Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 406 of 627 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Those darned liberal run states!
    I don’t think he was getting at that, I think he was just pointing out the areas that have seen the most violence (and where police have been told to stand down)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Yes and he is showing love and compassion to the 85% of people that are tired of this pointless rioting. Too many innocent ppl are being impacted... time to get back to normal life.

Trump? Love and compassion?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I don’t think he was getting at that, I think he was just pointing out the areas that have seen the most violence (and where police have been told to stand down)

Ssuurree

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

No one is saying to protect the bad cops and no one is saying not to protest. Protest all u want but don’t kill people, not destroy buildings and private property, and don’t lite stuff on fire.

What more do u guys want? The cop and his helpers were charged for the death of George Floyd. But they still want to destroy and steal things. They still want to shoot and stab the police. At what point does the chaos stop?

Is it just a coincidence that atleast most of the worst rioting and destruction have been in states with Democrat governors and/or mayors?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Trump? Love and compassion?

Tell me how is it showing love and compassion by saying “ we are hurting with you and are with you” and then telling your police to stand down , all while your cities are being looted and burned down ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-05-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    A very good friend is a photo journalist in NYC. He is a not a man who embellishes and he understands both sides of this situation and has seen both good and bad from both sides.

His comments last night were, he has never seen the NYPD storm troopers out to harm until the last couple nights and before the curfew. He said they are surrounding groups who are completely peaceful at 7 pm and basically closing the circle with force. The are swinging at heads.

They aren't doing it to the violent and destructive people. They are doing it to the peaceful ones.

Consider that for a moment. Consider what message that sends.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Moderate and Democrat goes together like oil and water
    Like intelligent conservatives?

Ignorance is bliss

Not me. That guy is a spineless piece of human trash.

https://youtu.be/JLfIPiqbRRs

Spineless is the man in our office who blusters threats of military because he's too stupid to find a peaceful solution
    Spineless is continually lying
    Spineless is threatening the very people you swore to protect
    Spineless is using racial slurs and pejorative terms to insult other politicians
    Spineless is blaming the rest of the world for your failures
    Spineless is not taking accountability for your actions
    Spineless is hiding in a bunker. Then saying you didn't. Then saying you did. And tweeting that your dogs and ominous weapons would hurt people at the very least.
    Spineless is pretending to be strong when you are in fact, very weak.
    Spineless blindly following that type of individual

Ignorant and foolish is calling someone spineless because they display, intellect, diplomacy and compassion rather than buffoonery

Ignorance is bliss

Omg... u said thugs. This guy is a racist! Just like Trump... basically said the N* word!

Interesting parallel you use between thugs and the n word.

I think of thugs as people like trump. People that use force and fear to get what they want. Be it a tv or a cheeseburger for his fat arse.
    You think of them as people of color.

Ignorance is bliss

Well it’s the first time u asked but I don’t have a problem with it.

No. It wasn't

But thank you for the honesty.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    'Liberals' and even progressives in the US would be considered middle/right center in a majority of other countries, and right wing in some.

That's how 'unprogressive' the United States is.

It's okay, guys like bezos needs billions of dollars that he will never spend(yes I'm aware much of it is tied up in stocks). But a fair share of Americans(many in republican states, more so than democratic run states) are struggling to make ends meet.

I've been a fiscal conservative for 34 years, it's how I was raised. But, seeing how the status quo has not helped, I'm open to change.

Republicans don't save the country money, they just use the time and time again **failed** trickle economics that never work for more then a few years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    The sad truth is those labels are the root of all of this. I would say Doc and Metswon are the most liberal, but they are not like Bernie Sanders liberal. I am liberal but I am very close to the center. You are probably just the opposite, very in the center but just a bit conservative. Then Day, and FlimFlam, SPliff, 28 all fall in the center but slightly to one side or the other.
    All of us see the need for change. We may not all agree on every aspect of things but we all see the need for change.
    You, Flimflam, Day are now being called liberal. That seesaw is getting less and less balanced as this who call you guys liberal, have to go to closer to the end of the seesaw and become more entrenched in the extremest view.
    To balance them out, all of us have to lean a bit more.

So to me
    The term liberal in this country has become someone who wants social change. Someone who wants all people to have an even field.
    People who want change to make all better off even if it means they sacrifice a little.
    People who see the racism and sexism inherent in our political and social systems and want to change them

Liberal now means change. Democrats now mean liberal

Conservative is the refusal to change those things because of fear or inconvenience.
    I call Trumps base racist because they are beholden to upholding a system that they, on some level know, gives them significant advantages over people of color. They are complicit be it through fear or hate.

We have one group that wants change and one that doesn't

I get it. I understand why people feel that way. I truly understand why people are so supportive of him. But their idea of MAGA is going back to another time. We can't. We can only go forward and going forward means change.
    We have to change. That is not liberal or conservative.
    It is human decency

Ignorance is bliss

Well said clown.

So true, at this juncture it ain't about liberal or conservative. It's about decency, respect and tolerance.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Tell me how is it showing love and compassion by saying “ we are hurting with you and are with you” and then telling your police to stand down , all while your cities are being looted and burned down ?
    Andrew Cuomo
    @NYGovCuomo
    ·
    First, the president started the fire. He keeps adding fuel.

Now, he wants credit for attempting to put it out.

Meanwhile the house is burning.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Andrew Cuomo
    @NYGovCuomo
    ·
    First, the president started the fire. He keeps adding fuel.

Now, he wants credit for attempting to put it out.

Meanwhile the house is burning.
    lol quoting andrew cuomo who during these riots ripped the police.. then was forced to apologize..when the chief of department in nyc monahan blasted him..cuomo did not even know who he was..smh...