Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 627 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 9393
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No surprise that Bernie dropped out , after last night itís virtually impossible for him to catch biden

    I do think this is the beginning of the end of the world .

    Well now his campaign said it was a rumor. But come on, just drop out.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,390
    China says a flu drug approved in Japan was effective in a study of 340 coronavirus patients.

    Lung X-rays showed improvements in ~91% of patients treated with favipiravir, compared to 62% of those not treated with drug. https://theguardian.com/world/2020/m...rus-says-china

    Dr. Dena Grayson
    @DrDenaGrayson
    Favipiravir inhibits RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, an enzyme that makes copies of the virusí RNA (not DNA) genome. RNA viruses need this enzyme to make new viral particles, so itís quite plausible that this drug IS effective against. I worked to develop a similar drug (galidesivir, BCX4430) with the same mechanism of action as #favipiravir, and both drugs show activity against a broad spectrum of different RNA viruses.

    Entirely plausible that #favipiravir is active against #COVID19.

    More good news: FDA can authorize the use of unapproved medicines, such as #favipiravir, during medical emergencies, such as the #CoronavirusPandemic.👇🏼

    Cocktails of approved drugs can be used NOW (drugs are already approved!).

    This study of #favipiravir *appears* to be promising, but needs to be confirmed.

    Based upon my near-decade of experience developing a similar drug, itís quite plausible that favipiravir has activity against the #coronavirus.

    Letís get testing it NOW.
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-18-2020 at 12:03 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,661
    Iím all for canceling the 2020 Election...just wait for 2021. We have more to worry about than a damn election for President
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,661
    Trump just called it again in his new presser, THE CHINESE VIRUS....


    Folks, this is all done on purpose. China said the US started this virus. And when you hit Trump he hits back.

    I bet the first question will be what is the Chinese virus.....

    I understand his point but I also agree he could do this with his tweets instead of having his Heath Team standing behind him when he first said it. We donít need to waste presser time with dumb questions on what did he call it again.

    CNN will probably ask that question IMO.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-18-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,390
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Iím all for canceling the 2020 Election...just wait for 2021. We have more to worry about than a damn election for President
    While government officials have the authority to reschedule voting for the partiesí primaries, that flexibility does not exist for the general election. It is all but certain to happen as planned.

    Can Trump use the national emergency to delay the election?

    No. The president does not have that power. Legal scholars are widely in agreement on this point, as are both Republican and Democratic election officials. The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service reached the same conclusion when it investigated the question in the aftermath of 9/11.

    Under the U.S. Constitution, Trump and Pence cannot stay in office past their four-year terms without being reelected. If the election does not happen for any reason, constitutional rules of succession kick in.

    That could mean a lawmaker down the line of succession who is not up for reelection could be the new president. That person very well could be a Democrat, and installing a the Democrat in the White House is not an outcome Trump or any partisan Republican seeks.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,390
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, everybody is affected, not to just working families.

    Donít you know everything is all tied together?

    American Airlines just hit its lowest ever with its stock. Dr, working families have their stock too, not just day traders.

    The panic is on!
    Take the condescension and stick it Nicky. I am well aware of the economic impact. I am just advocating for the working families hit hard. The multi nationals have resources, assets and financial clout to get the financing they require. A luxury not shared by the vast majority of affected Americans.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,226
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Trump just called it again in his new presser, THE CHINESE VIRUS....


    Folks, this is all done on purpose. China said the US started this virus. And when you hit Trump he hits back.

    I bet the first question will be what is the Chinese virus.....

    I understand his point but I also agree he could do this with his tweets instead of having his Heath Team standing behind him when he first said it. We donít need to waste presser time with dumb questions on what did he call it again.

    CNN will probably ask that question IMO.
    He's a fool to keep that crap going. Just call it the Coronavirus. Why make more enemies right now?

    It's irrelevant.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He's a fool to keep that crap going. Just call it the Coronavirus. Why make more enemies right now?

    It's irrelevant.
    I agree

    His excuse is China could have warned the WORLD quicker. And their comments about the US starting it.

    You know he will say something dumb and doesnít even care what the media or anybody thinks.


    He knows China watches everything and that was obviously a parting shot towards China for saying the US is responsible.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,661
    Kung Flu?

    Really?

    Was that a question coming from a member of the media?

    This is the crap I canít stand from the media.

    Wasting time with crap like that?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,390
    Why did US / Trump have CDC refuse the WHO testing protocols and millions of tests to create their own unreliable tests which set us back at least a month?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,661
    Trump?

    Biden?

    No President could have been prepared for this and asking dumb questions for not having g enough hospital beds is quite stupid!

    How does ANY LEADER of the World prepare for this?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,226
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I agree

    His excuse is China could have warned the WORLD quicker. And their comments about the US starting it.

    You know he will say something dumb and doesnít even care what the media or anybody thinks.


    He knows China watches everything and that was obviously a parting shot towards China for saying the US is responsible.
    I mean the thing that's nuts is regarding Doc's post about the potential treatment china figured out. If out is legit and works, why would you be ripping the country with the cure? lol.

    We need to come together about this.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    China says a flu drug approved in Japan was effective in a study of 340 coronavirus patients.

    Lung X-rays showed improvements in ~91% of patients treated with favipiravir, compared to 62% of those not treated with drug. https://theguardian.com/world/2020/m...rus-says-china

    Dr. Dena Grayson
    @DrDenaGrayson
    Favipiravir inhibits RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, an enzyme that makes copies of the virusí RNA (not DNA) genome. RNA viruses need this enzyme to make new viral particles, so itís quite plausible that this drug IS effective against. I worked to develop a similar drug (galidesivir, BCX4430) with the same mechanism of action as #favipiravir, and both drugs show activity against a broad spectrum of different RNA viruses.

    Entirely plausible that #favipiravir is active against #COVID19.

    More good news: FDA can authorize the use of unapproved medicines, such as #favipiravir, during medical emergencies, such as the #CoronavirusPandemic.👇🏼

    Cocktails of approved drugs can be used NOW (drugs are already approved!).

    This study of #favipiravir *appears* to be promising, but needs to be confirmed.

    Based upon my near-decade of experience developing a similar drug, itís quite plausible that favipiravir has activity against the #coronavirus.

    Letís get testing it NOW.
    probably won't happen.. simply because the FDA like many other businesses is probably shut down for he duration.... (at least it would not shock me any if it were)

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,226
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Trump?

    Biden?

    No President could have been prepared for this and asking dumb questions for not having g enough hospital beds is quite stupid!

    How does ANY LEADER of the World prepare for this?
    A single leader cannot. A government can. I have friends in this industry who are so angry at the lack of preparation. You literally need plans G, H, I, J...
    There needs to be a system in place and then 20 other systems if that fails.
    It's up to the leader to make sure these things are set and have an idea what will happen and the chain of command and communication. Then leave it to the experts.

    Those friends also say that we are very lucky this is the "Junior Varsity" virus. It's a world wide, wake up call



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,226
    For those saying it's the same as the flu, 475 people died in Italy yesterday.
    This is not the flu. It spreads faster and is deadlier.
    Stop saying absurdly misinformed things.
    It's irresponsible and foolish.



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 4 of 627 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •