Trump administrationís tax cuts for the wealthy highlight the fact that policy is moving in the wrong direction.

    The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 was the largest tax overhaul in over three decades. It was rushed through congress and itís working exactly as it was intended to do so: to line the pockets of the wealthy at the expense of the working class. Optically, it was championed as a way to boost the economy, but the fact is that unemployment was already low and the cuts came amidst a long bull market.

  2. #6122
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,948
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Omg... u said thugs. This guy is a racist! Just like Trump... basically said the N* word!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Lmao!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  3. #6123
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Wait Nick are you factoring in the $1.5T tax cut for the .01% of the population? For the first time in American history, the 400 wealthiest people paid a lower tax rate than any other group. The fact that the ultra-rich potentially pay a lower tax rate than the working class is a massive problem. The Trump administrationís tax cuts for the wealthy highlight the fact that policy is moving in the wrong direction.

    The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 was the largest tax overhaul in over three decades. It was rushed through congress and itís working exactly as it was intended to do so: to line the pockets of the wealthy at the expense of the working class. Optically, it was championed as a way to boost the economy, but the fact is that unemployment was already low and the cuts came amidst a long bull market.
    Blah blah blah , when are you gonna get that the ultra rich control both sides of the isle and will never pay their fair share Of taxes ? Why do you think every time there have been any tax increases it was always the poor and middle class that hurt the most from it ?

  4. #6124
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    A very good friend is a photo journalist in NYC. He is a not a man who embellishes and he understands both sides of this situation and has seen both good and bad from both sides.

    His comments last night were, he has never seen the NYPD storm troopers out to harm until the last couple nights and before the curfew. He said they are surrounding groups who are completely peaceful at 7 pm and basically closing the circle with force. The are swinging at heads.

    They aren't doing it to the violent and destructive people. They are doing it to the peaceful ones.

    Consider that for a moment. Consider what message that sends.

    Was it past the curfew?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #6125
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Was it past the curfew?
    I find it hard to believe that there is a journalist that doesnít embellish the truth .

  6. #6126
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The sad truth is those labels are the root of all of this. I would say Doc and Metswon are the most liberal, but they are not like Bernie Sanders liberal. I am liberal but I am very close to the center. You are probably just the opposite, very in the center but just a bit conservative. Then Day, and FlimFlam, SPliff, 28 all fall in the center but slightly to one side or the other.
    All of us see the need for change. We may not all agree on every aspect of things but we all see the need for change.
    You, Flimflam, Day are now being called liberal. That seesaw is getting less and less balanced as this who call you guys liberal, have to go to closer to the end of the seesaw and become more entrenched in the extremest view.
    To balance them out, all of us have to lean a bit more.

    So to me
    The term liberal in this country has become someone who wants social change. Someone who wants all people to have an even field.
    People who want change to make all better off even if it means they sacrifice a little.
    People who see the racism and sexism inherent in our political and social systems and want to change them

    Liberal now means change. Democrats now mean liberal

    Conservative is the refusal to change those things because of fear or inconvenience.
    I call Trumps base racist because they are beholden to upholding a system that they, on some level know, gives them significant advantages over people of color. They are complicit be it through fear or hate.

    We have one group that wants change and one that doesn't

    I get it. I understand why people feel that way. I truly understand why people are so supportive of him. But their idea of MAGA is going back to another time. We can't. We can only go forward and going forward means change.
    We have to change. That is not liberal or conservative.
    It is human decency

    Where do I fall? Iíll see how close you are......
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  7. #6127
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,112
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Was it past the curfew?
    Before. Like an hour before


    I've never heard him talk the way he did. He is always very fair in his assessments. I have heard other sources saying that it's out of control and the media is hiding it. I took that with a grain of salt
    But he was there and he doesn't lie.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #6128
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,112
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Where do I fall? Iíll see how close you are......
    Mush, I know you claim to fall center right.
    I know you didn't vote for Trump.

    But your defense of him is what is odd. You don't align with him so much politically and you've stated that you don't think he handled covid well or the protests well, so while you may not feel you are far to the right and may not be, you are certainly hanging with that crew in how you talk



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #6129
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that there is a journalist that doesnít embellish the truth .
    He's a photographer who sells his pictures to papers and magazines.
    He's not a reporter.

    He's not a liar.
    You could learn from him what it's like to stand up and be honest.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #6130
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Before. Like an hour before


    I've never heard him talk the way he did. He is always very fair in his assessments. I have heard other sources saying that it's out of control and the media is hiding it. I took that with a grain of salt
    But he was there and he doesn't lie.
    Well they need to start enforcing the curfew before it starts if they wait until the last possible minute it risks more violence . And I donít believe the word of any journalist , since the only way they get paid is if their is a newsworthy story behind their work and in this case itís anti police sentiment

  11. #6131
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What about the national guard or the state police? He has the power to use both and he didnít Use either one. For days he sat in Albany while parts of nyc was looted and burned . That is lack of leadership .
    Bullspit. NYC has the largest police dept in the country condensed into a relatively small area, 38K cops in just over 300 sq miles including the outer Boroughs. Manhattan is apporx 23 sq miles. I would venture a guess he felt they had the man power to handle it effectively and expeditiously.

    I saw enough brutality at the hands of the police. Don't need more militaristic tactics used against peaceful people.

  12. #6132
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,948
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Is that what I said Nicky? I said, NO chance turn out would be low considering recent events! Reading is fundamental.
    I know what you said Dr....geez, you missed my point once again...higher turn out by the Dem votes would obviously mean more votes for Biden. But my point is the Dems always pray for a high turn out but it never happens. Then their excuse is voter suppression. The blame everything but the actual cause. And that cause is because people just donít want to get off of their lazy ***** and vote. But you also assume too much with recent events or think those events will tilt it in favor of Biden.

    Trump always ends up smelling like a rose with everything. Biden has no shot Dr.

    He is the worst candidate to face Trump.

    Bernie had a better chance.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-05-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  13. #6133
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He's a photographer who sells his pictures to papers and magazines.
    He's not a reporter.

    He's not a liar.
    You could learn from him what it's like to stand up and be honest.
    Again they only buy his photos if it will fit their narrative . Like he could take a pic of a cop raising his baton on a protestor but what if that same protestor punched the cop first or someone next to that protestor threw a brick and your friend either missed it or refused to photo that part of the event ? It is very easy to warp a situation to fit your narrative with just a picture

  14. #6134
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Bullspit. NYC has the largest police dept in the country condensed into a relatively small area, 38K cops in just over 300 sq miles including the outer Boroughs. Manhattan is apporx 23 sq miles. I would venture a guess he felt they had the man power to handle it effectively and expeditiously.

    I saw enough brutality at the hands of the police. Don't need more militaristic tactics used against peaceful people.
    Last I checked , ďpeaceful peopleĒ donít loot and burn down buildings .

  15. #6135
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Blah blah blah , when are you gonna get that the ultra rich control both sides of the isle and will never pay their fair share Of taxes ? Why do you think every time there have been any tax increases it was always the poor and middle class that hurt the most from it ?
    That is essentially my point. If you spent more time trying to comprehend rather than simply react you would get it. I do feel this most recent tax cut is the most egregious and blatantly partisan in history. tRump didn't even try to mask his intention.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •