Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 390 of 568 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 8512
    James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution

James Mattis, the esteemed Marine general who resigned as secretary of defense in December 2018 to protest Donald Trump’s Syria policy, has, ever since, kept studiously silent about Trump’s performance as president. But he has now broken his silence, writing an extraordinary broadside in which he denounces the president for dividing the nation, and accuses him of ordering the U.S. military to violate the constitutional rights of American citizens.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/612640/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Im not sure if im going to take Mathis' word on this one. He's been fired by both Trump and Obama and obviously has an axe to grind.

He maybe very well dead on with his claims, i would just give another source more of the benefit of the doubt

So the message has been lost folks. Riots and violence basically took over the headlines instead of what should have happened. This is a never ending cycle. So what is the purpose if this always continues to happen?
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/612640/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I was going to post this.
    While I agree with Dayners and Mattis's history, I still have great respect for him as a military figure.
    I think his words carry weight and what he said resonates with what I feel to be true.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So the message has been lost folks. Riots and violence basically took over the headlines instead of what should have happened. This is a never ending cycle. So what is the purpose if this always continues to happen?
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ay/3141681001/

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86881...s-in-baltimore

NYC had peaceful protests until after curfew, when the peaceful protesters went home

Your comments are false.
    I don't agree with the looting or destruction. I 100% agree with people's right to protest. If you don't, you are throwing away the first amendment.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    These riots protests are getting way out of hand and at least in my area they aren't saying anything about the man that was murdered. They are in the process of shutting down bridges and overpasses in my area because protesters are blocking bridges and others are dropping/ throwing rocks, bricks and glass bottle full or gas or acid onto on coming cars. My wife and daughter just got home and had got a bottle that had acid on it dropped on her SUV and probably did 5g's in paint damage

If you are going to protest police brutality inciting violence, rioting, looting, targeting cops for violence and completely innocent people like my wife, isn't going to win the movement/group any points with the public to help them.

This has gone way past protesting the death of Mr Floyd, these people out at night causing trouble and trying to hurt innocent people are being domestic terrorists and should be treated as such. I respect peaceful protest but this has gone past that. There is zero reasoning to be targeting random people like my wife and daughter

Yeah i'm pissed because my wife and daughter could have been seriously hurt or even killed. If they have to get the national guard in to these cities to stop this crap.

Whats this been going on for now 9 days? even the LA riots didn't last that long. This needs to end NOW
    First of all, I'm very happy that neither your wife or daughter were harmed. It sucks about the car.

People are really outraged. I am not excusing or saying it's ok but I do understand why it's happening.
    The police were initially created to protect the wealthy from the poor. (Short version). It suits those who have, to have the cops and the rest of the have nots, like us, dislike each other and be on opposite sides.
    Misinformation is spread, people hate the cops, the cops know it and go into every situation with their back bristled.

As someone who has first hand witnessed, black friends be unfairly targeted by police , I know the truth to the anger.
    This is so deeply ingrained into our society that it will take generations to get fixed. I think This is also becoming a wealth issue in the riots. The economic system has made is so much more difficult to pass wealth from germination to generation in the black community. It's harder to buy a home and other real estate and that's the biggest way to pass down wealth and accumulate it within a family.

I don't blame the cops. It's what they are taught. It's what they are told.
    Boston cops did something amazing. In the midst of all of the protestors, they took a knee and held up peace signs.
    To me, that is the way to go. "Hey guys, we get it. We are with the victims. But we have a job to do"

This is going to run it's course. If we had a leader who did more than tweet and threaten, I honestly believe that this would have resolved itself.
    I hope we have seen the peak and things will calm themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What is truly pathetic is that you and others are gonna vote for a guy that likely won’t finish his first term
    Then I hope Biden picks a VP that I like.
    Stacy Abhams, Kamala Harris, Mayor Pete

I think this excerpt sums up everything going on in NYC.

About an hour after the 8 p.m. deadline to get off the street, officers began moving in on crowds of demonstrators in Manhattan and Brooklyn, at times blasting people with pepper spray or using batons to shove people who didn’t move fast enough.

NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan said about 60 people were arrested near Central Park for defying an order to go home.

“When we have these big crowds, especially in this area, especially where we’ve had the looting, no more tolerance,” Monahan said. “They have to be off the street.”

City Public Advocate Jumaane Williams, who attended a rally in downtown Brooklyn, expressed outrage that police had broken up the peaceful demonstration by shoving protesters and hitting them with batons.

“I can’t believe what I just witnessed & experienced,” Williams wrote on twitter. He called the use of force on nonviolent protesters “disgusting.”

Should people be off the streets for the curfew? Absolutely
    If they have been peaceful, should the cops be hitting them with batons and pepper spray? Only if they absolutely have to do ti.
    We don't know because we weren't there.

So just let them break the law by staying well past curfew ? Give me a break

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...ses-wednesday/

And there's this ole thing
    1300 new cases in Florida yesterday

Texas with 1900 new cases in two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

After almost a week of protests how can new cases of the virus not spike up?

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ay/3141681001/

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86881...s-in-baltimore

NYC had peaceful protests until after curfew, when the peaceful protesters went home

Your comments are false.
    I don't agree with the looting or destruction. I 100% agree with people's right to protest. If you don't, you are throwing away the first amendment.
    Clown, for the last time where did I ever say I was against Any protest?

I have never said it..

I’M against the violence and destruction.

My point is everytime there are peaceful protest with regards to social injustice civil unrest just flares up to a point where the actual meaning gets completely lost.

His family is saying these terrible riots are ruining George Floyd’s legacy.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

My only issue with the Mattis Op-ed was his downplaying of the violence and buying into the liberal media’s narrative.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-04-2020 at 09:10 AM.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

The Protests really wrecked the numbers....

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Protests really wrecked the numbers....
    Mush. The cases have been on the rise since the state opened
    I doubt the protestors are going to get tested
    So if it’s their relatives? It would take a bit more than a couple days to be showing signs

The protests cAses will be showing up next week IMO